• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Have you seen a person or animal that has past away ?

yompf

Bluelighter
Just curious if anyone wants to share an experience they may of had. I've heard stories friends of mine talk about, where they saw their mom after she died , and she spoke to them. Or another loved one.
Or animal friends who come to visit after they pass away...
My dog visits me , but I have not actually seen him yet. I have felt him laying against my legs though. I have felt him in many ways...
Has anyone been visited by a loved one after they have passed ?

I have really vivid dreams of my best friend sometimes, he od'd years ago

My son, right after he passed. He was dancing on his roof like a Chagall painting laughing at the cops in his apartment. I also distinctly saw his ethereal self cross the room, lift up my ankles where I was lying on the couch crying and sit down, putting my ankles back across his lap and giving them a reassuring pat as if to say, I'm OK, mom, and you'll be OK, too. The funny thing is that my mind still wants to dismiss those two experiences. They are both comforting memories and they were comforting at the time so I'll just let them live outside of belief.

I also frequently feel one of my cats in particular--no visual, just a presence.

My son, right after he passed. He was dancing on his roof like a Chagall painting laughing at the cops in his apartment. I also distinctly saw his ethereal self cross the room, lift up my ankles where I was lying on the couch crying and sit down, putting my ankles back across his lap and giving them a reassuring pat as if to say, I'm OK, mom, and you'll be OK, too. The funny thing is that my mind still wants to dismiss those two experiences. They are both comforting memories and they were comforting at the time so I'll just let them live outside of belief.

I also frequently feel one of my cats in particular--no visual, just a presence.
I felt my dog today. No visuals.
Hey herb , how come you said outside of belief? Do you mean because you don't believe in stuff like that?
herbavore , how did your son pass away ? I've seen some of your posts , i know it happened . It's very sad . I've wondered how though.. what happened .

A good friend died of leukemia when I was 16. I didn't go to her funeral. I was just... so numb. One evening I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and she appeared near me. She was appearing in a way that my third eye was seeing, but I dismissed it as my imagination. She finally got insistent and loud, which made me look directly at her. She told me to pass some info along to her parents, including details about how to find certain things in her bedroom that her parents needed to see (like her diary, and other items). Her parents had until then not touched the bedroom. They ended up leaving her room exactly as she left it for 5+ years after her death, so they could visit her in there. Anyway, all the items were exactly where she said they'd be, but it took me weeks to have the courage to contact her parents. Even then, I asked my mom to do it because I was too nervous. The findings led her parents on a trip to Europe to visit one of her favourite vacation spots, where they found photos of their family at a local church they had visited 10 years prior. They said time away was exactly what they needed to heal and they ended up finding clues of their daughter everywhere, it was very sweet.

Another time which was more mundane, my friend and I were driving down the highway between townships in the middle of the night from visiting another friend of ours. It was a typical spring night out, so we didn't think much of a woman dressed in all white on the side of the road walking along the highway, even if it was kind of far from civilization. People did that sometimes with their dogs. The only thing is that we both noticed that she had no feet, it was like she was floating off the ground. Her dress also looked really old school... think 1930's. We drove another half a mile while we debated what we just saw, until we turned around and drove back but she was gone. No nature trails or townships anywhere near there, so she either went into the underbrush in a ditch or she really was some kind of ghost.

I have many stories like this... not to mention I grew up in a haunted house. I never get used to it happening no matter how many times it happens, but it sure keeps life interesting.

I felt my dog today. No visuals.
Hey herb , how come you said outside of belief? Do you mean because you don't believe in stuff like that?
herbavore , how did your son pass away ? I've seen some of your posts , i know it happened . It's very sad . I've wondered how though.. what happened .

My son died of an overdose--passively intentional, determinedly intentional or completely accidental, I will never know. Many theories, many fears, many hopes, many questions but no answers. But this is where 6 years of grief will take you: those questions do not matter anymore, if they ever did. There is one reality in grief and that is the ache of the absence, the missing. Nothing else turns out to have much substance--just the love commensurate with the hurt. You can read a lot about my son here. Sometimes I pretend to talk to him there.

Anyway, the reason I said "outside of belief" is that I never know whether my mind is making up something to comfort me or whether something is actually being perceived by my mind and the feeling of comfort is from a n unseen source outside of me.

^ that's really sad herb .... He must of been a really cool kid. I just feel very sad right now. For you , and everyone who knew him and loved him .
I wish I could say something to you , in regards to the experiences you've had , of seeing him and feeling him pat your ankles and reassure you... I just wish I could say something to you that would let you know that these experiences are real... Idk what it would mean to you. I just know these things to be real myself. Much love herbavore . Much love to you indeed . Thank you for sharing that .

