• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

N&SADD Social V1 - One step forwards, 2 steps back

Was hoping santa would give me a few grams of this or that... Woke up and found my stocking is empty :(

Of course if I really wanted some kind of fun powders I'd go about getting them myself but honestly, these days, I'm just over it I guess. I mean, a huge part of me wants a quick binge but the logical side of me has won out and I realise it's just not worth it anymore.

Same here, my neighbors an h dealer, and that little voice in my head wants me to get high, but I know it isn't gonna change much.

(C&P from an EADD thread - these presents from my Dad were the highlights of my Christmas Day. I'm sad, geeked up film buff and collect Blu - Rays...)

My dad who my love for is beyond what I deserve from a relationship, got me a couple of BD's for Christmas as I have not managed to get to the flix all year with the exception of 'Logan' back in the spring.

As such he bought me copies of two of the years biggest and most critically acclaimed studio tent - pole releases.

'War For The Planet Of The Apes' (Dir. Matt Reeves) is a must see for anyone who has followed the unique story of Ceaser the ape over the 2 preceding films ('Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes' and 'Dawn Of The Planet If The Apes'). Despite the title, there was more full blonm 'war' in the second half of 'Dawn', with this instalment being even more character driven perhaps than its predecessors. If (like me) you were sucked in by the previous films that define this 'reboot' of the classic franchise of the late 60's / 70's then 'War' is an extremely well imagined and satisfying conclusion to Ceaser's story, mainly concentrating on the animosity between the king of the apes and 'The Colonel', an extremely aggrieved soldier who is attempting to reclaim the planet by playing God. Although, unlike 'Dawn' it was not shot in native 3D, it was photographed using the peerless 'ARRI ALEXA 65' which was then post converted for 3D presentation framed in 2.35:1 or proper cinema-scope, where as
'Dawn' was presented in 16:9 from its native stereoscopic source file.

Despite being above average for a 3D presentation, the most spectacular audio - visual experience I was treated to on the big day was 'Dunkirk' (Dir. Christopher Nolan') I love all of this man's films and his WWII drama is possibly the best film I have seen about the conflict since Clint Eastwood's 2006 'Letters From Iwo Jima' and is arguably hos best work yet. Due to the relatively short running time for a Nolan flick (his projects usually screen between 2.5 - 3 hours) and the small amount of dialogue, this film sees the best use of the IMAX format yet since he first started to experiment with their use in drama in 2008's 'The Dark Knight'. Over 75% of the film is shot using the IMAX format and as with previous Blu - Ray releases from the director, the aspect ration effortlessly shifts from the 2.35:1 shape of the 35mm footage to the IMAX shots, which, as in 'The Dark Knight', 'The Dark Knight Rises' and 'Interstellar' are framed within the 16:9 shape of the TV. Although the IMAX footage is too tall for TV's and requires cropping at both the top and bottom, they still look better than anything I have seen in 1080p and as such is more than likely the closest that this wonderful footage will appear outside of a theatre until I can upgrade to 4K. The film itself is absolutely spectacular and the over the top description I have given of the home video transfer is to highlight how important it is to see this masterpiece in the best possible manner with regards to sound and vision. The narrative is very typical of Nolan's previous work with him again exploring time dilation to cross - cut between story elements and despite the focus on using visuals to tell the story, the enormous ensemble cast is still flawless. Perhaps Nolan's best film and an instant edition to the greatest WWII films of all time.

My favourite 3 films of the year so far?

Dunkirk
Logan
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

Now to get over to the IMAX in Telford to grab a viddy of 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays x

Despite being above average for a 3D presentation, the most spectacular audio - visual experience I was treated to on the big day was 'Dunkirk' (Dir. Christopher Nolan') I love all of this man's films and his WWII drama is possibly the best film I have seen about the conflict since Clint Eastwood's 2006 'Letters From Iwo Jima' and is arguably hos best work yet. Due to the relatively short running time for a Nolan flick (his projects usually screen between 2.5 - 3 hours) and the small amount of dialogue, this film sees the best use of the IMAX format yet since he first started to experiment with their use in drama in 2008's 'The Dark Knight'. Over 75% of the film is shot using the IMAX format and as with previous Blu - Ray releases from the director, the aspect ration effortlessly shifts from the 2.35:1 shape of the 35mm footage to the IMAX shots, which, as in 'The Dark Knight', 'The Dark Knight Rises' and 'Interstellar' are framed within the 16:9 shape of the TV. Although the IMAX footage is too tall for TV's and requires cropping at both the top and bottom, they still look better than anything I have seen in 1080p and as such is more than likely the closest that this wonderful footage will appear outside of a theatre until I can upgrade to 4K. The film itself is absolutely spectacular and the over the top description I have given of the home video transfer is to highlight how important it is to see this masterpiece in the best possible manner with regards to sound and vision. The narrative is very typical of Nolan's previous work with him again exploring time dilation to cross - cut between story elements and despite the focus on using visuals to tell the story, the enormous ensemble cast is still flawless. Perhaps Nolan's best film and an instant edition to the greatest WWII films of all time.

wow, that's quite an endorsement o_o I'll have to put it on my to-see list, I've been skeptical about it so far since Nolan doesn't really make me think war film but on the other hand, neither did Eastwood. you must be a 20th century history buff if you've seen Sands of Iwo Jima ... ?

Actually my entertainment regimen lately is Less Exciting : I've been accessing via YouTube, old movies , documentaries & stuff like Lifetime n Hallmark made for t.v. movies.

Yeah. I'm a Dork.

Ain't no WAY you been watchin the shit I been watchin.....
Hallmark holiday movies???

Do we need to move to an "admit something embarrassing " thread?
Hee hee

No hallmark lol, just about anything semi interesting

I saw a good one.... God what was it called? It was Christmas themed. Had Gary Sinise. . . . Was made in 2003 I think. YouTube

He was the son of a property caretaker...comes home to finish the dad's jobs after the dad passed away.

I have no clue, but Gary sinise is a hell of an actor.

Yeah I mean just use YouTube search bar. It was real good. Men would like it too . It's not a chick flick