• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New to BlueLight and looking to better my life.

MrRELENTLESS

Greenlighter
Long story short I'm a Squad Leader of a Fire Team in the Military, Specifically we are a M.R.S.T (Maritime Security Response Team) we run covert counter terrorism operations and drug interactions in the Caribbean. Daily we do live ammo live fire Close Quarters breach and clear drills while waiting for the alarm to sound and blue light to start flashing then have to be fully loaded out in BDUs. Body armor on, spare mags for both Primary Assault Rifle, M4, and secondary Mags for sidearm,M9, IFAK medical kit, etc etc all necessary gear to engage in combat In sometimes sustained fire fights and be loaded up in whatever is transporting us to the hot zone either a helicopter or boat, I gotta have flashbang concussion and M67 Frag grenades attached to the MOLLE webbing on the back of my plate carrier so second guy in formation pulls one off my back gains us entry through door being beached, tosses flashbang grenade and I'm the first one through the door start engaging hostiles covering my sector and my Squad falls in behind me engaging their sector of the room till we've eliminated all threats then move quickly to next room and do it again till whatever we are raiding is neutralized of threats, I wear AR500 body armor in my plate carrier not standard ceramic plates due to AR500 steal armor can take many rounds depending on what's being shot at you, typically it's AK-47s the enemy uses to shoot at my Squad. My Armor can take over 20+ rounds of 7.62x39mm FMJs before I risk penetration and the bullet entering my flesh, cuz I'm a Squad Leader that means I'm also Pointman on Raids ( always the first one through the door being breached to start engaging the enemy also the first one to be shot at unfortunately but we train hundreds of hours every week to take out the enemy combatants and not get shot our saying (joke) is if your gonna catch a bullet breaching and clearing your sector make sure you get shot in your body armor lol so on top of 40 pounds of gear on Me my body armor adds another 26ish pounds to my loadout where ceramic body armor is nearly no added weight but starts to fail after being shot once. We punish our bodies bad through training and carrying out our missions and I've been shot in my flesh 4 times in 8 years, took probably over 50 rounds to the chest or side on my Armor (new armor issued each time you take a bullet) in these 8 years to. Yes the steel armor deflects the bullet but can still Crack ribs from bullet impact force the foot pounds of energy behind the bullet to and leave NASTY bruises, so I've been prescribed opiates, Oxycodone for years by the Military. I'm legally dependent on them BAD. prescribed 240 mgs a day but it took years to reach this dose. Well I'm taking my honorable discharge and leaving the Military after 2 tours and the VA Doesn't do Suboxone treatment not that I'd want to worsen my tolerance by that crap but my taper down and off after 6 years daily prescribed heavy Oxy use is only a couple weeks very very crappie I feel like I'm literally dying and you just got a brief history of the kind of guy I am and shape I'm in, so risking my life for this Country For 8 years stopping SO MANY bad things, people and attacks on this country from happening I'm getting shown thank you by leaving me in serious withdrawal and a thank you for your service here’s your service medals and accomplishments!!! I could stay on the prescription Oxy for years to come I was told BUT I WANT OFF!!!! I'M going to go the Kratom route for detoxing myself. I need advice how much to take and for how long from someone with experience detoxing off this high of a dose took for so many years. I have Maeng Da Red Vien powder not much tho and over a half pound of good quality Bali powder. Grapefruit juice, Imodium Gatorade Vitamins etc and nothing but time to get through this. Please Experienced advice is needed. I'm in withdrawal already from weaning down the Oxy so this is gonna be bad. Thank you In advance.

Gunners Mate
Petty Officer
1st Class
(my name Here)
United States (Branch here)

Last edited:
Hi Mate.
I dont have experience of Kratom, but Id like to wish you well and let you know that i feel your pain. I am on methadone and have been clean from opiates 6 month now. I have heard and believe that very high doses of imodium can help as it does something to the opiate receptors and can at least allow you to get some sleep. Im talking like 40 or 50 capsules at a time. Also gabapentin or pregabalin is really good for the first few days of withdrawals as well.

