• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Putting extract in Hot water (weed tea)

CfZrx

Bluelighter
Hi, I was pissed because I put too much extract in my THISTHINGRIPS vape pen, and after a few puffs there are sticky remnants of the vapor all over the inside of the plastic chamber between coils and my lips. Can I dip a tip in alcohol, clean out the reconstituted extract, and throw the cotton into a pan with some coconut oil to help with extraction, add some water, heat, and voila? Weed tea? Thanks!

Sounds like you have the basic principles down. A couple thoughts:

Watch your temp, don't want to cause the THC to vaporize, just decarb it. Might be wise to double boil and use a candy thermometer.

If you only use water you might end up with the oil sticking to the cup, so maybe add some milk or something to help it mix better and prevent it from sticking to the side.

Sounds like you have the basic principles down. A couple thoughts:

Watch your temp, don't want to cause the THC to vaporize, just decarb it. Might be wise to double boil and use a candy thermometer.

If you only use water you might end up with the oil sticking to the cup, so maybe add some milk or something to help it mix better and prevent it from sticking to the side.
Thanks! Another thought I had was "I wonder if the extract was already decarbed at the point I first vaped it in the pen"? Anyways, yeah, thanks, I will look into this "double boil and candy thermometer" idea :) I bet it works great. I should even just drop a piece of wax or shatter into some tea I am simmering!?

Tonight I tried bringing some water to boil and putting some extract in there. I immediately turned off the stovetop after the extract melted into the water and closed the lid. The I remembered to add some fat, so I added coconut milk. Now here I sit, wondering if the tea will have an effect... gonna try some soon.
--------15 minutes later I have a really awesome relaxed buzz :) This takes cannabis to a whole other level :)

Last edited:
I don't know if putting the mixture directly into boiling water is the best method. The use of double boiling is to ensure a more even temperature by preventing direct heat from being applied to the mix.

I did a little quick google searching and most methods say to use the oven. I forget the exact way I've used in the past, but it involved both double boiling and baking in the oven. I want to say we ground up the weed, put it in oil in a bowl that was sitting in hot/boiling water, then used the oil to bake into cookies but I think you could get away with just one or the other if the temperature and time is right.

oil is used because thc is not water soluble. BUt yeah, I'm far from expert, I have only made edibles a few times.

I don't know if putting the mixture directly into boiling water is the best method. The use of double boiling is to ensure a more even temperature by preventing direct heat from being applied to the mix.

I did a little quick google searching and most methods say to use the oven. I forget the exact way I've used in the past, but it involved both double boiling and baking in the oven. I want to say we ground up the weed, put it in oil in a bowl that was sitting in hot/boiling water, then used the oil to bake into cookies but I think you could get away with just one or the other if the temperature and time is right.

oil is used because thc is not water soluble. BUt yeah, I'm far from expert, I have only made edibles a few times.
I think your method would most effectively extract the thc into the fatty liquid of choice, but let me tell ya, I got Insanely baked for a couple hours. I was surprised that it didn't have the legs of edibles, but then I guess it hits you fast and leaves fast too. Highly recommend trying it!
heat up some milk on the stove

add molasses
is molasses code word for cannabis extract?

Will the rubbing alcohol in the Qtips that I used to clean the wax that raised out of the vape pen bowl and coated the stem of the pen when I loaded too much at once be evaporated enough to just heat the Qtip cottons in some coconut milk and enjoy the cannabis tea? I've heard one can go blind from rubbing alcohol so I need to be careful. Thanks! The Qtips have been sitting in my cupboard for over a week.

Recently did ------240 degrees Fahreheit for 45 minutes------seemed to work OK. Water boils at 212 F.....so boiling water longer probably....

Lower the temperature longer the time needed.

Recently did ------240 degrees Fahreheit for 45 minutes------seemed to work OK. Water boils at 212 F.....so boiling water longer probably....

Lower the temperature longer the time needed.
Recently did what? The extract in milk idea I was originally posting about? Tell me more :)