I have really vivid dreams of my best friend sometimes, he od'd years ago
Sorry about your friend bptubbs.... I've heard spirits like to visit us in our dreams. Did he ever tell you any important info or offer you any advice?

No, but we hung out like we used to, one of the few things that give me comfort.

A good friend died of leukemia when I was 16. I didn't go to her funeral. I was just... so numb. One evening I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and she appeared near me. She was appearing in a way that my third eye was seeing, but I dismissed it as my imagination. She finally got insistent and loud, which made me look directly at her. She told me to pass some info along to her parents, including details about how to find certain things in her bedroom that her parents needed to see (like her diary, and other items). Her parents had until then not touched the bedroom. They ended up leaving her room exactly as she left it for 5+ years after her death, so they could visit her in there. Anyway, all the items were exactly where she said they'd be, but it took me weeks to have the courage to contact her parents. Even then, I asked my mom to do it because I was too nervous. The findings led her parents on a trip to Europe to visit one of her favourite vacation spots, where they found photos of their family at a local church they had visited 10 years prior. They said time away was exactly what they needed to heal and they ended up finding clues of their daughter everywhere, it was very sweet.

Another time which was more mundane, my friend and I were driving down the highway between townships in the middle of the night from visiting another friend of ours. It was a typical spring night out, so we didn't think much of a woman dressed in all white on the side of the road walking along the highway, even if it was kind of far from civilization. People did that sometimes with their dogs. The only thing is that we both noticed that she had no feet, it was like she was floating off the ground. Her dress also looked really old school... think 1930's. We drove another half a mile while we debated what we just saw, until we turned around and drove back but she was gone. No nature trails or townships anywhere near there, so she either went into the underbrush in a ditch or she really was some kind of ghost.

I have many stories like this... not to mention I grew up in a haunted house. I never get used to it happening no matter how many times it happens, but it sure keeps life interesting.
Are you one of those people who see or feel your past pets regularly @ foreigner?
BTW , you have an amazing story. I believe it 100% . It's like TV worthy . Ya know those cheesy shows about ghosts and what not .
Lol I'm sure these things happen more often then not but still.
I guess those of us who are open enough , have to learn to .. well I guess be comfortable with our openness.
I don't have many stories besides a few.
I wonder with your haunted house b, did you , um... Well what did you do ? We're you just a child?
Was it the typical doors closing , seeing a presence , weird unexplainable sounds and ...terror ? Did you have brothers and sisters ? Did u ever research later how old the home was?

When I say what did you do ? I mean, did your family call in religious folk or anything? How did you cope? With the home u grew up in ? I'm curious
. I spoke to a family in my area who had a classic haunting . The kids spoke to a young boy and a dog... Lots of fear. Doors closing etc.
Very old house. Used to be owned by railroad company or something...

I have a good friend who ODd a handful of months ago. She had been descending into mental illness for a while before and she was incredibly difficult to be around. I was often very angry at her. She died very suddenly and unexpectedly and I didn't have a chance to say goodbye and our last interaction was not great. I was having a difficult time dealing with it, I had a combination of grief and anger towards her after she died. During a smoked tryptamine experience recently, with my eyes closed, I had an experience where she came to me, as she was from before her descent. I was able to give her a hug and apologize to her for not being there for her more, or earlier. I got to remember her laugh and her warm kindness and how great she used to be. It really helped me to let go and be in more peace about it, and it totally dispelled the anger. I believe it was just in my mind, yet it was still an extremely powerful and vivid experience.

I have also heard stories of people being visited by loved ones when they died, before knowing they died. And things like that. I don't discount the possibility, I just haven't experienced it. Unless I did, with my friend, and I just decided to believe it was all in my head. :)

Are you one of those people who see or feel your past pets regularly @ foreigner?
BTW , you have an amazing story. I believe it 100% . It's like TV worthy . Ya know those cheesy shows about ghosts and what not .
Lol I'm sure these things happen more often then not but still.
I guess those of us who are open enough , have to learn to .. well I guess be comfortable with our openness.
I don't have many stories besides a few.
I wonder with your haunted house b, did you , um... Well what did you do ? We're you just a child?
Was it the typical doors closing , seeing a presence , weird unexplainable sounds and ...terror ? Did you have brothers and sisters ? Did u ever research later how old the home was?

I developed a sensitivity for dead people because of growing up in a haunted house. It's hard to describe with words but I have a sixth sense when someone dead is around. All the hairs on my arms stand on end and I get goosebumps.

