L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Skinny guys dating fat girls vs skinny girls dating fat guys

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
It seems to me its mostly the bigger ladies who get lucky with dating skinny guys. Where I live I barely ever see a fat guy dating a skinny girl unless if it is some renta bride from overseas.

Would like to know more about this. Ie why don't girls want to date a fat guy yet some how think a skinny guy dating a larger women is perfectly normal.

Appreciate the feedback

very interesting topic... I'm actually one of those "skinny" guys that loves to have sex with bigger girls

idk just something about a girl with some meat and love lumps on her turns me on... i think it has something to do with them being physically larger than me which brings out my fetish/ attraction to femdom/ women taking control of me and when they are fat they are just bigger than me and its hot... see I'm getting hard just typing this

I've been told i have a great body, I'm a surfer thats my thing... yet when i used to have friends they always used to make fun of me for always giving the big girls some love... don't get me wrong i love destroying a nice tiny girl with slim body and perfect ass... but the big girls i can really thrust HARD and not hurt them

Women generally have higher standards than men when selecting a partner, for reasons that are probably partly rooted in basic biology (in that raising a child is a hard thing to do alone if they get this selection wrong) and partly rooted in how society is structured today in that as a general rule, men are still expected to take a more active role in pursuing potential partners. The end result is that women simply have more choice, and can afford to have higher standards than men.

I feel like this may be a somewhat controversial point and I don't mean to imply that people who are overweight are universally less attractive, but that said, there are somewhat universal, biologically hard-coded indicators of attractiveness which generally correlate with external indicators of good health... and being overweight is not one of these indicators, because being overweight, generally, is not healthy. I think there is another complicating factor here that is worth mentioning as well, which is that in general people who are overweight will be more likely to suffer from self esteem issues, which in turn will probably make them less attractive even to potential partners who would be able to see past their weight - because lack of confidence, to put it bluntly, is unattractive to many people - and for men this is going to be more likely to be a hindrance to them finding a partner due to the more "active" role that men are still expected to take in pursuit of partners.

Ergo, men are more likely to settle for someone who is less attractive due to being overweight, rather than remain alone, and women generally can afford to wait for someone who is more physically attractive, due to having more choice. Obviously, again, there are exceptions to every rule, I am speaking in some major generalities here. Some people genuinely do find overweight people more attractive, and some people really just don't care.

Women generally have higher standards than men when selecting a partner, for reasons that are probably partly rooted in basic biology (in that raising a child is a hard thing to do alone if they get this selection wrong) and partly rooted in how society is structured today in that as a general rule, men are still expected to take a more active role in pursuing potential partners. The end result is that women simply have more choice, and can afford to have higher standards than men.

I feel like this may be a somewhat controversial point and I don't mean to imply that people who are overweight are universally less attractive, but that said, there are somewhat universal, biologically hard-coded indicators of attractiveness which generally correlate with external indicators of good health... and being overweight is not one of these indicators, because being overweight, generally, is not healthy. I think there is another complicating factor here that is worth mentioning as well, which is that in general people who are overweight will be more likely to suffer from self esteem issues, which in turn will probably make them less attractive even to potential partners who would be able to see past their weight - because lack of confidence, to put it bluntly, is unattractive to many people - and for men this is going to be more likely to be a hindrance to them finding a partner due to the more "active" role that men are still expected to take in pursuit of partners.

Ergo, men are more likely to settle for someone who is less attractive due to being overweight, rather than remain alone, and women generally can afford to wait for someone who is more physically attractive, due to having more choice. Obviously, again, there are exceptions to every rule, I am speaking in some major generalities here. Some people genuinely do find overweight people more attractive, and some people really just don't care.

Yip, I agree with this. It's pretty much what I was thinking, and imo a generally accurate summary.

I also think, as a general rule, women can get away with being slightly overweight; without meaning to sound too clinical, they can lose less value than a man of equivalent looks and weight. Some women can be 'curvy' and still attractive - whereas it just doesn't work as well in a man. Generally speaking, of course.

There's a lot more skinny guys than skinny girls these days. So the OPs scenario is how it would make sense for it to work.

There's a lot more skinny guys than skinny girls these days. So the OPs scenario is how it would make sense for it to work.

It seems that way. Can't stand these guys into their skinny jeans. They obsess more about their weight than women do.

My b/f is very thin. He loves the fact that I have meat on my bones so I don't know...

What was the question again? lol

I used to watch My Big Redneck Wedding and it was always some scrawny dude with a woman like 3 times his size. Very interesting.

Skinny guys phat bitchs are icky. I often see bigger guys getting pussy more then skinny guys. Of course the two would mix

To each his own. It's a matter of personal preference in many cases. My boyfriend certainly isn't "settling" because I have a few extra pounds. I'm not "less attractive" at all. He is obsessed with my body and I'm his dream girl because I'm not some stick figure.

Skinny doesn't automatically = pretty or handsome

When I look for a guy, I don't have a body type in mind at all. Personality means a whole lot more to me. With that said, I wouldn't go for someone morbidly obese. I would worry about his health too much.

