• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Codeine wd

Steva1986

Greenlighter
Is it normal to still feel below par 1 month after a 5 year codeine addiction i was taken roughly 600 mg daily i am now 35 days clean but still not feeling too good tired and below par in general

Welcome to BL! On your second post you mentioned you used 900 mg.

Anyway, I have answered you there.

Welcome to bluelight. Yes, it is very normal. I'd say things would generally improve over weeks to months, but you may also experience a setback in general wellbeing (because you've been taking drugs for five years tends to = unhealthy lifestyle and prior issues), and also PAWs can last for quite a long time.

I have done a bit of research and i believe i am experiencing paws i felt great 2nd and 3rd week then back to feeling un motivated and so tired thanks for response tranced much appreciated

^If you felt great on the second and third week then the thing to remember about PAWS is that they pass, quite quickly usually.

Hi trancedd do you have a rough idea as to how long these paws last I feel so down and tired today had a fee good days recently then woke up feeling as if I couldn't be bothered to do anything I feel like a zombie struggling to concentrate on things also a little spaced out like in a fog

I used Heroin heavily for years, and it took me a lengthy time to feel completely normal again. after 35 days I would not think that you'd still be withdrawing, but it takes time for your brain to rewire itself from the abuse its taken. Opiates are a bitch, wish you well. Try taking some vitamins. I personally play music and that helped me get through a lot of the fogginess.

Hey Steva, welcome :)

I recommend you check out Sober Living and ask some questions there. Those guys really know their stuff and will be able to help you for sure :)

Best,
CFC

Thanks guys i believe i am pretty close to being normal i have no physical withdrawal apart from the depression and brain fog i think my brain is trying to heal its self hopefully it wont take too long now

Thanks guys i believe i am pretty close to being normal i have no physical withdrawal apart from the depression and brain fog i think my brain is trying to heal its self hopefully it wont take too long now

I promise you it will get better. Don't give up! Best of luck to you!