• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Opiate Withdrawal Help OMG

It does feel like you're dying. That's exactly how I explain it. I was taking 100+mg Oxys a day and did a fast taper over 2 weeks. I'm on day 2 of nothing and it still sucks. I've lost over 10 pounds in 2 weeks. And I was not overweight to begin. It does make you hate the damn pills doesn't it?! I'm right there with you. Everything looks brighter and weirder with sober eyes. I kinda prefer the dull too. It's like learning how to cope with life all over again. But it needs to happen. How'd the kratom help? I tried it and didn't like it, even though it helped me sleep and did calm some WDs.

Yes nobody talks about what happens to the mind after overcoming the grueling physical consequences of withdrawal! Literally women/men look different (whatever you're attracted to) because their sexual aura comes in full force. Food tastes overwhelming and smell is unbelievable. It's like you're a baby again discovering the world. I actually cannot believe opiates do this to people and it's not often mentioned to what extent they take over your 5 senses. In medical journals the journals mention how the limbic system is slowed down to prevent pain, but NOT how your nervous system being slowed down literally affects everything about your senses.

Maybe we just need more time to adapt to this newfound body. But days 2-5 in my opinion are UNBELIEVABLY bad no matter what your dose or choice of poison. Anything to not be in that complete hell again.... seriously dude. Kratom stops the WD symptoms for like 2 hours but it doesn't even come close to being anything like an opiate high. The real deal is 8x whatever kratom is.

opiates are the devils rose but its worth it to get sick and overcome this hold on you the thought of them will never leave you but know its for the better i hope the sickness passes ppl dont deserve to suffer in silence.