• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Salutations

Naomi Neu

Greenlighter
Long time lurker, first time member. 36f, no addictions, some proclivities. Been around the block, now looking to chill and enjoy more of what life has to offer.

Hey Naomi, great to have you here at Bluelight, and welcome from us all :)

What kind of drugs have you enjoyed before?

Hope to see you posting around the forums,
CFC

Hey Naomi, great to have you here at Bluelight, and welcome from us all :)

What kind of drugs have you enjoyed before?

Hope to see you posting around the forums,
CFC

Thanks CFC - is your username anything to do with Midgely's lethal carbons? From seeing your posts, you're a lot better for the environment!

I'm a regular cannabis user, aside from weed, I've pretty much given up on street drugs. I've come to realise that alcohol is the most lethal drug on earth. MDMA and I had a nice thing going for a while but it's pretty much over between us now. That said, I'm quite interested in the research going into microdosing MDMA and LSD to treat PTSD and other mood disorders. I'm also hoping to use the forums to find out more information about certain 'fabric softener'-style drugs, the ones that take the edge off a personality that is too big for one person. Appreciate any steering towards threads of interest!

Ha, yes, you'll find me polluting from the back of old fridge compressors :D

Yeah microdosing is a really interesting subject. I've seen quite a few megathreads on microdosing various compounds around the forums (obviously LSD but also others). Not sure what you mean by fabric softener type drugs though - RCs? When you say your personality is too big, what do you mean - it doesn't sound like something you'd want to suppress?

By "fabric softener" I don't mean RCs as such, though I know quite little in that regard - I've always been really careful about what I take and if I don't recognise the substance or my friends haven't used it before, I say no. I'm very slight and wary of accidental overdose. I'd be more into finding the right prescription drug that can help knock the edges off my personality - I am extroverted, talkative, friendly, confident and uninhibited, and tbh I tend to piss people off pretty easily because I come across like a show-off or arrogant. It's like ADHD except it's not: just a huge personality. It clashes badly with cocaine, which I avoid like the plague, while MDMA is embarrassing as hell cos the amount of shitetalk I come out with is cringeworthy - it does not chill me at all.
I'm sure there must be something out there that can help slow me down and soften my high so I just shut up and chill out a bit but so far, I haven't found it. My benzo tolerance is pretty high so I'd be eating 10mg Valium by the handful and having gone through withdrawl twice, it's not really a drug I have that much interest in. My last blowout, I took 3mg Xanax spaced across an 8 pack of beers and didn't feel a damn thing. Klonopin, Dalmane, etc - nada. I've hitched my wagon to a fair few prescription drugs in search of the effect I'm looking for: Oxy, cold-filtered codeine, Lyrica, Tramadol - none seem to be much use. I guess some modern version of qaaludes or something, but safe and still on a functioning level. I don't want to get knocked out, just a little Comfort, a little softer.

Ah ok, I get you. I mean, you could always just ignore what other people think of you, since it doesn't look like you're trying to do them any harm :)

Other than that, have you ever tried phenibut or baclofen to calm and try to level you out a little?

Ah ok, I get you. I mean, you could always just ignore what other people think of you, since it doesn't look like you're trying to do them any harm :)

I don't really care when it's just people but it gets a bit much having people giving out to me all the time, losing friends over stupid stuff like talking too much or being considered crazy. My mother was exactly the same so it's just a personality trait but I exhaust myself with having too much energy and a brain that is constantly on the go.

I was recommended phenibut by a friend recently as it happens. Was just a little wary of ordering online due to having had orders seized by customs in the past (I'm in Ireland).

Did you ever speak to any talking services/counselors/therapists etc about your personality issues?

I know Eire had a 2010 law on psychoactive substances, but I'm not certain about phenibut's legal status there. In the UK and NI, it became controlled after the new 2016 Act (though still legal to possess for personal use).

Your best bet is probably to post in European & African Drug Discussion where they may have more precise knowledge on the legal status in Ireland.

Take care!
CFC

Yep, been in counselling for personal issues and the advice has always been the same when I mentioned the clashy personality - "who cares what other people think?" So it's pretty much down to me to either live with it or change. After reading up on Baclofen, it sounds very promising. I see a psychiatrist regularly for BPD/PTSD-related issues (which is where I get my benzos/Lyrica prescriptions) and the Doc is quite a progressive-minded type so I might run the idea past him when I have my next appointment in January.

Thanks so much for your pointers, appreciate it. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Forgive my ignorance but is there a way to tell if there have been replies to forum threads on which a person comments? Cheers.

Hi Naomi,

Yes, there is, though you need to be in desktop mode to do it.

Near the top of the screen (below the 'Research' tab) you should see a Forum Actions drop down menu

Select General settings.

Then scroll down to Messaging and Notification

In there, you should see an option called 'Default Thread Subscription Mode', which will send you an email every time someone replies to a thread you've posted in.

Further down the Messaging and Notification screen, you'll also see 'Quote Notification', where you can receive an email or PM every time someone quotes something you wrote.

Once done, make sure you Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.

Together, that should hopefully pretty much cover you for everything :)