• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

LivingDead Brand New Member With A Special Problem

LivingDead

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I am glad to be a member here at bluelight as I can already feel how friendly and helpful is everybody here, even though I only started to read through some of the forum's threads a couple of weeks ago.

I am here because I am seeking help in the form of advice and knowledge from those whom have been through what I am suffering now.

Firstly, I have been a drug addict for over 18 years, mainly on various forms of opiods and cannabis, which ended with me being a heroin addict for over 14 months now. I used to inject 3 grams of heroine a day during the past year or so (I wasn't injecting drugs before this year), and my superficial veins in my arms and legs gradually died until I started injecting into my left femoral vein. I injected in that vein for over 4 months at least 4-5 times per day and now it is impossible to get a syringe to register in my femoral vein so I stopped attempting to hit it around 5 days ago. I started feeling pain also on the medial side of my thigh with no swelling in my thigh or leg. Is my femoral vein already thrombosed? and do I need medical interference already.

The problem is I have a special situation that would lead to termination of my career if I am diagnosed with femoral vein thrombosis which is obviously a result of drug injection.

I would love to hear from people who injected heroin in their femoral vein too, because their experience would help me too much

If the pain doesn't go away and it gets worse/swollen, then I suggest you should see someone. Are there free clinics in your country? Or places where they give out needles and you're able to ask questions?

Aww LivingDead :( Both your name and your story make me a bit sad.

I honestly hope you don't feel like you're literally living dead. Because you're certainly not alone with your experiences here at Bluelight.

I recommend you start a thread in Basic Drug Discussion to pick the brains of folks there about similar experiences. You could also ask in the Recovery Support Forums where there are a lot of recovering addicts.

Please take care of yourself. I really hope to see you posting around, asking questions and letting others help you where they can :)

Best,
CFC

A country where they give out needles? Nah. I am in a country where a pharmacy won't sell you syringes if they suspect that you will use them to inject drugs. I am in a 3rd world country, no free clinics and the problem with seeking medical advice now, when things didn't worsen, is that I will lose my job for sure. Thanks for stopping by Beefy :)

Aww LivingDead :( Both your name and your story make me a bit sad.

I honestly hope you don't feel like you're literally living dead. Because you're certainly not alone with your experiences here at Bluelight.

I recommend you start a thread in Basic Drug Discussion to pick the brains of folks there about similar experiences. You could also ask in the Recovery Support Forums where there are a lot of recovering addicts.

Please take care of yourself. I really hope to see you posting around, asking questions and letting others help you where they can :)

Best,
CFC

I really appreciate your sympathy. I am going through much, especially that I live totally alone, no friends at this point, a lot of stresses including my addiction, the fear of getting DVT or pulmonary embolism from femoral vein injections and the struggle to be able to work to pay for my drugs, pay my bills and monthly child-support (I am a divorced dude).

I went from a man who had everything, to a man who has nothing and started witnessing the beginning of the end as his body is starting to develop fatal pathology secondary to his drug using habits.

I always had control over my drug usage for over 12 years, but through the past year I went through too much and had severe depression which made me dive deep into heroin (the most aggressive drug one can get in my country) and that's when everything started to collapse.

I can't talk about my problems to anyone in the real world, so it is really a relief to be able to share my problems with you here.

Thanks again for your caring and sympathy :)