• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Should I blow the majority of money I have in savings to buy a guitar?

^
If the noise appears when you don't touch the strings and goes away the moment you do touch them then the ground between the pots and the bridge has very likely gone bad. It's a quick fix, too.

Damn, I can't figure out where this buzzing is coming from. Only happens when I'm not playing. Wasn't doing it when I tried the guitar or amp out at the store so I was thinking it was the pedal, but I plugged into the amp without going through the pedal and it's still happening. The only other thing I can think of is it's the cord. Anyone have any advice?

It's probably a grounding issue, my guitar player in my band recently rewired his Gibson SG and in the process he shielded the chamber with copper plating. Now it's almost completely silent. Before that he bought a noise suppressor pedal too, I think the one Boss makes, and now with the two it's utterly silent except when he plays it.

Well, the low level buzzing has now turned into a high pitch feedback. :X I actually took the cord in to the local music store and it worked fine there. I also tried plugging in my keyboard and was still getting the exact same thing. Last ditch effort was to go into the spare room where there's pretty much no other electronics or anything and plug my amp in and my guitar just straight in without my pedal... Still the same thing. So I've pretty much ruled out everything including the guitar (which is about the only good thing out of this). Looks like I'll be taking my guitar and amp back to the music store. I for the life of me can't figure out why it took a few days before the feedback started happening tho. Oh well, guess I'll find out.

Last edited:
Went back to the music store today and everything worked fine so I was like FUKK! Anyways, came back home and my dad turned off the wifi router and no more buzzing or feedback. I don't know if that's what was causing it because he turned it back on obviously and everything is still fine. Either way I'm not questioning it because everything's working now. Fukking bizarre tho. I was about to lose my mind trying to figure out what was going on. Hopefully everything keeps working. Both this guitar and amp shred.

I would advise in favor of learning an instrument. I play several myself, 7 string guitar tuned to open C, 5 string bass tuned to Open A, etc

I am learning it and played guitar before. You could give me a saxophone and I'd figure it out within a few months.

A guitar can be a good investment, especially if you know how to play.