• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Opiate Withdrawal Help OMG

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, an admire of anyone who has gotten through this crap. Basically I have eaten 1-4 percocets daily for slightly over a year now, going through some minor withdrawals here and there. Finally grew sick of being dependent on an item controlling whether your day completely sucks or is pretty decent. So 10-40 mgs regularly, maxing out at 60 mg on party days.

Days 1-3 are hard, but day 4 for some reason is the absolute hardest for me. Anxiety out the roof. I question every aspect of my life and this kind of hell is from another realm. I want my sex drive back. I want my desire to do anything back. When I am in WD I just want to stay still and not move any part of my body but it is painful to even be motionless. No symptoms of vomiting at least. I am a young male and my buddy who became addicted to these pills with me now moved onto heroin--while I do not wish to really contact him anymore for obvious reasons that he is becoming increasingly toxic and not the person I became friends with whatsoever. I'm surprised he has not OD'd yet based on how out of it he has seemed each time I've visted him.

At what point do you think the physical symptoms will be gone? My cravings are severe on day 4 as well. For the record, I think that anyone who has withdrawn from methadone or H or any of those other more powerful agents is probably the strongest person on earth. This is crazy and I would rather have food poisoining. How do I get out? Its so easy to mentally return from the agony knowing that just one can bring you back to the planet.

Tell me I'll be normal again one day please. I want to feel normal again.

Hey, welcome to the site. At four days you are still in the midst of acute withdrawal but the symptoms will pass before too long. It's a lot easier if you actually want opioids out of your life and it sounds like you do.

It can be similar to quitting smoking in the sense that you may not instantly realise that the withdrawals are passing and you are feeling better because it can be gradual. It can actually be much less drawn out with opioids than nicotine (although probably more intense initially).

Hang in there. Might take a few more days or a couple of weeks, it varies, but it gets easier.

Hey, welcome to the site. At four days you are still in the midst of acute withdrawal but the symptoms will pass before too long. It's a lot easier if you actually want opioids out of your life and it sounds like you do.

It can be similar to quitting smoking in the sense that you may not instantly realise that the withdrawals are passing and you are feeling better because it can be gradual. It can actually be much less drawn out with opioids than nicotine (although probably more intense initially).

Hang in there. Might take a few more days or a couple of weeks, it varies, but it gets easier.

Thank you. I can't explain it but it feels like an eternity. Four days, a week, etc. It's all eternity for some reason. I do not know if other kinds of withdrawals feel this way as well.

PS> what should I be eating during w/d? I try my hardest not to lose weight but it just seems impossible.

Hey man, welcome! :)

Maybe make your way over to Sober Living. The guys there should be able to give you some great pointers on how to deal with all of this, as well as there being other examples for you to read about :)

Best,
CFC

Yo bro. I feel ya on that day 4 shit... for me its day 3 but I am older now and still put myself through this. I've done all the meetings rehab prison you just got to tough it out if u really want it... there isn't any other truth... i myself will go on for months making myself sick for 3 days at a time talk about insane... I most of the time end up in the county and go on withdraw protocol... which is a joke with a habit like mine. Its just a bunch of psychological meds that knock you out for a week... and then yeah the cravings suck but its all in our heads... at least after a month or so get your weight up and whatnot...
I've tried to kick with other drugs on the streets and sobriety only last so long... got the coke or meth and stay up for 2 days then benzo cocktail to attempt to sleep for 2 more... idk bro I'm sick right now doing my best to save face for xmass...good luck

Hang in there....it's worth it in the end. I was fortunate to stumble onto 4 suboxone strips after day 2 of trying to get off of opana.

I know how you feel. I've been off of it for almost 2 months. The craving never goes away. Have to fight it. Stay away from others that do it also. If it's there you'll do it. Good luck.

Hey new to this site but far from new to WD symptoms. Been a H addict since they took oxycotin away 8yrs or so IV user for 6yrs. Please trust me do not go deeper into the hole of which u r in. (As in H)
Use anxiety meds very limitedly for sleep until the physical symptoms subside. An take a lot of showers or baths an try to get in bed ASAP (this works wonders FM while in jail an coming off a lot of H).
Then regimen urself with them. This is when the real battle starts ur brain will lie to you u will lie to until u can't take it (this is the cause of anxiety ime ) . So Xanax or generics will help only get them for someone u trust an hopefully u have another contact than ur usual 1 for ur DOC, or preferably if it's allowed in ur county or state go see a doctor for help.
This is just MO I'm a junky not a doctor. So with that said good luck an I've seen a lot of people loose everything from 1 bad choice being right where u are RN.

I hope you are doing well you should be past the physical withdrawal by now. I have been through this many times and for me after the physical is over then the mental sets in and I usually break. This time I was very mentally unstable and I was able to see a doctor who gave me Wellbutrin. I think it saved my life. It really helps with the urges to get high and I get a slight stimulant feeling from it which is the feeling I was addicted to in the first place. It also helps with sex drive and smoking cessation. Anxiety, not so much so I was also prescribed buspar for that. I don’t think buspar has really done anything for me though. Wellbutrin doesn’t work for every one but it’s something to consider to help mentally.

I was right here/there with you until an hour ago when I chose to give up waiting on my suboxin connection andb went out on my own. Agian. Stay with it. Trust me and yourself when the thought of saying f...it and taking the easy way out. I made an appointment with sub doc then went back into this. It's all right where I left it!
Stay hard !

