• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

So you want to know about me eh? Hrm........

SeizeTheDay311

Greenlighter
Well hello all! My name is Jenn, my old school raver name is Meeko ;) I live in Colorado and I've been in the rave scene since I was 15. I'm about to turn 34. I'm old. lol! I have a daughter that is 14 and she is totally kickass. Well, we are both literally kick-ass... we are high brown belts in Tang Soo Do! ;) ;) We are both geeky nerds... I am a geek that has her major in English/Secondary Education. I can't teach right now though. 2.5 years ago I was in a car accident that really was really quite minor... but my airbag did not deploy and I hit my head. I dont remember the wreck at all, I just "came to" and my daughter was screaming. She was fine though, just scared! But a week later I started having absence seizures and I haven't driven since. My seizures have gotten worse since then and due to that... due to not responding to medication.... I will be having brain surgery to have a device (the RNS) placed into my brain that will help stop my seizures and allow for me to have a better life. Epilepsy sucks! But devices like this are so cool and show the amazing technology that we have that can save lives. But I love going out and dancing still, Im glad I don't seize due to flashing lights so I can go out and listen to my favorite music live still! But I haven't gone out in ages... I turned into a depressive hermit for a long time but Im finally feeling better.

So. Yeah. Thats me! Any questions? lol

Glad to hear your feeling better, welcome to bluelight. Absence seizures are a scary thing, my adoptive sister has epilepsy.

Thanks for the welcome! Sorry about your sister.... I hope she doesnt seize too often! Epilepsy is a real bitch for sure :(

She hasn't had too much trouble with it in the last few years. Happily she responds well to medication.