• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Some info about me

Bugzelot

Bluelighter
Because I am being threatened with death for not bleeding all of my info right off the bat this thread is being created in the spirit of doing just that.

My real name is <edit>. I did two years as a gunner in an artillery battery, and three years as a naval signalman part of which was spent serving during Desert Storm, 91. (Non combat). Worked in a steel plant for many years, worked at a charity for several years providing IT services and manual labor, delivering food, furniture, etc, to the needly. I also built over 700 computers while there to give away, Mostly frankensteining. Using what I could harvest from other machines, etc.

I have abused every drug imaginable cept heroin but have been clean and sober for nearly 7 years now.

I am semi-retired now and own two businesses.

I have also done tech work as a hobby and trade since the mid eighties and have been online ever since buying a 300 Hayes 1660 300 bps modem. I have been going flat out ever since. Running FTP servers, news servers, name it, I have done or do it.

There, this is a good starting point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, really interesting background, thanks for posting and welcome aboard :)

As for the Lounge, they're just hazing you for kicks mate - it's what they do ;)

Don't share anything if you don't want to, it's an anonymous forum and nobody will ever ask you to share any personally identifiable information (I'd strongly recommend you don't tbh, unless you become actual PM-type friends).

All the best mate,
CFC

Hey man, really interesting background, thanks for posting and welcome aboard :)

As for the Lounge, they're just hazing you for kicks mate - it's what they do ;)

Don't share anything if you don't want to, it's an anonymous forum and nobody will ever ask you to share any personally identifiable information (I'd strongly recommend you don't tbh, unless you become actual PM-type friends).

All the best mate,
CFC

I don't plan on running for any public office. Heh.

I don't plan on running for any public office. Heh.

The other side of this is that there are some serious folks who have your worse intentions at heart. Meaning given the chance they’ll take advantage of any personal info. Do what you want, but I really echo CFC in suggesting caution with this. I give away some identifiable info, but it’s pretty super basic (nothing to specific or anything others couldn’t easily figure out elsewhere).

Also, some forums you might enjoy: TDS, SL and S&T.

Great to hear you just joined the community. I registered yesterday myself, seems bluelight is always getting new members.
Bluelight provides educational info to over 4 million viewers if I am correct.

The other side of this is that there are some serious folks who have your worse intentions at heart. Meaning given the chance they’ll take advantage of any personal info. Do what you want, but I really echo CFC in suggesting caution with this. I give away some identifiable info, but it’s pretty super basic (nothing to specific or anything others couldn’t easily figure out elsewhere).

Also, some forums you might enjoy: TDS, SL and S&T.

I have a fairly public life anyway and many people know a bunch about me. I have a "somewhat" busy Youtube channel and have been ranting and raving on various social media platforms for years, decades even. I also don't work for anyone. I work for myself and plan on it until I die. I get what you mean tho, but in my case I have no issues sharing personal information. I don't commit any crimes or harm anyone so I just do what I do without sweating it.