• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What would happen if I were to mix codeine and dihydrocodeine together?

raphaelvize

Bluelighter
Hi there, I don't post often but i have a question. If i were to combine codeine with dihydrocodeine, would the effects be stronger or would they become weaker since they both rely on the same enzyme to convert into active form?

I'm pretty sure it's relatively safe to combine both these substances since they're pretty much the same thing, but i just want to make sure and also check if they work together well or not. I know they both rely on the same enzyme to convert to their active form, so I'm worried that they might inhibit each other or something due to competence for the enzyme.

Would the outcome be pleasant (i would probably take 76.8mg codeine on top of 238mg dihydrocodeine) or would it not do much (or be dangerous)?
Thank you so much!! :):)

IME, codeine and dihydrocodeine have an additive effect, at least if you are below the "ceiling" dose for both.

Thanks for replying. Yes i would be below the ceiling dose - i would only be taking 76mg codeine with 238g dihydrocodeine. So in your experience the effects were greater when taking them together? I think I may try it then, thanks a bunch!!

Hey.

I?ve been experimenting with codeine and DHC for almost a year now and I can say that in my experience, combining the two does have a considerable additive effect. I find that 200mg + 200mg DHC is more euphoric and much longer lasting than 400mg of codeine alone.

For me, the codeine high lasts no more than 45-60 mins on a good day, but the combination lasts anywhere from 2-4hrs and DHC alone falls somewhere in the middle.

Dihydrocodiene is a bit more potent than codiene(1.5-2x maybe?) so yeah...

Also, not sure if there would be a ceiling for dhc, as it is not a prodrug like codiene, despite poppy last opionion.
Although histamine release could well put a cap on it, not to mention apap and other additives, just not sure what the max dose of *pure* dhc would be, and people should not take it upon themselves to find out...?