My parents bought our family house from the children of the original owners who built it. The father had a heart attack at the top of the stairs leading to the top floor and then fell down the stairs, dead. Everyone who ever visited my house regularly would fall down the stairs... either minorly or majorly. My mom fell down the stairs while pregnant with me, and then while I was in her arms. Same with my sister. All my aunts, uncles and cousins did too. Even the dog and cat would fall down. A good friend broke his arm when he fell. My parents did the obvious things like install grip carpet and hand rails, but it would still happen. There was no logical reason for the falls. The stairs weren't narrow or precarious. The stairs going down into the basement were way more precarious but nobody ever fell on those. Nobody ever died from falling but it was still fucked up. My sister and I agreed that on several occasions when we fell it felt like we were either pushed or that our feet lifted slightly off the ground, almost like we were on an air hockey table. So weird.

Footsteps, doors creeking and shutting, walls scratching... all semi-regular manifestations. The creepiest though was when I'd wake up as a kid thinking my mom or dad were in the room but there was a presence at the foot of my bed. It was never harmful, just creepy as fuck. My mom is Catholic so she didn't want to accept what was happening. When we discovered a family of raccoons living in the attic she used that to explain the wall scratching, but even after the raccoons got evicted the scratching still happened. It was always in the walls beside us, not above us. No rats or mice either. Sometimes it would get so loud my sister would yell "WOULD YOU JUST SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY??" and then it would stop and not return to for weeks. We nick named the ghost Bob and whenever February rolled around the scratching would get 10 times worse so we would joke that it was Bob's birthday. My mom was NOT amused.

Now when I walk into haunted houses it's just so obvious. I can practically smell it. My sense is that Bob mostly did not know he was dead because a lot of the noises in the house seemed like someone just going about their daily business. And the stairs thing was probably him reliving what happened to him. The scratching though, I'm not sure about.

I've had dead friends visit me from the other side twice in my life, in dreams. I haven't decided whether it was for real or just part of a dream. One happened many years ago, when I was about 24 and a friend who had died in a car crash a couple of years earlier showed up in a dream. She told me the things that you always hear about people who visit from the grave--that she was in a better place (she'd been in an abusive relationship and was very unhappy shortly before her death) and that death was not discontinuation, although she didn't tell me what, exactly, it was. I believe that visitation was real.

I had a best friend overdose about 20 years ago, just before I got sober the second time. I'd been hoping for a visit from her for years to no avail. Then, a couple of weeks ago, close to the anniversary of her death, she was in a pretty vivid dream. But she said some pretty harsh shit that just didn't sound like what she normally said. So I don't really want to believe that was for real. Especially because she wouldn't answer my question about whether her death was an accident or a suicide, and then in the conversation she looked at me and said, "You know, I never really was your friend. I really didn't like you." and then wouldn't respond when asked what she meant. It just didn't think like something she would say at all, so I tend not to believe in that; think it was just a weird dream.

I feel the comfort of my dog . It seems he mostly comes around when I'm in trouble or when I really need help . His love is all around me atm. Helping me to stay strong , and faithful , in a difficult time I'm freaking going through .
Faithful that I will work it out , and be ok... He's a good boy . Lol . I miss him.

OK, this is weird! I have tried four times to post a reply to this thread over the past three days but it won't let me. It keeps telling me I have to log in even though I'm logged in! Haven't had that happen before except for here, hmmmmm! So, I'll try a very brief reply without the details of my experiences and see what happens!

Yes, my dogs have all come back to me.

As for Foreigner's account of the woman with no feet, I've had very similar.

Last edited:
I dream about my dead father frequently. Not sure if he's actually coming to me though. He had this weird quirk, when he himself would dream about a dead person it would rain the following day, and the more the person talked in the dream, the harder it would rain. Bizarre.

I can't say I've ever seen a spirit, but when one is around I can feel it. I don't know how to describe it. It's just overwhelmingly unsettling. There's no physical sensations.

OK, this is weird! I have tried four times to post a reply to this thread over the past three days but it won't let me. It keeps telling me I have to log in even though I'm logged in! Haven't had that happen before except for here, hmmmmm! So, I'll try a very brief reply without the details of my experiences and see what happens!

Yes, my dogs have all come back to me.

As for Foreigner's account of the woman with no feet, I've had very similar.
Your dogs ? That's sweet . How did you experience them? How long after they passed?
Um... Ya that's pretty creepy about the lady with no feet.

My favorite dog Ki used to show up in dreams where I was lost or scared and lead me away from problems. Really he did. I haven't seen him in a dream for about 10 years now. I miss that guy. He was an amazing friend who hiked all over the high desert with me for 11 years.