• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

N&SADD Social V1 - One step forwards, 2 steps back

wow, that's quite an endorsement o_o I'll have to put it on my to-see list, I've been skeptical about it so far since Nolan doesn't really make me think war film but on the other hand, neither did Eastwood. you must be a 20th century history buff if you've seen Sands of Iwo Jima ... ?

Never seen it = I know I should but I am pretty lazy at watching classic films (I generally don't bother with anything that came out before the '60s).

Finally managed to get to the local IMAX yesterday to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Really really liked it, but on the basis of the first watch I cannot say I loved it. I'm not too worried though as I felt the same after seeing 'The Force Awakens' in IMAX the first time around - too much to take in after waiting 30 years for a Star Wars sequal but after getting the 3DBD upon it's release last Christmas I now love it - despite being one of the few folk who actually like the prequels, I found TFA much more fun than any of them and also preferred it to last years impressive but flawed 'Rogue One'.

A bit too much for me to take in with regards to 'The Last Jedi' which confirmed my one reservation about a film I have otherwise been desperate to see since this time last year - the film-makers, IMO, have over - egged the pudding a bit but there are so many good ideas and moments that the overall experience is extremely satisfying for a life long sad case fan boy. The only question is that they have included so much story one has to ask what is left to tell in 'Episode IX'?

Then, as a final naughty move I have ended my Star Wars centric holiday season (I have spent the last few weeks watching all previous 8 films and 'The Clone Wars' and 'Star Wars Rebels' TV series in chronological order in anticipation of my cinema trip yesterday) by splurging out 50 quid on a copy of 'Battlefront II' for the PS4 which I am about to unwrap and install and test drive with some ganja. Its the closest I will get as an adult to unearthing all my old Kenner toys so please give me a pass on this one. I do want to grow up honestly.

No reason anyone of us every has to, or needs to, fully grow up. I've found videogames a great way to tickle the kid inside of me. Still get that child like rush of wonder and adrenaline anytime I purchase a new videogame and I'm usually struck nostaglic with euphoria when I get home, tear the plastic off and smell that new videogame smell.

... And I just dosed 1.2g of phenibut, just like last weekend. Why the hell? I mean, I enjoy it's effects for a few hours but it's never worth it due to the slight side effects I get for the next 24-48hrs (slight nausea, slight insomnia and slight anxiety) :/ Sometimes I truly wonder about freewill....

Happy New Year fellow NSADDers.

I need to stop reading so much. Every since my friend gave me this box of Koontz novels I've been do nothing in my free time but reading. Normal chores and what little I have of a social life are suffering too because of these books.

It's been like this for me ever since quitting stimulants (MDPV mostly) about 4 years ago. I find something I enjoy and then I absolutely saturate myself with it. It's like my hobbies (reading, watching Netflix, Bluelight) are not actual hobbies, instead they are more like an escape; Like an addiction.

At least I'm not abusing stimulants anymore I guess. But in a sense, nothing's changed... I'm still "addicted" to an escape, albeit a healthier one.

This probably belongs in sober living or mental health. I might post over there but for now I'm mostly just rambling... And sorta bumping the thread too. This forum has seen some activity since Steewith2ees initiated this thread and I'd hate to see it die.

I can relate man, when I stopped shooting coke I turned to anything else that got the blood pumping, I ran daily, drove fast, jumped off bluffs, really became an adrenaline junkie.

I can relate man, when I stopped shooting coke I turned to anything else that got the blood pumping, I ran daily, drove fast, jumped off bluffs, really became an adrenaline junkie.

Hmmm... Maybe that's what is missing from my life. Adrenaline. Mabye it would help me feel more alive, or maybe I'd just get addicted to it too.

Mostly the things I've found since quitting are just distractions. Netflix and reading mostly. And work, long hours at work. Things that occupy my mind so I'm not bored and longing for stims.

Maybe it's time to go sky diving or something.

Adrenaline addiction isn't necessarily a bad thing man. Encourages you to go on adventures and see the world. Half of the trips I've taken were for the adrenaline, went with a buddy to Tennessee for a weekend just to jump off some bluffs, ended up in the seedy end of Nashville at a little dive bar, a lot of my best experiences were distractions. Tbh need some now that I've kicked the meth, but need to save money to head to the city and build a life.

^^^ remember we were talkin bout Old Crow Medicine Show?
You just reminded me of their song (*well its an album too )
Tennessee Pusher. It's awesome.

I suppose your right bptubbs. Currently I spend way too much time lying in bed watching Netflix, reading books and browsing bluelight (when I'm not working, of course). Getting a taste for adrenaline would be a good thing.

Runningfox you changed your avatar. Didn't recognize you at first.

The Greek letter Sigma is a nod to James Rollins; a new novel came out December 5th . The Demon Crown.... I'm so excited but I usually wait for the paperbacks.

Lol just remember if you're a stimulant freak, adrenaline can be pretty addicting man.

Personally I dont think I have any adrenaline any more. It all got used up, those months taking care of dad when he was terminally ill.

Now I'm just a boring blob. Not too much High Energy stuff goin on.
You guys can tell.me your adventures though
Maybe I can "catch" some adrenaline by proxy.

I got the flu now . That's why I haven't been commenting much. This is the viral flu not withdrawing from any substances. My husband caught it first---he's still not well after 8-9 days but he's gone back to work. Everyone at his job has had it lately too; the news says there's a flu epidemic here in Iowa but all this Intel does not serve to make the suffering less, sadly. (This is not letting me start new paragraphs I have no idea why ) but I do hope everyone is alright.

I'm getting ready for work, putting on my virtual flu mask lol. Sorry to hear about the flu, have actually never had it, heard it feels like opiate withdrawal though.

Almost everyone I know has been coming down with something in the last few days.

Hope you feel better soon fox that runs

It's getting better. The severe chills seem to be gone for now
Just horrendous belly pain and weakness/ exhaustion.
Thanks for thinkin of me.

Glad you're getting better being sick is horrible.

Sorry I've been so anti social I've been laid up with it since NYE. Hope everyone's on the mend.