• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Does Lorazepam work with Codeine/Ibuprofen?

Codeine is not alprazolam.... Fix that error

Edit: you're way the fuck off.... It's not like speedballing where the stimulant can allow one to overdose on opiates without realizing it. With something short acting like coke it wears off and the overdose sets in during a crash. Completely different from opiates and benzos both creating sedation and the benzo potentiating the opiates respiratory depression. Benzos on their own don't have that risk as far as I know. That being said the benefit to q speedball is that the body is relaxed so the stimulation does not put as much stress on the body.

I am oversimplifying it a lot too. That's why all of us here need to do our own research.

Last edited:
I had some Diazepam once and on the patient information leaflet it advised against taking it with strong painkillers because it would 'increase a sense of wellbeing'

probably an irresponisble choice of words.....

Codeine is not alprazolam.... Fix that error

Edit: you're way the fuck off.... It's not like speedballing where the stimulant can allow one to overdose on opiates without realizing it. With something short acting like coke it wears off and the overdose sets in during a crash. Completely different from opiates and benzos both creating sedation and the benzo potentiating the opiates respiratory depression. Benzos on their own don't have that risk as far as I know. That being said the benefit to q speedball is that the body is relaxed so the stimulation does not put as much stress on the body.

I am oversimplifying it a lot too. That's why all of us here need to do our own research.
Meant to say codeine AND alprazolam. My mistake . I will fix it

I have a feeling your not going to let this go. Taco knows his shit and it's not likely that your going to die from 12mg of Codeine and 1/2 a Lorzie but you have to undertake something like this very seriously. It's not so much the 12-24mg of codeine with a small amount of Lorz but what it can lead to in say a month or two when you decide it's great and 200mg of codeine and 6mg of Lorazepam is just right. I wouldn't say it's like "should I try Heroin?" bad but not too far off if you realized nearly everybody in a bad place today began nearly right where you are now.

Save the 1/2 a Lorz with codeine for when you sprain your ankle or torque your back real bad where the need for relief is a little bit more justified and not just out of curiosity. If your still determined having someone with you is essential.

As far as Cold Water Extracting it's about as difficult as making coffee and worth it as the ibuprofen will probably make you sick especially on an empty stomach. There are other potentiation methods too like diphenhydramine or other first generation antihistamines that are far safer than benzos.

Here is the CWE thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/548643-Cold-Water-Extraction-Mega-Thread-amp-FAQ-v2-0

Good Luck and Stay Safe FC..

Dude honestly to feel codeine you have to take 180mg at least.its the weakest opiate so you should be safe doing 180-200mg and 1mg lorazepam. Idk why everyone is overreacting like that both are pretty weak substances in their own classes. To die you woyld have to take a. Lot more than that

Being a harm reduction Forum and all you don't have to agree with everyone but encouraging someone to quadruple the amount they have planned on taking and mixing with benzos is reckless. There's more to it than will he live through the first experience. My post was probably a bit to liberal to be honest.

I have a feeling your not going to let this go. Taco knows his shit and it's not likely that your going to die from 12mg of Codeine and 1/2 a Lorzie but you have to undertake something like this very seriously. It's not so much the 12-24mg of codeine with a small amount of Lorz but what it can lead to in say a month or two when you decide it's great and 200mg of codeine and 6mg of Lorazepam is just right. I wouldn't say it's like "should I try Heroin?" bad but not too far off if you realized nearly everybody in a bad place today began nearly right where you are now.

Save the 1/2 a Lorz with codeine for when you sprain your ankle or torque your back real bad where the need for relief is a little bit more justified and not just out of curiosity. If your still determined having someone with you is essential.

As far as Cold Water Extracting it's about as difficult as making coffee and worth it as the ibuprofen will probably make you sick especially on an empty stomach. There are other potentiation methods too like diphenhydramine or other first generation antihistamines that are far safer than benzos.

Here is the CWE thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/548643-Cold-Water-Extraction-Mega-Thread-amp-FAQ-v2-0

The point I was getting at is when you mix any of the two the results are always uncertain. Everybody's body is different and reacts to things differently . Thats all. Just was trying to keep them safe. I apologize if I was out of line

The point I was getting at is when you mix any of the two the results are always uncertain. Everybody's body is different and reacts to things differently . Thats all. Just was trying to keep them safe. I apologize if I was out of line

No I wasn't directing anything at you. I just think this idea is going to nag the op for awhile, and much like the anti-drug education in grade school that would make unrealistic claims about things like cannabis making you instantly retarded for the rest of your life leading one to disregard all other claims about drugs after learning the truth, I didn't want to be so overcautious as to make him believe that he would die then try it and forget everything that was said if it wasn't overly incapacitating.

Of course benzos and opiates are dangerous but at that level I think the addiction potential was as risky as the combining of the two in those amounts (12-24mg of C & 0.5 of Lorz). My tone would be much different if it was Hydromorphone and alprazolam as he might not be around long enough to worry about addiction. I guess I'm just having a hard time finding a middle ground on this one but your fine.