Last edited:
It's all a matter of personal preference and you're also just seeing small moments of their relationship. Maybe he gained weight at some point due to stress or illness or maybe she did. Most people won't bolt for the door if their significant other gains or drops some lbs.

Sorry, but it's not ALL a matter of personal preference, if it was then we would be seeing a whole lot more variation in what kinds of body types are consistently considered more attractive by the majority of people... and skinny may not always equal pretty or handsome, but in the eyes of the majority it does equal pretty or handsome more often than "chubby".

The majority of people do consider body types which correlate with, youth, vitality and health to be more attractive than those that correlate with old age and poor health. While age is not necessarily relevant to external body weight, health very often is, even in those who have just "a few extra pounds". When I speak of health here also I'm not just talking about the sort of health that people can control, because genetic health and traits such as facial symmetry and not having any obvious deformities are also more attractive to the majority of people. I'm also not saying that anyone with a few extra pounds has committed some kind of moral or social failure by not managing or even trying to lose that weight, "attractiveness to the majority" isn't the most important thing in life, there are various reasons that someone's weight might increase above the relatively low line of what is optimal for health and longevity, and various reasons why it might not be worth the effort of trying to counter this.

CoastTwoCoast said:
My boyfriend certainly isn't "settling" because I have a few extra pounds.
I wouldn't dream of suggesting that he is, I don't know either of you and I don't know your relationship.

I do believe however that a reality check is needed for those who think that weight or, as mentioned, even external indicators of attractiveness that are totally outside their control play no role whatsoever in the sort of person they attract, or indeed, as you say, in the sort of person that you are attracted to. You say that personality means a whole lot more to you, and I don't dispute that is the case, BUT I do think it is highly likely that there are people that you have written off before fully getting to know them, OR given more of a chance to reveal more of their personality to you, based on external indicators of what you find attractive.

There are multiple studies suggesting that people's prejudice towards certain "undesirable" physical traits influences their perception of a person before they've even spoken a single word to each other, and a lot of this prejudice is largely instinctual and beyond our control. I think anyone, if they are being totally honest with themselves, would admit that they do judge people by appearance, to some extent, even if they have the self-awareness to try to suppress this instinctual reaction in themselves.

Given that this is the case it stands to reason that over a large enough sample size some of these innate biological prejudices would start to come through, and I think this is demonstrated in human society at large. Even though the standards of attractiveness and beauty currently being pushed by the media have been distorted to absurd and harmful extremes, leading to a proliferation of eating disorders, size zero models, steroid abuse, and other objectively harmful results... the possibility remains, even if it may be a somewhat uncomfortable one, that they tended this way rather than the other way (towards absurdly plus size models, and eating disorders based around overeating, for example) because of biologically hard-coded preferences in human beings, which generally lean away from the weightier end of the scale (excuse the unintended and bad pun).

Anyway, (just to relate this back to the OP...) for the majority of people, because of the above mentioned hard coded prejudices that people hold, I think that it stands to reason that those who are overweight will be given less of a chance to reveal their personality to a potential partner.

Therefore, even we if take all other factors out of the equation (except for the, I think, almost indisputable fact that women generally have more options) there will be more overweight women ending up with less overweight men, than there are overweight men ending up with less overweight women. This doesn't necessarily say anything about any specific couple's relationship except as far as they make up a single datapoint in a statistical trend, BUT it is an (almost) indisputable statistical fact.

...one final point also, as I feel someone is likely to mention that in certain historical societies, being overweight or even "fat" was actually seen as MORE attractive - it's not actually relevant to this argument where the prejudice comes from, whether it comes from biology or from other undetermined factors in popular culture. All that matters is that there IS a prevailing prejudice, and that this influences partner selection in human society at large.

I should note also that I don't actually know for a fact that this trend does go the way it's presumed to go, as in, in heterosexual couplings, it happens more often that the woman is larger than the other way around. I'm not sure if there is any real data to support this theory either way, but I do think it is a reasonable possibility based on the other points I've raised... and if there was a prevailing cultural perception that being overweight was more attractive than not being overweight, I would expect this trend to be reversed.

Last edited:
There are prejudices for sure, whether it is based simply on the color of someone's skin or weight. The people who are not attracted to me are not my problem. They can get out of my way. That means they are not meant for me anyway.

I do find certain people more aesthetically pleasing, sure. We can go on and on about this, but really it boils down to beauty being in the eye of the beholder. I couldn't care less about what the "majority" likes.

People can call you beautiful your whole life, but if you don't believe it, it won't matter. So I guess I'm at a point in my life where I believe it now. It takes good self-talk and building up confidence. It comes from the inside.

The media is so racist, it's sickening. If you look to the media always trying to make people feel inferior because of weight or skin color, then you will be truly lost.

There are so many factors other than looks.

I am healthy and exercise, it's just that my weight fluctuates sometimes. So what. Haha I don't know. I guess I just don't care because there is always someone attracted to me anyway.

Even the most gorgeous or handsome person in the world will have people who are not attracted to them for some reason. Just be the best version of yourself and someone will want you, if not, they can kick rocks.