• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Quitting weed and health issues

sanctuaryx

Greenlighter
Hello guys
8 months ago I stopped smoking weed (I smoked recreationaly from age 16 to 24, stopped for 2 years, "relapsed" a couple years back and drawned into it last year between december and april as I was stuck in bed with a broken knee - smoking basically 2-3 joints an hour)
First time I quit I had no problems. This time neither, well that was at first - first couple nights I was sweaty and couldn't sleep easily but that's about it, no cravings whatsoever, my mind was made up etc, didn't really feel any need to smoke. Then (might be a good info?) I hit my nose quite hard on the angle of a furniture (from the side) my whole body "rang" sort of but I didn't bleed or anything, didn't really feel much pain either just a light dizzyness that quickly dissipated - went to the ER which said it wasn't out of place so I didn't act on it. Started getting mild headaches few days later, and well, few issues like loss of consciousness (without falling down, you know, like youjust got hit with a hammer and don't know where the fuck you're at and can barely stand up as your head is spinning) and A TERRIBLE INCREASE in sensitivity to pain and really just whatever its like I'm frail as fuck when I wasn't at all beforehand. I blamed it on the paws at first as my global energy went down too but its been 8 months and tbh I'm more scared of having some sort of brain damage or whatever from that blow to the nose.
Do you guys believe its the paws or the blow? Is there a way I could "test" that out?
Thanks

That doesn't really sounds like cannabis WDs, acute or post-acute. Loss of consciousness sounds like it could be pretty serious, seems like something you'd want to get checked out by a medical professional. Mild headaches and loss of consciousness could be a sign of something serious.

That doesn't really sounds like cannabis WDs, acute or post-acute. Loss of consciousness sounds like it could be pretty serious, seems like something you'd want to get checked out by a medical professional. Mild headaches and loss of consciousness could be a sign of something serious.

well I know and it scares me but if it isn't due to the paws then I might just start smoking again (well recreationally but still) so its pretty tough
i have an appointment with a neuro in feb (couldnt get one earlier) so finger cross i dont have any real brain damage cause thats a long ass time to wait
anyone else had issues with their back/posture etc? i mean i have all parkinson-like symptoms, my neck started shaking and going forward down / shoulders rounding forward aswell / pain sensitivity / shakiness / sometimes losing my grip etc its weird as f. docs were like 'youre depressed lololo have some xanax' so ye f their opinion really :/

FMRI mate, try to schedule one at your nearest hospital for your head before the neuro appointment and make sure to ask for the disk afterwards. I'd try to go to an experienced ENT doc too. I was hit by a car a smashed the fuck outta my face and leg and experienced something very similar to you; turns out it was too much cerebral spinal fluid causing an over pressure in my head but I had way worse psychological problems in that period after the crash than you seem to have. That ringing of your body may have been damage to the spine due to trauma. If you have been feeling a lot much pressure in the head besides the headache, get to an ER. Obviously your still walking and talking so it's not urgent, but better safe than sorry.

It could also be a bone fragment in your sinus causing intense pain, but since you can't find the source, your body doesn't really know where it's coming from, making the whole head hurt, leading to all the other debilitating conditions you're experiencing.

The brain itself cannot sense pain and unless you have experienced some severe changes in personality, social interactions, impulse control and ambition that are not due to the pain, which can be hard to gauge, then I believe your condition is purely mechanical. Concussion symptoms are pretty instantaneous so you probably didn't hit your brain against the skull. Either way, your condition seems entirely reversible. Just get the MRI asap. $5000 is worth far less than your comfort.

Credentials: I come from a family of medical professionals and have been unofficially trained in emergency medicine, radiology, otolaryngology, and neuroscience.