• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

New Brunswick, Canada to allow unlimited possession of Cannabis at home

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Yup, no limit. From a CBC article posted today -

'There will be no limit on how much users can keep at home, but the product must be stored in a locked container or locked room'.

If you want to go out and buy your 30g every day, then you could accumulate about 24 pounds in a year. Contrast that with the armpit of Canada (otherwise known as Manitoba) where the limit will be 30 g, even at home.

Tom

(really starting to hate living in Manitoba)

And yet they still insist on treating it like a firearm. Liquor and cigarettes and other common household poisons, to which deaths can directly be attributed, aren't given so much caution. Ah well, no sense preaching to the choir, hm?

Cheers to New Brunswick. I will take vacation there and encourage it as a destination just because of this decision even though it won't affect me.

I do laugh at the lock up laws. We should work in locking up aspirin and other baby killing drugs or at least not make laws out of emotional fears based on ignorance.

Emperor Justin just renegaded, saying he never said July 1 would be legalization date, even though he clearly said it... the one thing he was elected for, just think it had we voted for NDP we could have gotten universal healthcare ?

This sounds great but in reality it is not so. New Brunswick has chosen not to limit possession BEYOND what is going to be set by the FEDERAL LAW. Several weeks ago a portion of the Bill was found to be impractical and was removed from Bill-C45(Marijuana Legalization Bill), this was the section that would restrict home growers from growing plants larger than 1m tall.

This law was in place to limit the quantity that an individual could produce and therefore possess. Since the restriction on height has been removed, there has been a political push to limit possession to 90 or 120 grams per HOUSEHOLD! This would then force home growers to reduce their production, thus achieving the same result without forcing an impractical law pertaining to plant height. So the final governing laws would allow 4 plants per household and 90g or 120g per household ... remember also that 5g of fresh plant counts as 1g of dried plant! So your plants that will be growing will also be counted as part of your possession limit if/when the RC's come 'round!

Currently there has been no official statements regarding possession limits, but I would expect that the federal law will set a possession limit that will supersede the absence of a limit in New Brunswick.