My point was also no one will know how compounds can synergize. This is a case where 1+1=3?

The long term dependency is a problem too.

Benzos and opioids in combination can be problematic for a lot of reasons, but 24mg of codeine combined with 0.5mg of lorazepam is probably going to be unproblematic unless the individual has some serious sensitivity to these kind of drugs.

If it becomes a habit that is another story, but in terms of one off use it's unlike to cause issues even with the synergy of benzos+opioids, as the doses are still in the generally therapeutic range. It's just highly unlikely someone would OD from combining a low dose of codeine with a low dose of lorazepam. Possible, but very unlikely. It is more likely with higher doses, but it's pretty hard to OD from codeine in the way someone OD's from heroin.

With codeine the real danger in terms of OD is the histamine reaction to high doses, not its effects as an opioid agonist. I mean, its effects as an opioid agonist are significant, but it's the how the histamine reaction can cause the airway to become swollen and closed off, preventing you from breathing. With other full agonist OD's breathing stops for different reasons than why it stops with a codeine OD. So the synergy of the benzo and opioid acting to suppress the breathing isn't as significant with low-moderate doses of codeine as it is with other full agonists like morphine, heroin or fentanyl.

All that said, I always preferred benzos and opioids alone, not together. I find lorazepam much more enjoyable when it is just lorazepam. Same with codeine, when it's just codeine (maybe combined with some DPH to help with the histamine reaction to higher doses of codeine).

yes I understand. After tacodude's warnings I won't mix Lorazepam with the Codeine and was reckless to do so.

Thanks for the CWE advice -I'm going to look into it. I'm aware of the risks of dependency, and am a kratom veteran, although I know it's not the same thing since Kratom is a natural substance.

Obviously nobody sets out to become dependent/addicted on anything, but right now I have no access to anything illegal and don't want to go back to the drink, so I thought I would give Codeine a try

Last edited:
Benzos and opioids in combination can be problematic for a lot of reasons, but 24mg of codeine combined with 0.5mg of lorazepam is probably going to be unproblematic unless the individual has some serious sensitivity to these kind of drugs.

If it becomes a habit that is another story, but in terms of one off use it's unlike to cause issues even with the synergy of benzos+opioids, as the doses are still in the generally therapeutic range. It's just highly unlikely someone would OD from combining a low dose of codeine with a low dose of lorazepam. Possible, but very unlikely. It is more likely with higher doses, but it's pretty hard to OD from codeine in the way someone OD's from heroin.

With codeine the real danger in terms of OD is the histamine reaction to high doses, not its effects as an opioid agonist. I mean, its effects as an opioid agonist are significant, but it's the how the histamine reaction can cause the airway to become swollen and closed off, preventing you from breathing. With other full agonist OD's breathing stops for different reasons than why it stops with a codeine OD. So the synergy of the benzo and opioid acting to suppress the breathing isn't as significant with low-moderate doses of codeine as it is with other full agonists like morphine, heroin or fentanyl.

All that said, I always preferred benzos and opioids alone, not together. I find lorazepam much more enjoyable when it is just lorazepam. Same with codeine, when it's just codeine (maybe combined with some DPH to help with the histamine reaction to higher doses of codeine).

thanks for the advice. I'll always start off low and see how I react when trying anything new

personally lorazepam doesn't do much for me on its own - I can't even notice an effect.

is CWE Codeine worth it, or is it too weak to have any pleasant effects? Kratom was always a bit hit-and-miss for me

CWE should be significantly nicer than most kratom buzzes, or if not extremely similar, at between 15-300mg of codeine. Be careful not to take more than 300mg codeine, as stuff at 400mg and above may cause a life threatening histamine reaction. But at 150-300mg it's very nice, which might make it slightly more sedating, but IMO seriously enhances the experience (for one thing it helps with some of codeine's side effects).

Now, CWE is as a technique hit or miss. Do a good bit of research on BL and on Erowid too, on how to do a proper CWE, the risks, how to deal with specific aspects of the process, etc. The process isn't that complicated, but it isn't self evident either.

Is CWE codeine worth it? It depends I guess. If you want to take an opioid, it's a viable option. You just need to make sure you educate yourself about how the process works and how to stay safe with it.

thanks, I'll do the research. I'm definitely not going to use codeine/paracetemol(acetominophen) pills because of the risk of liver damage. Fortunetely Codeine/Ibuprofen is pretty easy to get hold of, unless pharmacies become suspicious of people buying it in large quantities?

Being a harm reduction Forum and all you don't have to agree with everyone but encouraging someone to quadruple the amount they have planned on taking and mixing with benzos is reckless. There's more to it than will he live through the first experience. My post was probably a bit to liberal to be honest.
man like seriously codeine is really really weak a starting dose is like 120 mg 180 mg is just a good dose for a good buzz and 1mg of lora isn't that high either.I don't think he would have any problems with this combo. i always try to do the smallest dose for the benzo tho that's the shit that makes anyone black out.

