• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

N&SADD Social V1 - One step forwards, 2 steps back

I see it as a Sampling.
Think of allllll the tens / hundreds of thousands Lost to substance abuse who are NOT represented there

I pray (I'm a Jesus fan) alot for all the sick & the suffering
But I also spend a decent amount of time just praying for those who are in Active Addiction, for their families, friends....basically all who are affected by addiction.

I see it as a Sampling.

Absolutely. You can see the butterfly effect just by looking at the statistics as to who is currently browsing this forum. There are 15 guests per registered user browsing at present and that is low. In here, with the registered traffic so low the ratio is usually higher 1:33 / 1:50 and upwards.

Still cannot sleep, so after another mg of clonazepam and a mg of the alprazolam tablets I treated myself to for the holiday season, I cracked and bought 3 bags of dope.

Fired the first, just smoking the second with joint to compliment. This patheticness is demonstrative of my basic routine when I find it difficult to live with what a loser I am.

On a lighter note at least its all good untill something blows my high. 'm complimenting the twist with a fantastic video produced by the BBC of Sasha, playing live @ The Warehouse Project in Manchester a couple of years back, done on behalf of Radio 1.

Ayo, real talk, keep that sober shit up guys. Peep my post history. I was an A-1 junky. Got sober in October of 2014. Was an IV opiate addiction for 10 years. Been off opiates for 3 years. Went 2 years stone cold sober. Smoke weed still. Slipped up on alcohol last year. Will be a year in January sober from that. Slipped up for a week or two this past February on Xanax. Haven't touched it since. Just weed and shrooms these days.

Anywho, I'm bored as fuck at work and wanted to troll some folks but lost the spirit when I saw the social.

Good day to you fine people and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.

A shiny brand new social thread? Neat. So... Hello everyone.

There has been a few signs of life here in NSADD over the last couple of days. Here's hoping it continues. And a warm thank you to steewith2ees for the help.

Hello mdpv. Yeah I think the Narcan is trying to kick in for this forum

Ain't nothin wrong with a wee bit of sober talk.

As for me: I spent the afternoon shopping with a friend who was on a Quest for a certain item for his little granddaughter. Finally found it in the 3rd town we travelled to. Got to have Pizza Hut for lunch. Poor guy working solo in the restaurant was quite obviously overwhelmed. We left a generous tip. Hope that boosted his spirits.

I'm excited about having found a couple surprise gifts for my spouse. Tomorrow == laundry day n helping a friend replace brakes on a truck. Sunday Funday to relax n bake pies for Monday. ON Monday my husband n i will go to my brother's for dinner games presents etc n spending time with the young kids in the family. We have a 12 year old , 3 year old n a 6-month old for youngsters on my brother's side. They're sweet n so much fun.

My Holiday with my kids is slated for mid January when everyone has a free weekend in their schedules. That's my "real" Christmas. When I'm with my kids.

Who else has fun stuff planned for the Christmas holiday??

Not me lol. I'm gonna hermit up, and become a shut in

Apparently I have to work more than I was expecting over the next two weeks. Grrrr...

When I'm not working, I will be either spending time with family, watching Netflix, reading or working on my car.

I'm waiting on my drug test to come back so I can start work. I know it's clear

Yaaaaaay for clean pee !!

Sorry mdpv--- does working the holiday season entail any extra Pay ? I mean that might be a reason to not hate it as much .... cha-CHING $$$

I'm sitting here like a goddam cry baby. I dug around on YouTube a couple days back n found some made for t.v. specials in the late 60s ; they'd adapted some Truman Capote stories. Some were even narrated by Capote himself. VERY sweet.
Then tonight I dug deeper n located an apparent hallmark production from 1997. Okay (it stars patty duke & Eric .... crap I have already forgotten his name.he was the boy from Disney's The Santa Claus....) anyway I watched this knowing quite well the story n the fate which followed for a young Capote.....but THIS adaptation had me bawling my eyes out in the end. It's very well done.

Eric....Eric
Dammit
Anyway just Google it if you wanna cry. The earlier productions from the 60s of A Christmas Memory & The Thanksgiving Visitor *those narrated by Capote are EXCELLENT ! less emotional very true to the written word and well played. 1967 I believe. Just Fucking excellent.

