• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How much cardio for healthy effect/fat burning

LOGan1314

Bluelighter
I do 30 minutes of intense cardio (550 calories burned) directly after a 45 minute weight lifting session. I don't really feel like I'm getting the full health affects from it (I still have extremely high anxiety and my sleep hasn't improved). Also, I am not burning very much fat.

What do you guys think is the minimum amount of cardio required to achieve these two benefits?

For real? NOBODY has any other information/opinions on this? I have researched but I have gotten all sorts of different answers. The most common answer for fat burning is actually what I'm doing now, hence why I'm doing it. But does ANYBODY have any other tricks/tips on cardio exercise that really gets the job done?

For real? NOBODY has any other information/opinions on this? I have researched but I have gotten all sorts of different answers. The most common answer for fat burning is actually what I'm doing now, hence why I'm doing it. But does ANYBODY have any other tricks/tips on cardio exercise that really gets the job done?

Diet my friend. Cut your calories, and try some HIIT cardio, it works 100%.

you dont need to do cardio to burn fat if you are lifting heavy weights. if you arent making progress it could be due to nutrition and since you mentioned you don't sleep well, you could be overreaching with your CNS.

you dont need to do cardio to burn fat if you are lifting heavy weights. if you arent making progress it could be due to nutrition and since you mentioned you don't sleep well, you could be overreaching with your CNS.

Any evidence for this claim? Very interesting....i do know some professional body builders/models that are VERY lean who claim they don't do cardio....but I have always heard that it helps trim that extra fat.

And I actually don't sleep too bad...