• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Strange Ecstasy Come Ups

Ragazzo

Greenlighter
Hello guys, I am new to the forum and was hoping I could get some answers on my use of ecstasy pills. Generally, I was never interested in drugs, but I went to work to Ibiza for summer and my best friend practically handed it to me on a silver plate. To that day, I still feel happy that I decided to do it as my experiences were generally very positive, also because I take the risks very seriously.

Unfortunately, there has been now 5 strange come ups in total of 7 trips. I’ve been using the pills always in the club with my friends, who never had any problems. Our source in Spain claimed the pill is tested and we’ve been using one kind all the time. With one exception when we tried something different.

First time I did it was in the club (one pill - cca 160 mg), it kicked in after an hour and I still think it was probably the best night of my life. Come up was smooth, feeling great (stayed awake until 8 PM) and no comedown whatsoever.

Second time again week later, very very good night, took 1,5 during the night and enjoyed myself almost the same like before. These two evenings I honestly consider as the best I ever experienced.

Then I did the same pill for the third time a week later. Here I remember the come up came with little anxiety, apathy and muscle stiffness. It lasted for like an hour, wasn’t anything too serious and when I overcame it, everything was cool again. But for the first time, it wasn’t a totally smooth sail. At that point I still felt it’s manageable even though I had to sit and waited for it to pass.

Now in the next two weeks we experimented with coke a bit and haven’t really took any pills.

Unfortunately, when we decided to take the same ones again, I had probably the worst come up also because I didn’t expect this. I took one half (as always) and after almost an hour I started to feel dizzy, vision wasn’t really clear and I had to sit on the toilette for like 30 minutes. As I was sitting, I was nauseous, sweating a lot and generally feeling bad. But at the same time I felt like I can handle it. Because it was still early and it was outdoor party, I then sat on the fresh air for the next two hours and eventually everything was good again. That night I took 2 pills (didn’t feel any strong effects after taking one) and had a pretty strong trip. Had some light visuals, nothing serious and I really enjoyed the night, but that come up stressed me quite a bit.

Next week, we did it once again on a day party. We decided to take a different pill, which was also tested. This time I knew it can come, my friend also knew he has to be around and we basically agreed to wait until it passes. The nauseous feeling wasn’t that bad, but I felt anxiety (didn’t really want to talk to anybody), only wanted to sit and waited for it to pass. It did eventually, and we had a good time.

Now the third time, I again did the same old pill I did three times before with my friends. I decided to do it before going to the club so I won’t be in such environment before the nasty come up comes. It came, I vomitted for the first time, we waited for like two hours and than I did 1,5 pill in total. The night was good, but again, anxiety and strange come up, feeling very weird and just sitting in the corner far from the club before it was alright.

At that point, I also thought it might have been because I really used xtc little more than I should have and I decided to fly home and take some rest. For the next 4 months until yesterday, I wasn’t taking any drugs and didn’t even drink alcohol.

Yesterday I took a pill (220 mg) with my friend. In total I’ve had 2,5 and had fantastic time. But even after 4 months, the strange come up came again and all I wanted to do for like two hours was sitting somewhere where music is not too loud and not talk to anybody. I kept telling myself it might be in my head and wasn’t panicking at all since I already had the experience but the symptoms were physical again as I vomitted. I know vomitting is pretty much normal. But because of that, it seems some of the drug gets out of the body and then I have to take more to experience really good feeling.
Eventually I overcame it and the night was pretty good.

It seems my come ups always come in some sort of levels. I gradually start to feel weird and then it goes away gradually, again. I start to feel better and better until the point when it’s how it’s supposed to be.
But the thing is, I never had these come ups at the start, my friends don’t have them and I just feel stupid for dragging them into this (they have to take care of me and don’t enjoy the music). It was eventually good every time, but these come ups are just not a pleasurable experience.

Plus my bad come ups last up to two hours and not 30 minutes like majority of the people say.

Also, having anxiety and feeling I don’t want to talk to anybody is something which is completely new to me and never happened to me when sober or drunk. I am always pretty social and chilled.
I wonder if I should try to take a pill in a quiet setting and really try to understand what’s going on. But the symptoms I just can’t control even when I am breathing slowly and I am in complete calm.

I just hope I can get rid of these come ups and start to have just the good experience, the same as all my friends do.

Regarding come downs, it’s little unusual that always immediately after the event and even day after I am in pretty good mood unlike my friends who are little miserable. Then in the next few days I feel sad, but I guess that’s normal and it doesn’t concern me.

