• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

(PHENIBUT) ADDICTION (Big Doser)

peterfromsweden

Greenlighter
I been using this shit for three years now. Started hard with 4-5 grams a day and topped at 12 grams a day last year. Did a three month taper that was bad, was strapped to my sofa 24/7 (no shower in three months!!) with BAD anxiety and freezing cold, it´s like my spines were replaced with very cold IRON! Shivers, not be able to eat and headache, anxiety in every way that is possible.

At 0,6 gram I relapsed (last summer) and now, six months later, I´m tapering hard since a week ago from 10 gram a day +-5 gram . Now down to 3,5 gram a day and it´s been rough!!

So far in my phenibut addition I been hospitalized four times on this shit, every-time with a BAD paranoid psychosis and death
high blood pressure (210/130). Vomiting all over the place and horror hallucinations. Like worms everywhere and everyone wants to kill me. The psychosis usually last for five days to a week. never had a psychosis in my life before this (30 years of heavy drug use)

I don´t know If I can survive one more time this feels even worse then the previous times! More intense!!.
I have 150 gram left but 200 more on it´s way. I´m such a fucking slave to this shit!! Been hooked on other drugs but this is the K I N G of BAD long withdraws, I have not succeed yet. Before I have WD from a very bad benzo WD but this is in it´s own league!

My plans´Is to do aggressive taper, when worms and shit comes and I start to hallucinate, I dose! Mission is to come down to 2 gram a day in a couple of weeks. That´s my baseline for start the real taper!

I have this medicines:

Diazipam 15mg a day (helps little bit),
Zopiclone 30mg a night (those help me very much, they make me manage to eat some,
Lyica (helps me a bit bot works a bad form of Phenibut-fukk.

Seroquel Depot 150mg x2 a day(works really good for a couple of nights, good to cycle with)

All these I cycle.. I´m hoping to get down to 2 gram a day and the start the regular two months Taper (100mg a day).

so here we go again!!
clear.png

Last edited by a moderator:

So far in my phenibut addition I been hospitalized four times on this shit, every-time with a BAD paranoid psychosis and death
high blood pressure (210/130). Vomiting all over the place and horror hallucinations. Like worms everywhere and everyone wants to kill me. The psychosis usually last for five days to a week. never had a psychosis in my life before this (30 years of heavy drug use)

Sorry to hear your going through all of this as I know gabaergic W/D's can be hell but this is a whole other level of W/D. I've only dabbled with Phenibut but being phenyl-GABA I can see the potential for hijacking the normal function of an inhibitory system.

I've heard that it has some downstream effects like gabapentin with Voltage gated calcium channels.

What did the hospital have to say about your withdrawal ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear your going through all of this as I know gabaergic W/D's can be hell but this is a whole other level of W/D. I've only dabbled with Phenibut but being phenyl-GABA I can see the potential for hijacking the normal function of an inhibitory system.

I've heard that it has some downstream effects like gabapentin with Voltage gated calcium channels.

What did the hospital have to say about your withdrawal ?

Thing is that they did not know.. they just thought I was having a "normal" psychosis, though I never had one before. And I refused to take any medication because I thought they where going to poison me. Hardly remember but only one I trusted was my mother. They all had wigs and clown-like outfits and was very mean.. the doctors and such. It was true horror. Woke up from it in like a week.. was there for ten days.

I tired to taper for three months but when I was on 0,6 gram I relapsed.. So I have to do it again.. what made me decide now was a week ago I noticed that though taking 4,5 gram a day I still was in 24/7 WD. I have to take like 8 gram to be out of WD. Today I´m down to 3 gram. I know I should take It slow but I´m so fed up with It.. As long I take enough to keep me out of hospitals.

I know that after a couple of weeks things stabilize.. So what I´m "looking" forward to now in life is the 2,0 gram benchmark LOL..

I suppose a strict taper is about the only way out along with maybe the other meds you listed to aid in your progress. I've heard Baclofen can help with some withdrawal syndromes but trading phenibut for a regimen of pills is not a whole lot better either.

If I come across any pertinent information that might apply to your situation I will certainly post it. Hang in there Peter.

Thanks my friend :)

Just dosed 3,0 gram and I will keep on posting on this thread. Maby It can help someone..

I'm assuming you've already got a milligram scale, but if not get one immediately and make sure you're actually taking what you think you are. Then, try going down a very small amount each day instead of 100mg at a time. Start with 25mg each day and if that's too painful try 15 or 10 even. If you keep your drops small but consistent, you may have better or at the very least more productive results. If you're constantly in wd already anyway i highly doubt such a small drop would send you into the hospital. If it gets to you switch it up to every other day you do a drop. I've been through this and that's what works for me. Granted, not in length and not quite as high but pretty close. Best of luck to you and keep us updated!

