Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

over the counter opioids

psychedelic boi

Greenlighter
hello all, this is my first post.
what i want to know is, is there any available opioids for over the counter purchase here in Australia (qld)
if so, which opioid is the best and whats the best way to take it. 8( 8o
thx

Hey man, welcome too bluelight! Glad too have you on boared. Things have been a bit quiet lately. If you havnt already please read and make sure you familiorize yourself with all user guidelines as it will prevent any possible issues down the track.

Im more than happy too answer your question in a informative way that doesnt go against our harm reduction principles ( I dont need too know why, but im assume you ask for pain releif perposes as we wouldnt offer advice of how too best get fucked up from non prescription opioids)

Yes, in queensland and victoria definantly and i have lived in both states and as far as im aware its the same everywhere else here. Codeine is availible in over the counter meds. These range from 8mg up too the highest legally availible without a prescription, which is 15mg. Panadeine Extra is one example but there are others and a lot of phamacys will have there own brand line.

The best way to take them is how the pharmacist advises (which is usually on the box under directions)

I dont suggest doing so but will add the followimg for HR purposes as my gut feeling from the wording of your post was you may be planing too use it beyond the standed dose.

If so, ALWAYS do a Cold Water Extraction of the Codiene. Dont go eating 8 pills at once because the side effects of too much paracetimol and Ibuprofen ingestion can not be nice. Theres plenty if threads if you use the search engine on how to perform a C.W.E. Anymore questions feel free too ask. And welcome to Blue Light!

Andy

Also - you can buy cough syrup with DHC in it - I prefer regular codeine, but this stuff is definitely stronger - so more useful for WDs..

Umm trying to think what it's called now, been a long time haha.. rikodeine.. that's it

which opioid is the best and whats the best way to take it.

Hi there,

Andyturbo has given you a nice welcome with the bonus of having information specifically for Queensland. As he said, the "best" opiate available OTC (over the counter - no prescription) is probably codeine. That's often available in combination with either paracetamol or ibuprofen. Due to the presence of those other elements, you will need to do a cold water extraction (CWE). As Andy said, it's easy to find information about the CWE process with a google search. Do NOT take large amounts of either paracetamol or ibuprofen because they can do serious damage to your liver and/or stomach.

It is also worth noting that codeine, while considered to be a "weak" opiate, is very much a drug of addiction. Regular use can create a habit which is difficult to quit.

Stay safe and welcome to BlueLight.

Just want to let you know that as of Feb, 2018, you will no longer be able to purchase any product containing codeine over the counter in Australia. Sad but true

I'm assuming that in the US you cannot purchase codeine containing products OTC, right? I have never seen any before in CVS/Walgreens/etc.

Just want to let you know that as of Feb, 2018, you will no longer be able to purchase any product containing codeine over the counter in Australia. Sad but true

I'm assuming Riko may be a loophole for this, since technically it contains 'dihydrocodeine' (sp?)

Hey man, welcome too bluelight! Glad too have you on boared. Things have been a bit quiet lately. If you havnt already please read and make sure you familiorize yourself with all user guidelines as it will prevent any possible issues down the track.

Im more than happy too answer your question in a informative way that doesnt go against our harm reduction principles ( I dont need too know why, but im assume you ask for pain releif perposes as we wouldnt offer advice of how too best get fucked up from non prescription opioids)

Yes, in queensland and victoria definantly and i have lived in both states and as far as im aware its the same everywhere else here. Codeine is availible in over the counter meds. These range from 8mg up too the highest legally availible without a prescription, which is 15mg. Panadeine Extra is one example but there are others and a lot of phamacys will have there own brand line.

The best way to take them is how the pharmacist advises (which is usually on the box under directions)

I dont suggest doing so but will add the followimg for HR purposes as my gut feeling from the wording of your post was you may be planing too use it beyond the standed dose.

If so, ALWAYS do a Cold Water Extraction of the Codiene. Dont go eating 8 pills at once because the side effects of too much paracetimol and Ibuprofen ingestion can not be nice. Theres plenty if threads if you use the search engine on how to perform a C.W.E. Anymore questions feel free too ask. And welcome to Blue Light!

Andy

I miss the old splittable N+ days =D

psychedelic_boi, welcome to the site; andy's pointed given some good advice there not doing a CWE on a codeine ibuprofen mix can cause ulcers & all sorts of damage. Follow your GP or pharmacists advice there's not a great deal of OTC that's any real fun anyway. Weigh up the risk reward ratio.

Be good :)

I'm assuming Riko may be a loophole for this, since technically it contains 'dihydrocodeine' (sp?)

good question. But I've no clue. A quick Google search proved worthless. Amazingly, I'm on pretty good terms with the local chemists, so I'll talk to them and get back to you.

thankyou everyone. all this info helps. ill be safe. it sucks that there gonna be illegal soon :/ dont blame em for tryining to stop people like me from doing this.

Yeah that sucks. Almost as much as when Alprazolam was reschedueled to 8 :(

I just had an interesting talk with my pharmacist. I just bought a chemist brand codeine plus ibuprofen as nurofen had sold out of its codeine containing product.

She said if I use it every now and then (I do and not for recreation) then Id be fine but regularly meant a script.

Thats true for products with pseudoephidrene but I thought any codeine would be script only.

This is confusing.

^ your chemist fucked up Zephyr. They should have sighted a script before selling you the drugs. I suspect there are thousands of chemists pissed off and confused about the change.

Fucking AMA is showing the Chemist Guild who the real power in Australia is.

^ your chemist fucked up Zephyr. They should have sighted a script before selling you the drugs. I suspect there are thousands of chemists pissed off and confused about the change.

Fucking AMA is showing the Chemist Guild who the real power in Australia is.

He bought it before the ban. Check the date, one day prior.