• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Best antipsychotic to mix with cannabis

DrLeary

Greenlighter
Hi, i am trying to find a antipsychotic that does not block the effects of weed.. or maybe a antipsychotic that will enhance the effects of weed.
I have smoked weed while on zyprexa but the effects went away as soon as i had something to eat.
I have smoked while on risperidone DEPOT and had severe heart palpitations i thought i was going to die.
I have smoked weed on paliperidone no heart palpitations but the weed had no effect.
so what i am asking is what is what is the best antipsychotic to mix with cannabis?

i have done some research and it seems that Seroquel and Abilify seem to be the only 2 that do not block the effects of cannabis with no interactions..
what do you guys think?
please let me know your experience.

THX

I have Schizoaffective disorder...

Hi DrLeary, ptsd sufferer here; sorry to hear that trying out a bunch of meds dont work to make you feel alive. I agree with you that seroquel does not block the effects of cannabis as I take the lowest dose 25 to 50mg of it for anxiety or for sleep. I have no experience with abilify so I can't give you any answers with that.

Good luck

I've known people that were taking Abilify that smoked, it didn't block the high in any way. I've personally smoked while being prescribed a variety of other neuroleptic drugs, and none of them did either.

I've been on Seroquel about 10 years, and it doesn't change your high for better or worse.

i wouldnt reccomend abilify and weed it gave me serious kidney conditions im trying to get on asenapine (saphris) it apparently has no side effects with weed i found this out by searching cannabis interactions by the fda a medical company and they say saphris has no interaction blue light kind of misled me into thinking that abilify and weed were ok but they arent my personal experience was no good and fda say weed and quetiapine (seroquel) can rupture the gall bladder which left untreated can be fatal saying that i have smoked weed on seroquel and it didnt rupture my gall bladder im guessing its only a matter of time i also smoked weed on olanzapine (zyprexa) and it gave me involuntary body movement so i thought i would swerve that.
so saphris seems like the one, the only thing is from what i found out the saphris study was discontinued because to many side effects kept showing and one of the side effects is involuntary body movements fingers crossed they dont affect me

Abilify blocked weed for me, but during the process of withdrawal off of it, I experienced basically the same high I used to get when I first started smoking. I also basically don't get high at all if I smoke now (just psychotic and horny), and I'm not on any other kind of drugs.

I very badly wanna try L-Stepholidone now, which is apparently a natural antipsychotic derived from the Stephania intermedia plant in China. I have a feeling it would bring the magic of my earlier weed highs back, because my theory is that my current brain state is too psychotic to handle any amount of THC and cause that blissful effect.

Last edited:
I?am using 2mg invega daily and can get stoned without a problem. But sometimes i can become anxious and over thinker when i get high.

I used to have this problem with all antipsychotic medications including Abilify. I have always been on a really low dose (like a dose that would be prescribed for children or teens) usually 5 mg. Eventually, the side effect just went away and the body developed a better way of processing the medication. Your best bet is to try the newest types of antipsychotics which stimulate the dopamine receptors, rather than block them entirely. I am not certain as to how this works, all I know is that my psychiatrist described it to me in that way. She told me that some medications "stimulate" rather than block. A good medication that works in this way is Vraylar which I will be going back on this week. Hope that helps.