I'm assuming you've already got a milligram scale, but if not get one immediately and make sure you're actually taking what you think you are. Then, try going down a very small amount each day instead of 100mg at a time. Start with 25mg each day and if that's too painful try 15 or 10 even. If you keep your drops small but consistent, you may have better or at the very least more productive results. If you're constantly in wd already anyway i highly doubt such a small drop would send you into the hospital. If it gets to you switch it up to every other day you do a drop. I've been through this and that's what works for me. Granted, not in length and not quite as high but pretty close. Best of luck to you and keep us updated!

Thanks Tek4242!
Yes I do have a scale.. but when I bindge I tend not to use it.. but of course now i use it! As of today I started dosing only once a day again. Today I took only 3 gram. Thats a five gram drop (-+?) in a week or so. I felt worse two days ago but it comes in waves. I´m stuck in my sofa and cant eat of course and have high anxety. But knows it can be much worse.. much worse!
Why I chose to make such a fast taper?
Because I went through a three months taper, pure hell, from 12 gram to 0,6 and relapse, just could not take it anymore.. either that or a gun. So I thought I do it really hardcore now for a couple of weeks or a month, until I get down to 2,0 gram and stable (e,g not feeling like I´m going to die every second) and then make a proper taper from there!

I really appreciate you guys chekicng up on me!! I´m so fucking alone, no friends after these years of course so these post I do. I have a Journal on drugs.com also, I all I have right in my life!!

zopiclone is a godsend!! They have such effect on my right now.. they make me be able to have a sandwish and sleep for a couple of hours!

By the way TEK? what was your dose and for how long did you use it??

Problem with Phenibut wd is that it never ever ever ends..

tanks again

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I used phenibut pretty heavily for a week or two in November and figured I'd better taper off or risk withdrawals/seizures, so I have been. I maxxed out at 2900mg I think, and I've been missing a day with dosage, and then lowering by 100mg. I'm down to 1600mg now which I'm pretty happy about because that's not too far off the minimum dosage for me without tolerance.

It's a bitch to taper off because of the tolerance thing, isn't it? A week or two of stupidity can really land you in deep water. And I totally know what you mean about the 2 gram benchmark, I was exactly the same when I hit 2 grams! My next benchmark is 1500mg, I'll be really pleased once I get below there.

They all had wigs and clown-like outfits and was very mean.. the doctors and such. It was true horror. Woke up from it in like a week.. was there for ten days.

That is such a totally fucking dark thing to have to experience. Life can play you some really sinister cards.

No other substance has ever grabbed me by the balls like phenibut. I've gone pretty hard with opioids and benzos but phenibut was a different kind of hell. Towards the end of my usage it would be a toss up as to whether taking phenibut would give me a panic attack or I would wait and have one from the WD. It literally, completely turned on me. The psychosis really creeps up on you. I was convinced that I was dying from some undetectable malady and was leaving notes for family members telling them that I loved them and that it wasn't their fault and so on. Was a very dark time. Something that helped me greatly was switching to baclofen at a certain point. It effectively suppressed the GABA element of the withdrawal (psychosis, insomnia, etc.) without reinforcing effects. I'm pulling for you. Best of luck.

edit: For a little perspective, at the height of my usage I was taking 18-22 grams a day.

Last edited:
Out of curiousity, have you had your liver and/or kidney function tested at any point while you have been using very high doses, or afterwards?

I ask as although there are a lot of vague references to the possibility that Phenibut might not be physiologically safe to these organs in high enough doses, there is very little actual data either way... If you haven't had these tests done I would suggest that it would be a good idea, either for peace of mind that you haven't done any lasting damage, or, possibly, added motivation to keep off it if you find that you are doing some damage. Please report back if you do also! :)

Out of curiousity, have you had your liver and/or kidney function tested at any point while you have been using very high doses, or afterwards?

I ask as although there are a lot of vague references to the possibility that Phenibut might not be physiologically safe to these organs in high enough doses, there is very little actual data either way... If you haven't had these tests done I would suggest that it would be a good idea, either for peace of mind that you haven't done any lasting damage, or, possibly, added motivation to keep off it if you find that you are doing some damage. Please report back if you do also! :)

Yes!! Like five times, all is fine! Phenibut seems to have no bad effect on my organs.

No other substance has ever grabbed me by the balls like phenibut. I've gone pretty hard with opioids and benzos but phenibut was a different kind of hell. Towards the end of my usage it would be a toss up as to whether taking phenibut would give me a panic attack or I would wait and have one from the WD. It literally, completely turned on me. The psychosis really creeps up on you. I was convinced that I was dying from some undetectable malady and was leaving notes for family members telling them that I loved them and that it wasn't their fault and so on. Was a very dark time. Something that helped me greatly was switching to baclofen at a certain point. It effectively suppressed the GABA element of the withdrawal (psychosis, insomnia, etc.) without reinforcing effects. I'm pulling for you. Best of luck.

edit: For a little perspective, at the height of my usage I was taking 18-22 grams a day.

