• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health How do I tell if I need antipsychotic

treezy z

Bluelighter
I'm prescribed abilify which I never take, I take 50mg of seroquel most nights.

Today all the stress I'm dealing with with money and pain from a badly hurt shoulder had me bugged out. I put my elbow threw a window while screaming at someone ("fuck your window motherfucker" or something like that), broke some other shit and now it's 4am no hope of sleep. My thoughts are racing but I just don't feel psychotic. I'm not particularly hearing voices or anything, my beliefs would always be labeled delusional by squares (Santa is Satan in disguise for example. I'm not going to type the whole theory out, but think about it. Look at the damn letters to start with.)

I just feel like I'm going to meltdown but I've never really believed I'm full blown schizoaffective. How can I tell if the abilify would help?

I'm bipolar and I have no psychotic tendencies but some of my meds are actually anti-psychotics and they work on my mood swings.

Seroquel is also an antipsychotic. I too am bipolar, with heavy psychotic tendencies during manic episodes. Seroquel kinda quelled those

I took 200mg Seroquel last night 2mg Suboxone today no longer feel ruthless.

abilify is also an anti manic/antihypomanic pill It saved my life. i can see why it is one of the best selling pills on the market.

I'm prescribed abilify which I never take, I take 50mg of seroquel most nights.

Today all the stress I'm dealing with with money and pain from a badly hurt shoulder had me bugged out. I put my elbow threw a window while screaming at someone ("fuck your window motherfucker" or something like that), broke some other shit and now it's 4am no hope of sleep. My thoughts are racing but I just don't feel psychotic. I'm not particularly hearing voices or anything, my beliefs would always be labeled delusional by squares (Santa is Satan in disguise for example. I'm not going to type the whole theory out, but think about it. Look at the damn letters to start with.)

I just feel like I'm going to meltdown but I've never really believed I'm full blown schizoaffective. How can I tell if the abilify would help?

It's hard for a person going through psychosis to actually realize it's psychosis. You usually won't know until it's way too late and you end up in a psych ward somewhere. So at least you're somewhat aware. Your behavior seems to suggest psychosis with the racing thoughts, impulsivity (you could've hurt yourself with elbow through a window) and not getting any sleep.

The sooner you see your doc, the sooner you can get this under control so you don't spiral down into a hospital. I don't know if you'd feel comfortable telling the doc you haven't been taking the abilify, but maybe it's best to come clean. Tell the doc you will take it from now on, then start on the dose that's recommended. Couldn't hurt to try. Feeling like you're having a meltdown is frightening. It's like all control is lost.

You'll get through this! Stay strong! Hopefully you will seek professional help and give Abilify a genuine try.

Treezy,
If you live like a buddist monk and can still function in life with no sex drive, no response to any other drugs, no response to anything at all or anybody beyond yes and no answers,
Then maybe its worth a punt,
I prefer the voices and the chaos,
I prefer the illness to the cure !!!!!!

Regards,

I haven’t noticed any effects for any drugs while taking Abilify as I have been taking it nearly for ten years and currently I take it as an extended release shot form.

Care to elaborate what drugs efficiency it diminishes? I know duloxetine for example diminishes most of the MDMA’s effects so I need to pause that few days before rolling.

Yes, you need it. It takes all the manic & depression out of you.

Kinda hurts your head at first but, after a while, you realize you're pretty at peace.

Eventually, you won't need it

I know that we say this a lot, but that sounds like a great question to ask of your doctor. Generally speaking, most meds can take some weeks or longer to entirely work, including ap's. If you're doing things like that, sounds to me like you need something to calm you down, medication or otherwise. It's tough.