• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New member looking for inspiration

Hollywood528

Greenlighter
Greetings all!

I have often looked to bluelight for advice and interesting stories. Now I find myself looking for assistance as I deal with my heroin addiction. I realize I have a problem way more than I care to admit. I figure the more I talk about it the more it will create some sense of accountability. I’ve been doing less lately. I made it three days without it but then scored again. I feel I’m so close to losing it all and need to get out while I still can, but it’s so hard. Looking for advice and perspective. Thanks for your input!

Hi Hollywood528,

I think you came to the right place, lots of people in your shoes here, even more that have been in your shoes! Try looking through Recovery Support, you'll find lots of help there. Many stories of people and how they got clean, their struggles with getting clean, etc. If there is anything that you need, just ask!

Faith- grsh

I’m brand new to Bluelight, so I hope I’m not over stepping with my advice or stories. First off congratulations for kicking your heroine addiction. If you are into healthy living at all, I have a fantastic replacement. I use Kratom and Kava, and haven’t considered using “drugs” since. Red Bali Krantom is the most opiate like, but by no means is an opiate. If you prefer to be completely drug free, your going to need lot and lot of hobbies, and someone for emotional support. A trusted family member, friend, counselor. I’m a fan of psychologists because they can’t run their mouths unless you tell them something they have to report. I have trust issues. I wish nothing but the very best for you. Good luck

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I’ve been perusing various forums and it’s just helpful to read about others’ experiences and such. It’s seems that way to me at least.

Hey hollywood, welcome aboard :)

Yeah as GRSH says, the Recovery Support Forums and especially Sober Living would be great to check out, full of stories and helpful people.

I hope you find what you need here,
Take care,
CFC

I’ve been snooping around the recovery support forums but more so the sober living area. Thanks.