• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Thinking of taking mdma recently had a seizure

Hellothere33

Greenlighter
Recently I had a grand mal seizure about 2-3 weeks ago, seizure was alcohol and dehydration induced, Ive had a cat scan done, blood tests, and eeg scan done, the cat scan and blood tests came back with nothing the eeg came back abnormal. I was thinking of taking mdma at a festival this weekend and am not going back to my neurologist till tuesday and all he has told me is it was abnormal. Will I be okay to roll this weekend or is there a high chance of me having a seizure again. I’ve used mdma in the past at quite high doses around 250-300mg and was just thinking of taking one clean pill at around 90mg (mdma). Is this a bad idea?

Was it caused by alcohol dependency/withdrawal? Or just casual drinking, or what?

Was just casual drinking not a heavy drinker but I have drunk way more in the past and don’t drink often

I would definitely advise waiting to see what the doctor had to say before indulging. I mean, if you can't enjoy the festivities without rolling, which may or may not cause you to have a VERY bad time, you might want to take a step back and reevaluate the bigger picture. Also curious as to how you claim to know the dosage of the pill

Got weighed in front of me and tested in front of me. Close friend so. Nah I’ve gone to festivals before without rolling or drinking and had a mad time was just really keen on this one. But not much you can do I guess

had high levels off eeg myself from drinking way to much. took two weeks to come back to normal... was drinking 10 pints a night seven days a week mind

I would pass for now until you hear from your neurologist. Better safe than sorry. MDMA can be a very dehydrating substance, and drugs that increase the same neurotransmitters that MDMA does tend to lower the seizure threshold. Regular amphetamines certainly lower the seizure threshold as well. Sometimes MDMA use can lead to sleep deprivation, which once again, can lower the seizure threshold.

I would pass for now until you normalize more and figure out what's going on.
CY

^Yeah. If it was caused by some kind of alcohol withdrawal then I'd be thinking that, assuming you came off it and had time to stabilise, you wouldn't neccesarily be prone to more seizures. However, given that it happened through casual alcohol consumption, I don't see why it couldn't happen via MDMA consumption, unfortunately.