Ok then you now my friend!!
Thanks for your support :)

Does the high amounts cause pain when urinating? I noticed that when i first used it at about 2 grams and have read accounts from others about this same problem.

Last night I took 300 m Lyrica and 15 mg Zopiclone. Felt really good for a hour. Slept like shit later though.
Now 06:00 I´m up watching History Channel-2 "Ancient Aliens" (Only thing I can stand right now).

Last hours I had this weird thoughts thinking phenibut Is just a type of channel for bad spirits to hurt humans. In a dark medieval style. I´m like on STIMS right now. I know what that means. Shit hits the fan later!! Been here before.

Cant think "This happen for a reason" shit either, I´m not the type. Shit happen if you make shit happen.

So now when I feel like taken Stims I can just as well do one million pushups and some hometraining.

I make a post later when the medieval-part has come, and a big red gagball made from pure anxeity has put it´s place in my mouth.

15 minutes later.

I really feel good right now!! Like I had a small dose of Meth! But knows this is just a foreplay for tonight's terror! WD:ing from Phenibut Is like being controlled by a daemon with a broken gear stick that it controls the anxiety with! Now it´s in free position.. cant wait for it to get me in fifth gear!

Last edited:
Does the high amounts cause pain when urinating? I noticed that when i first used it at about 2 grams and have read accounts from others about this same problem.

No never! Not even when I was up to 15-(?) a day I had non what so ever bad effects on my body! Yes the diarrhea.. like water.. And the weird thing Is also.. I read a lot of people saying "the magic is gone". For me the magic is dose dependent. If i would ingest 12 gram now It would surely put me in nice place! I would start making music, or paintings (I´m a artist). Call friends and feel like I´m the top of the world! That´s what happens when I take high doses of Phenibut.

For me the magic was there all these years on it.. Just needed to take more.. One thing though.. I stopped leaving home.. stopped cleaning myself.. I was to manic.

oh yes. I´m on 3 gram now! Took my dose last night around 18:00! I dropped half a gram since the day before.

Thanks! yes we see how this will develop. I did a "correct" taper during three months before this summer. It was horrific in that sense it felt it never ended. Day in and out with anxiety and chills, ice cold spines, and those shivers man! soo very cold shivers from the back of my spines! every day for three months.. It feels like they have not even started yet. I´m still in the "honemoon"-phase WD wise.
But this time I thought going more hardcore. At least from the start..

Thanks for you support!

I read a lot about phenibut withdrawal. I had some myself, allthough my daily dose never went above 3 grams.

Some remarks:
Most people notice its rather easy to go from more than 3 grams to 3 grams. As in doable in a couple of days.
If you taper below 1.5 grams, sleep gets very bad. This will stay until about 5 days after your last dose.
Allthough people worry about it a lot, I have never heared someone actually got organ damage, because of phenibut.
Don't forget to drink. People who ended up in the hospital with organ problems, forgot to drink (which can be hard to think of, withdrawing).
If you dont want to calculate your daily dosages, put 30 grams in a liter bottle, drink 100ml daily and fill up with tapwater. For a 10% daily taper from 3 grams daily.
Keep an eye on your bloodpressure and go to the hospital when it gets dangerous.
Not being high anymore can feel like a withdrawal symptom.
After you're done wd-ing, you cannot use phenibut again. Even years after, you would still need a high dose to have any effect and it would bring wd symptoms the days after.

Maybe some of above senteces are useful for you. Wishing much luck!

Vazkor

Thanks Vazkor for your tips! Yes.. I decided to never touch the stuff again! My last taper, strapped three month to my sofa!, when I relapsed at 0,6 gram (ouchh!!). I was thinking that I could take once or twice, like people do.. But I started daily at high doses at once! I learned a painful lesson..

It´s five hours, I counting minutes, until my next dose, I will dose 2,7 gram today. But yesterday I felt worse after my dose then before it! So I´m not really looking forward to it.. Only thing I look forward to is my sleepers that I take later on.. they really have a effect on me right now. They was not even noticeable when high dosing Phenibut. They makes me hungry.. cant eat during the day. I drink two eggs and take all my vitamins.. I just cant swallow with out vomiting.

I have pictures In my head from the hospital vomiting like crazy and anxiety In it´s high gear, then in to paranoid psychosis. Really bad combo. Hopefully I wont get like that again.

Peter.