Hey everyone, many mistakes since this post but.... so I made it to day 8 and every part of that was pretty crazy. I was starting to feel better but then I couldn't take the lingering effects of the WD and took 2 to shake it off. To be honest it really didn't feel that good, but nice to get some relief to battle it all over again. I hope the 7 days off will lessen the WD I'm about to feel once more :/. I used to love ops but now I HATE them and what they're doing to me. But thanks for the replies everyone... not giving up~ the temporary break back to planet earth will help me recover mentally from the days of anguish so I can battle this demon! They felt incredible the first few months didn't they? Eventually you seemed trapped between constant WD and the "high" is no longer what it used to be whatsoever, just a fog and some gravitating relief from hell... Ugh. Damnit tho lol.

I've been doing everything I can think of to combat anxiety (which is the worst symptom for me). I have some ativans at my disposal but those make me grouchier the next day, which is just fueling the fire. Exercising regularly to get some endorphins back I hope. PS> it's hard to fight WD in the winter because it's already freezing! To be honest everything was just really overwhelming... smells and sounds and tastes and my sex drive came back like a monster. It was really intense and a huge change too fast. Was extremely guilty about relapsing but then I realized that maybe a nice brief interlude to reflect on things can be a good thing. Don't give up everyone. @##$ ops am I right? It's almost as though despite knowing that the WD is pretty physically harlmess doesn't matter, bc in your mind you feel like you're slowly dying.

Last edited:
I second this, Using Kratom will work wonders for you. Xanax is a bitch to kick as well so I wouldn't recommend taking it very much for very long.

I third this. I've tried a million different ways to kick and you will go through something however you do it. But kratom truly helps a bunch, more so than xanax for my money. I'm in a program currently and we get drug tested so can't use anything else but kratom. Anyway it's a dirty little secret here that when you are about to detox off the last bit of methadone we use to detox here. That someone will put you on to kratom. Everyone has varied but good results with it. Although I think think you need your habit on whatever to be as low as possible and allow your self to get sick for a day first, then take a load of the shit. Even with that you will feel rough somewhat though. But again remember always it's just a feeling and it will pass. Took me like 3 weeks after my last dose of methadone to really feel 'straight'. Some could be as little as 3 days, others 3 months. But give yourself a chance to at least see what sober feels like. You can always go back to the spot if sobriety doesn't work out, flaco ain't going anywhere :)

I third this. I've tried a million different ways to kick and you will go through something however you do it. But kratom truly helps a bunch, more so than xanax for my money. I'm in a program currently and we get drug tested so can't use anything else but kratom. Anyway it's a dirty little secret here that when you are about to detox off the last bit of methadone we use to detox here. That someone will put you on to kratom. Everyone has varied but good results with it. Although I think think you need your habit on whatever to be as low as possible and allow your self to get sick for a day first, then take a load of the shit. Even with that you will feel rough somewhat though. But again remember always it's just a feeling and it will pass. Took me like 3 weeks after my last dose of methadone to really feel 'straight'. Some could be as little as 3 days, others 3 months. But give yourself a chance to at least see what sober feels like. You can always go back to the spot if sobriety doesn't work out, flaco ain't going anywhere :)

Kratom is sold at most smoke shops? What does it feel like?

Kratom is sold at most smoke shops? What does it feel like?

Without any opiate tolerance, I believe it feels like a Vicodin buzz. If you're using it for opiate withdrawals, it will relax you and take away the cravings/sick feelings. I was on a pretty bad habit and the first time I took it I actually felt a small buzz and my dope sickness was gone in like 15-20 minutes. But everyone is different.

Edit: I also suggest buying online instead of buying through headshops. Much cheaper and often better/safer product. Some headshop kratom has been known to have tramadol analogues and could be potentially dangerous. If you come across a brand called OPMS Maeng Da silver, that stuff isn't terrible. I use it if I am in a pinch waiting on my order in the mail.

I myself was in a drug court program that didn't allow suboxone or methadone. Kratom saved my ass for sure!

OK I'm going to the smoke shop tomorrow and picking up some kratom for the first time. Anyone have a guide on how to use it? How do I know I just won't get addicted af to that substance since I already have an addictive personality however..

As far as WD goes I feel really good now. My slip up didn't cause it to come back mentally I just feel phsycially in pain (for some reason my jaw aches a ton during WD and shifts around, I don't get RLS or restless arms). I ran out of god damn advil. I used to like ativan for the sleeping part but benzos make me grouchy as all hell the following day. I've heard percs have a crash from some people but they didn't for me... benzos do.

However, I have to be honest I don't know what to rly live for rn. I have alot of great things going for me in my life but none of them are like the thrill of scoring ox you know? You have to get pleasure from the world in other ways and I'm totally weirded out by that so far after being in a fog for an entire year. I can't say I'm craving opiates a ton like I used to during WD but its a weird place being left off after scoring opiates everyday and suddenly being a new person. I kinda liked the dulled out world more to be honest ;/

PS if anyone wants to know what happens if you relapse during PAWS you just bring it back for a couple of hours and then feel fine. Once you get past the hellish peak of WD during days 1-5 in my opinion the worst is over.

Last edited:
kratom seems to be helping me as well. im not taking large amounts, about 1 gram a dose. If chills kick in, I might take a couple more.