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, welcome to bluelight.
Crazy job you got there...getting shot must really hurt. I can barely imagine.

I hope you can find some good support and information here.

Thank you for your service.

I found 10 grams of kratom per dose to be effective for me, dosing every 5 hours or so. I did think the Bali had a slightly better effect, but nothing to write home about.

At that time, my pill habit wasn’t quite as high as yours is, but we are in the same neighborhood. I wasn’t too far under.

A benzo really helped (short term use only!!), and I would highly recommend a sleep aid of some sort. Laying in bed at night is the worst time for me.

Be aware that kratom is a godsend, but for me, at least, it loses its magic after repeated use. By the time I did my 4th or 5th detox, the kratom wasn’t nearly as effective as it was during that first kick.

Yes I apologize withdrawals have my mind not straight I failed to mention I'm am prescribed Clonazepam 2mg 3x a day 6mg total I've been on it for like 10 years so benzos don't do much for me and I'm also prescribed Adderall 30mg 2x a day 60mg total don't kno if that has any effect on kratom or if anyone has advice involving being on those during this process of successfully getting off this EVIL DRUG OXY FOR GOOD!!! Yes taking a round in the chest with my body armor hurts like heck! Imagine a bullet that with a weight of 123 grains traveling at 2,300 ish Feet per second hitting you in the chest with approximately 1,500 foot pounds of muzzle energy behind it and when the rounds hit your armor the energy the bullet had has to go somewhere, it transfers through the steel armor and onto your chest like a 1,500 pound weight moving at 2,300 feet per second hitting you in the chest. I've had plenty of cracked and bruised ribs from taking rounds in my body armor but at least your not choking on blood bleeding out from a bullet to the chest right. Shartito - did only use Bali or other stains as well and if all what was most effective at what dose how many grams how many times a day? I have Red Vien Maeng Da and OG Bali powder. I've found that no matter the dose of either the sweating is NEVERENDING. I've dosed to the point my vision like gets blurry like my eyes are shaking in my head and can't see straight like 30 grams took that day total and still gushing sweat. Can't sleep more than a couple hours either and my brain is craving the Oxy so bad thoughts won't stop but I'm not giving in. Other than the sweating, cold chills and no sleep I feel pretty decent considering the shock my body is in from withdrawals. Thank you for advice any advice is much appreciated!!! I've researched the crap outta this and don't understand why I'm not getting relief like people talk about no matter how many grams of kratom I take and my kratom is quality stuff from number 1 recommended vendor on the internet so I'm desperately trying to find the cure to make this Kratom thing work cuz I'll be darned if I find myself in a Dr office getting a refill on this evil Oxy. I'm determined to see this through and get clean and get over this hell of opiate addiction I have curtosey of the US Government. I have like I dunno 60ish Oxy 30s instant release form left sitting right next to my kratom in the kitchen "just in case" I need a day clear headed no withdrawals but after I've been clean for at least a month and am starting to feel a little better I'll flush them then but I have no desire to take more Oxy cuz it'll only prolong this withdrawal process even tho is legal for me and could stay on it for life with legal scripts. I failed to mention when I started this I weaned down for a couple months to where I could get through a day with only taking 30-60mg of oxycodone and not feel like total crap then started Kratom. Been on Kratom since 12/6 what am I doing wrong? How long till my brain starts to heal and I start to feel normal and also when should I start weaning off kratom and is 12-24 grams a day to much at first? Thank you guys for the support and answers!

Last edited:
I’m gonna be honest.

There are some habits that kratom can’t touch. Now that I’ve graduated to heroin, it’s pretty much useless. I was hoping that since you were on pills (a lot of pills, but still pills, and not heroin) that the kratom would help. But based on what you’re saying, it’s not effective, and I would forget about the kratom for now, at least for this purpose.

Now you’re left with a couple options.

You can cold turkey it. If you can get some comfort meds, that will absolutely help. A cold turkey kick is miserable beyond description, but it can be done. I’ve done it many times.

Otherwise, you might want to consider a treatment option. I myself finally made a suboxone doctor appointment next week. Such is the life of an addict.

Good luck man.