Dude your post was deleted for a reason. It's best to start low... 120 mg of codeine is 4 doses. One should be fine for someone who is a kratom user at most. Stop coming in and pressing to increase the dose.

Also codeine is natural

Edit: get the Tylenol ones. If you do a cwe then you'll have no worries about the toxic nature as the cwe removes it, but not as well with ibprofun.

Thanks for the CWE advice -I'm going to look into it. I'm aware of the risks of dependency, and am a kratom veteran, although I know it's not the same thing since Kratom is a natural substance.

Two points: something being a natural substance doesn't mean it it is inherently less habit forming or problematic than synthetically developed compounds.

Taking drugs via plants is generally a lot less concentrated than synthetically produced drugs (compare the content of morphine and codeine in opium poppies to a patch of fentynal HCl), but just because something is natural it doesn't mean it isn't incredibly harmful (think of tobacco and how it can be more habit forming and harder to quite than heroin or cocaine - seems like it's about as hard to quite a serious tobacco use disorder as it would be a serious cocaine use disorder).

man like seriously codeine is really really weak a starting dose is like 120 mg 180 mg is just a good dose for a good buzz and 1mg of lora isn't that high either.I don't think he would have any problems with this combo. i always try to do the smallest dose for the benzo tho that's the shit that makes anyone black out.

This is more my experience, but there is a lot of variation out there with codeine. Some people can totally get off at 60mg, whereas it takes more like 200-300mg for others. There is a lot of variation out there, so suggestion someone start at 120mg isn't ideal. At the very least new users should always do an allergy test first, before trying to use it to get high. I agree that 30mg is best as the first dose for someone new, maximizing safety in every sense. I agree it will likely take significantly more for them to really feel or enjoy it, but like I said, lots of variation out there with new users.

Also codeine is natural

Again the natural bit. For some reason I find that sort of misleading. "Natural" is ambiguous, and something being natural doesn't necessarily make better or safer compared to synthetic drugs.

Generally speaking, it isn't is unusual for some natural psychoactive plant/animal based substances to be safer simply because they can be less concentrated in terms of psychoactive compounds than a pure gram of some synthetic compound, say pharmaceutical oxymorphone hcl. But there are also very harmful and potent natural substances (opium, tobacco, belladonna, even high potency THC cannabis plant (which is otherwise more on the benign side of things in terms of harmful effects) based products can be psychologically problematic for many users).

Natural substance can be just as harmful as any synthetic compounds that we've discovered IMO. I guess there is some debate around this point though, so don't feel like you can engage with what makes sense to folks on a personal level.

I'm just saying codeine is found in nature unlike say hydrocodone

Edit: also of course natural stuff can be more dangerous like Belladonna.

OK so I'm trying my first codeine/Ibuprofen Cold water extract, so I just want to check I'm not making any obvious mistakes

I'm using 6 Codeine/Ibu pills (12.8mg x 6 = 76.8mg codeine in total)

dissolved them in about 100ml cold water. Then filtered it through a coffee filter

the filtered liquid is not clear - it still has quite a lot of white sediment in it - is that OK? Or should I filter the liquid again through another filter?

I just want to check: it's the liquid I'm supposed to consume, not the residue left on the filter! (the residue is the Ibuprofen presumably?) Wouldn't want to get it mixed up 8o

Just be careful mixing the two. Take like 1/3 the amount of opioids as normal and go from there. Personally I don't find the two combined to be that great, just makes me sleepy and stupid. Just be careful if you get sleepy and stupid as benzos can lead you to some very regrettable choices. Be disciplined in your use and don't let the benzo voice in your head tell you what to do.

Also, have someone with you to make sure that if you od or something you're not screwed.

OK so I'm trying my first codeine/Ibuprofen Cold water extract, so I just want to check I'm not making any obvious mistakes

I'm using 6 Codeine/Ibu pills (12.8mg x 6 = 76.8mg codeine in total)

dissolved them in about 100ml cold water. Then filtered it through a coffee filter

the filtered liquid is not clear - it still has quite a lot of white sediment in it - is that OK? Or should I filter the liquid again through another filter?

I just want to check: it's the liquid I'm supposed to consume, not the residue left on the filter! (the residue is the Ibuprofen presumably?) Wouldn't want to get it mixed up 8o

Yes it's the liquid that's key, you can toss the sludge but try to squeeze out any trapped liquid or sprinkle just a tiny bit more water to catch the last 5-10mg of Codeine. The white tint can be Titanium Dioxide. If your concerned put it back in the freezer then look for more sludge on the bottom of the cup when it cools way down. Lots more sludge = filter again with 2 filters.

APAP: Roughly 1 gram per 100ml at room temperature; around 0.1-0.5 grams per 100ml if the temperature is lowered to around 22C.

Aspirin: Roughly 1 gram per 100ml at room temperature. Same at 22C.

Ibuprofen: Roughly 1 gram per 100ml at room temperature or less.