• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

codeine doesnt work

xannyhead

Bluelighter
I have tried codeine like 4 times, the first one was a CWE so I thought I could have messed up the whole thing. Yesterday I took 120mg + 50 mg of promethazine and didnt feel anything at all besides being sleepy, most likely from the promethazine. What would happen if tonight I took 300 mg? In case I dont metabolize it, would it still harm my body in the same way that it would if I could metabolize it?

All codeine ever did was make me drowsy as well. Some people just don't get any of the euphoria, I have a natural tolerance to opiates so codeine isn't viable for me.

All codeine ever did was make me drowsy as well. Some people just don't get any of the euphoria, I have a natural tolerance to opiates so codeine isn't viable for me.

but what I mean with that question is: Is the codeine going to hurt my body (liver, brain) the same way it would do if I DID Metabolize it?

I definitely wouldn't recommend more than doubling your dose, that's pretty dangerous if you're going to up your dose do it in small increments, as for the not metabolizing it, Idk it's as a result of your liver not making enough of an enzyme. I do metabolize it I'm just naturally tolerant, so no idea on the dangers to a non metabolizer. from your post I'm guessing your in the same boat.

opiates aren’t generally physically harmful except in an overdose in which case it might seriously depress your cns and cause possible damage from lack of oxygen, or if you fall asleep and vomit in your sleep and choke to death.

So taking a dose of codeine that doesn’t cause you to stop breathing or blackout won’t be physically harmful unless your organs aren’t functioning properly.

I wouldn’t double your dose, an opiate overdose is an extremely uncomfortable experience. Some people don’t metabolize codeine into morphine very efficiently and some that do still don’t react well to it. I can metabolize codeine fairly well but it doesn’t give me a good high.