Ketamine and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)

peruquet

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

As the thread suggests,

I would like to hear SWIY's anecdotal reports of (enhanced/disabling/both/unsure) experiences with High Intensity Interval Training with any strong NMDA antagonist such as DXM or Ketamine

Please provide protocol of HIIT and dosage preferably.

Thank You!

Hi, welcome to Bluelight.

Can I ask why you'd even want to do this? Is it for pain relief while doing HIIT or something? A sedating drug isn't generally likely to help you hit a performance peak.

First off, I never limited this survey to 'while doing it'
the survey includes post and pre-workout

Second,
I am speculating that NMDA antagonists may have an interesting rebound effect, for which, given a wide-enough cycling window (perhaps 48h+) could promote more-of-a flowstate during Intense training such as HIIT

Thirdly,
Low-dose or slighlty-above-threshold insufflated K have helped my monkey perform at a near-same-level >without< the intense mental stress cause by HIIT;
and, therefore I wanted to corroborate such observations by pushing a survey on Bluelight

If those three reasons aren't enough, feel free to delete the thread

Indeed, I wasn't exactly thinking of performance enhancement but rather of enhancing high-performing-mindset sustainability (/ HIIT mental stress management)

Anyways, this was just my thinking, I want to know what's yours (given SWIY has any relevant experience)

I guess I'll respond as someone who has used Ketamine somewhat frequently (not like, daily, but almost every weekend or every other weekend for maybe a few months at one point) while at the same time keeping up and somewhat progressing with a HIIT regime.

At the time on good weeks I would be doing my normal HIIT around 3 times per week, but after a weekend Ketamine binge I almost invariably skipped Monday's session, so it was detrimental in that regard. That said, it did not seem to adversely affect my performance in the long run, I didn't notice any adverse effects while exercising, and I was able to keep improving... I don't think that in retrospect I would say that it was helpful though, probably it's more the case that my pre-existing habit of exercising actually kept me on a more even keel, psychologically, and gave me a reason not to go too off the rails with Ketamine and other substances because I didn't want to impact my progress in training... at least not too much.

I may not be exactly the kind of subject you are looking for here however as when I have indulged in Ketamine historically I generally want to go for at least a couple of K-hole doses per session, rather than the lower doses, which may negate any of the theoretical benefits.

One final point which may be of interest to some, I have noticed that when taking Ketamine on a day that I have already exercised, the euphoric effects are potentiated.

Also, let's not talk about experiments of questionable morality involving anyone's pet monkey here, it's not necessary and we all know you're talking about yourself. :)

Thank you very much @Vastness
Your feedback is very ?informative/revealing