Thanks for the continuing words of support folks - MDPV - it's really good to see you in here as I have followed your posts here and there for a number of years now and as one of the more long standing members I imagine that you have as clear a picture as possible as to how much potential this forum has.

Good luck with the new job bptubbs and please keep posting Runningfox - as soon as I have something relevant to share I will.

Oh I never have anything relevant. I just ramble.
Today is laundry day. I have no interest in partaking except that I would like clean pants for Christmas day. So I must. ~~ ugh~~

Not much other news except my apartment was cold when I got up. Apparently the heat didn't run overnight as it's way down like 61 degrees in here. Brrrrrrr
I turned up the thermostat; it'll run when it runs.

I'm aggravated at not being able to locate copywrited materials online. (For God sakes everything else is available! ) we'll see what the day brings.

Cheers.

Lol I just realized it was the 23rd like 2 minutes ago

Right, I finally get to meet my new stepbrother lol. He's coming home for Christmas from oregon, or Washington. Can't remember which

Yeah the 24th sure came outta nowhere. I seem to remember toasting to the new year of 2017 what feels like just a few weeks ago... Sigh

Laundry Day huh? Suppose I should do the same. Washing machine broke down though so I've been doing the washing in the bathtub. No fun.

Runningfox: no, no overtime or holiday pay. I'm salaried, so I get paid the same no matter what. Kinda sucks but I knew what I was getting myself into when I accepted the job.

Hope your heater is working and not broken. Mine occasionally decides to shut off, luckily I just need to reset the thermostat and all is good. Always seems to shut off at night when it's especially chilly...

Steewith2ees: yes, I think there is potential. Maybe we just need a new slogan: "Make NSADD great again". Lol.

It's already GGGGGGGGRRRREAT. (Cue Tony the tiger with the big orange n white 'finger' in the air).

Tubbs : oooohhhh a new family member . I hope for your sake he don't bring any illicit "treats" home. Maybe he's a Square like me. Yay.

Mdpv : salaried position huh.... you have my condolences. Yeah the heat never ticked on
.... but we have a large south facing picture window so being a sunny day it warned up fine in here. I dunno; the landlord's yammered something bout putting the boiler on a timer, so ppl can't just be gluttons n their heat all day. Maybe it's just not "the time".

Who knows.if it gets nasty cold ppl will call the big guy n complain. I won't need to.

So my poor daughter has the holiday blues. For good reason as a Dear friend of hers has died n now she's worried what will become of the lady's daughter. The lady's funeral I presume was today. Heavy hearts there in northern Iowa. That poor young girl to lose a mom (her only real parent so young ... a blood clot hit the heart. It all happened in one night. )

So I have extra prayers going up for that community n my kids , who knew n loved this lady. What an awful time of year for Death to grab a beloved person n snatch them away from those who loved n needed them.
I reassured my daughter that love does not end simply because a life ends and love is theeeee one n only thing that's stronger than death. She's freakin out; how will she ever survive losing me one day? Of course I stated the platitudes : that's a long way off.... ya dont have to worry bout me.....

But the main thing is that we (our family) just have to rely on faith that God has his reasons n that we may never ever know what those are. Love your ppl well, while they're here. That's the lesson.

In other news: making last minute runs to the grocery store n yes doing the dreaded laundry here at the apt. There's a coin-run pair of machines in the lower level of our building. I'm just doing a couple emergency loads. Did NOT feel like camping out at the laundromat uptown today. My husband is helping a buddy get his truck n plow he bought, home n ready for Whatever winter has in store.

Good times. Only sad kinda.

Lol he owns a headshop/dispensary. So he's a legal pot dealer. Not tempted by pot at all

Oh the new brother?
That's cool I guess.

It would be so cool to have a new sibling you just meet in adulthood. I never held out any hope of my Pa remarrying tho he lived 17 years after our mom.passed away. It's just he was such a Difficult person I was pretty sure no woman would wanna be his wife n for the life of me I dunno how mom managed to put up with being his wife for the.... 36 years she was.

Jesus that's odd; I just tried picturing myself married to my husband for 36 years. ......I'll be 66 years old by that time. Yikes