• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any advice will be appreciated opiate withdrawl

Pghlady6972

Bluelighter
Good afternoon. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with 3 herniated discs, spinal stenosis and arthritis in my SI joints. I also have 2 rods plus cables and screws through my thoracic spine. I was prescribed 5mg vicodin for the past 2 years. I was running out of those fairly quickly recently (september) and my neighbor gave me a bag of heroin. It has been a progressive 6-8 bag a day plugged habit. I've drained my bank accounts and racked up debt. I am getting married to an amazing man in August and I need to kick this now. We have an 11 year old son and he needs his mom back. I have been able to keep my job and the respect of my family and friends because I've been able to hide it very well. I have 7 bags of mid quality heroin left, 60 7.5mg vicodin, 80 5mg vicodin, plenty of gabapentin, and a few clonidine. I also should get 90 more 5mg vicodin tmrw if my drug test was good last month (I have to call the pharmacy and see if my script is there). I have read about CWE, I know that I'll have to do cwe with the vicodin because of the apap. What would be your best advice as to how to utilize what I have left to minimize the withdrawl symptoms. I must continue working. I must keep this a secret from my family and fiance. After I get over this hurdle I would like to go to counseling and or NA meetings for support. (My fiance wouldn't suspect anything as I was in NA when we met). I almost forgot, I also have a small amount of kratom high quality extract. Thank you so much for reading this, I will appreciate any and all advice. I hope you're having a good day! Also, I wasn't sure where this should go after reading the many forums, please move where it should be, thank you!

I did confirm, I do have 90 5mg vicodin ready at the pharmacy tomorrow. Thanks again for your help!

Also, I forgot to add, I have around 2.5mg of suboxone (orange pill.) It was an 8mg that I broke into thirds. A few weeks ago I took a third too early and went into agonising precipitated withdrawl. I literally thought about putting my gun to my head. I was able to cop later on that day, I felt normal, but was not able to get high until 2 days later. I waited 19 hours before plugging the sub, so I thought I was in the clear. I am horrified to take the last third, but will listen to your advice pertaining to it.

To recap:
I have
7 bags mid quality heroin (perhaps fetynl)
60 7.5/500 Vicodin
170 5/500 Vicodin
Several Clonidine, like 4 or 5
Small amount of high quality kratom extract
2.5mg suboxone
A ton of gabapentin
I have some 10mg flexerils
Boxes of lope
I can get my hands on a few Xanax as well.

Please help with some kind of schedule to ease the withdrawl. I must continue working (off weekends) and must not alert my fiance of this detox. Any and all advice is welcomed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to Bluelight. You made a good decision in quitting heroin. The first thing I would do is be done with it and then work on your taper using the other meds. The reason I say this is it's too much temptation to run out and buy more dope when your withdrawals become uncomfortable. It's your call though. If you had access to more subs, that would work without having to use other drugs.

If you want to use heroin while tapering, you could try getting yourself down to one bag- whichever you choose use morning or evening. Use your hydrocodone and gabapentin in between. Take clonidine at night because it can be sedating. Only take loperamide for diarrhea at recommended doses. I've never used kratom for opiate withdrawals but have read of people having success with it. Maybe someone with more experience can share theirs. With you luck! :)

Thank you very much for your welcome and feedback. I sure hope I can do this. I still have a few bags left today so I will probably keep 1 for tomorrow morning and that will be my last dose of heroin. I am very nervous about failing. I get paid tomorrow and I really don't want to go cop. I hope with the meds I have I will be kind of comfortable throughout this process. I also do not want to take too many vicodin and blow through them. I need this to work. I haven't made it through a full detox ever. I just have to want to stop more than I want to get high, which is going to be hard when I'm going through withdrawl. Well, please wish me luck! I will try to keep this updated as I go through the motions.

Does anyone know/estimate how many mgs of hydrocodone is equal to 1 bag of mid grade heroin? I've looked at conversion charts but I do not understand them and it is hard to know with the different qualities of dope. Any ideas?