I’ve been thinking about it quite a lot and would seriously appreciate any help. Thank you!!!

Last edited:
I haven't made it through all of your post yet, but I'd highly suggest longer breaks between use. The frequency with which you're taking the drug may well be playing the major role in your problems.

Yeah, I realize the post is way too long. So to make it more simple - I came home after two months in Spain and didn't do anything for the next 4 months, including alcohol. Unfortunately, yesterday the came up happend again after popping the half of the pill and the only difference was me being more calm after having the experience already.

Thanks for the help anyway!

1. Consider finding the right dose for you - for me the sweet spot is around 110mg. Anything more than 120mg and I have difficult come ups that last about an hour and a half, and when I'm peaking it can feel intense and uncomfortable and I don't want to talk to anyone. People have normalised using huge doses of mandy these days, but 90-120mg are considered good sized doses so it might be that a higher dose just isn't right for you.

2. It is normal that come ups and come downs can become harsher with more frequent use.

3. You need to space your rolls out more than once a week, most people advise a break of three months minimum. This could have been a contributing factor.

4. Some people find taking an antacid tablet an hour or two before helpful in reducing vomiting. MDMA can be quite harsh on the stomach, and also I believe the intestines are responsible for releasing serotonin, which is why you might feel like you wanna puke and/or poo on the come up, and also why you might feel anxious in your stomach.

5. I used to do what you do and go and sit somewhere for the come up, but actually I found this made it worse as I was focusing more on every little symptom and feeling. Actually forcing myself to stay on the dance floor dancing gives me a good distraction and makes me less focused on the physical symptoms. Also when I start to feel weird, I talk myself through it - I just remind myself to accept it, it is all part of the experience, it is normal, I'm just coming up, these thoughts and feelings will pass soon etc.

Are you doing them totally sober? A couple of drinks might settle your nerves and helps you piss as well.

Thanks for your effort, Elation31! Obviously my plan now is to try smaller doses (like one third of 220 mg) and maybe redosing after 30 minutes. I do realize I was doing it way too much during summer which is also the reason I decided to take a huge break. Unfortunately, it didn't really help so maybe the problem is in my head as well.

I also thought about not sitting in the corner and just try to enjoy myself which at times seemed almost impossible.

I will now have a break again and then experiment some more with dosing and maybe also consider taking it in a quiet setting.

When I think about it, I am probably not the first person who had the most positive impressions after the first use and didn't really get all the bad rep drugs have until it somehow turned out to be not pleasurable at all. Interesting.

From what I've seen with most people with these issues and others, it seems to be from overuse. Once a week is way too much and the effects will be severely diminished. I'd take another break for 4-6 months and then use no more than about 200mg in a night and see how things go.

As far as mixing things, a drink or two may help as someone mentioned. Yes they are a stim and depressant but 1-2 drinks is nothing unreasonable and could help with the nerves. Personally I love the come up rush and is one of the best parts for me but everyone is different.

Drinking beer is actually pretty good advice and I think there is a chance it will help. The reason I never thought about it was because you are not supposed to mix drugs and alcohol, but one bottle won't hurt I guess.

If I may ask, what do you feel during your rush and what are you doing in the meantime? Thanks.

Drinking beer is actually pretty good advice and I think there is a chance it will help. The reason I never thought about it was because you are not supposed to mix drugs and alcohol, but one bottle won't hurt I guess.

If I may ask, what do you feel during your rush and what are you doing in the meantime? Thanks.

During the comeup? Just the typical adrenaline/amphetamine rush and body high/euphoria...honestly one of the best ways I can describe it is a butterfly feeling in your stomach/chest that you'd get with intense anticipatory excitement. On the peaks of the waves vision will blur and the body highs are heightened.

As far as what I'm doing, I only take MDMA at music raves/festivals so I'm dancing my ass off/making out with the girl I brought.

Yeah, I realize the post is way too long. So to make it more simple - I came home after two months in Spain and didn't do anything for the next 4 months, including alcohol. Unfortunately, yesterday the came up happend again after popping the half of the pill and the only difference was me being more calm after having the experience already.

Thanks for the help anyway!

so it was half of a 160 mg pill? 80 mg? This is too little mdma and generally low doses of mdma or analogues have given bad extended comeups for me. There is a threshold that needs to be crossed with these drugs for them to actually feel good

This one was 220 mg, so the half was 110 mg which should be more than enough.