Suggestion to alleviate mobile annoyances

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
This has been suggested before but I thought I'd bring it up again: It would be most helpful if the links to switch between mobile and desktop(full) site could be included at the top of the page. Like above where the "Support Links" and "Other Links of Interest" are for example? But have them so they are always there regardless of where you are on the site so that switching can be done easily from anywhere.

I don't know the statistics but I'd be willing to bet a great portion of users view the site through mobile devices nowadays.

There are a few things us mobile users have to switch to the full site to do: editing posts, editing profile, viewing stuff put under NSFW, etc. Having the links to switch between mobile and full easily and readily accessible on any page of the site would be very helpful. As it is now, I have to come back to Site Technical Help anytime I want to find the links.

When in desktop mode, you can switch to Bluelight Mobile or the somewhat improved (you can edit posts without deleting them at least) Metro Mobile Blue from the drop-down selector on the bottom left of every screen.

When in mobile mode, you can switch to desktop by selecting 'full site' at the bottom of every mobile screen

:)

But yeah, that aside, we do know we need to upgrade the mobile software, for sure.

I'm embarrassed to say I never noticed the drop down on the lower left side of the screen while in desktop view.

Thank you CFC, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Very useful. I keep forgetting there's a link down there to go to full site.
--CD the Scrolling Mod

Yeah with the Full Site link at the bottom of the mobile view and the drop down at the bottom left that let's you switch back to mobile while on desktop I can quickly switch back and forth now. This is perfect, can't believe I didn't notice them myself.

HA, case in point. I deleted my post trying to edit in in the new mobile skin. Copied before I did so though.

Yeah, I switch back and forth between skins on my phone. I find that the new Metro skin still deletes posts when editing, so I really plan what I am saying :D I prefer the older mobile skin as I like the "Check threads..." button.

Both mobile skins do weird things in forums I moderate though. Often when trying to post a new reply, I find myself inadvertently selecting moderation tools such as delete/move posts. But as nothing is selected (usually) nothing happens but I lose what I am writing :|

Yes the metro skin is just as bad at deleting posts as the mobile skin when trying to edit in my experience so far.

Mostly I use the mobile skin and only change to desktop as needed. Now it's not such a big deal since CFCs advice, I can quickly change views ninja quick.