View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM - What gives?

harlemspikes

Bluelighter
To make a long story short, I’m a heavy opiate user with a huge tolerance who’s trying DXM primarily to alleviate withdrawal symptoms, but I’m also curious about its dissociative properties. It was recommended to me by a very helpful and experienced Bluelight member that I try DXM, so, per their instructions, I purchased a cough syrup containing ONLY DXM HBr as the active ingredient (Vick’s Formula 44), cleared a day, and drank up on an empty stomach. I took exactly 210 mg one hour ago and feel *nothing* except some weird prickly heat on my back, and mild heartburn/somewhat gross feeling in stomach, presumably from all the high fructose corn syrup (there is no sorbitol or any other “warned against” ingredients in this syrup).

Do I need to take more? The bottle contained a total of 354 mg DXM (15 mg/15 ml in the 354 ml bottle) so I have 144 mg left. I’m a female in my early 30s of average/athletic build. I unfortunately am cursed with the tendency to have a ridiculously high tolerance for EVERYTHING, opiates especially (but that I built up over years of abuse and overly high mg Suboxone maintenance). I don’t want to reach, like, the 4th plateau or whatever, but since I was taking it for withdrawals, anyway, I figured it might be cool to experience some dissociative effects.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would say you're probably ok to take the remainder right away. It's good that you started low but it's clear that you have some reasonable tolerance, I would go for at least the full bottle at once next time.

Syrup will wreak havoc on your GI though so if you're planning on using this frequently at all, I'd recommend sourcing some of the pure HBr powder. It's dirt cheap and fully legal so it shouldn't pose any substantial issues to order.

Moxious, thanks for your reply. Wish I’d read it sooner. I instead opted to just leave it be for the day. I did (about an hour after this post) experience some *very* mild loopiness and feelings of being a little detached—plus some odd vision, not blurred or doubled and certainly not “visuals”...I’m not really sure how to describe it except that things looked as they are, but also weird and almost...slightly jiggly? Lol. I don’t know. But at this point I think I’d need way more DXM to re-dose. I still have the remaining 144 mg which I’ll probably just use in smaller quantities (60 mg or so) to offset opiate withdrawal. However, I may try an all-out trip on DXM some day in the future when my Suboxone/opiate worries are behind me.

Assuming you’re an experienced DXM user, what dosage do you think would give me some dissociative effects? I used to LOVE ketamine when I was a teenager...I had several out of body experiences on it and my most religious experience ever. I never fell into a bad K hole or felt afraid at all. I miss that shit, haha. Is DXM like that?

I'd say go for 350mg. we could help you more if we knew your weight. if you want to give that out...

dxm is very different than ketamine ime.

whynaught Also, interesting about DXM being very diffferent than K. What do you find to be the biggest differences? I had this amazing trip on ketamine from Japan one New Year’s Eve. I just laid face down on my friend’s bed and closed my eyes. There was this rush and I instantly went to Egypt and could see the stars and smell the night air and feel the wind blowing specks of sands on my face, and the whole time I was, like, up in the air above the moonlit pyramids. Then, I went to the top of this enormous cathedral where there was this “Om”-like hum reverberating through and permeating everything, and all these crystalline stained-glass windows, and I felt as if I knew the answer to every question in the world and everything was in perfect balance and harmony and I knew that everything is always the way it should be. There was more but it was truly sublime and, like I said, my most religious experience ever. Also had those cool out of body experiences where I could see myself from the ceiling.

Ketamine is hallucinogenic in a traditional way. Very psychedelic. Dxm is sensory distortions like flanging stobing virtigo bizzarre thought visuals and shit like that. Ill have to take some this weekend and get back to you its been forever.

Whynaught, Lol, sorry, but you’re the second person who’s told me it’s like being retarded. I don’t know if I would like that feeling...I kind of understand what you mean in a VERY tiny way, though, just from my brief flirtation with it today. I could just *feel* that there was a lot more power to it than I was harnessing and that if I took a lot more, I was going to go somewhere else. I almost felt like I was on a precipice and that if I took more I’d fall off and lose control, but at the same time, i still had all my faculties about me even though I was a little loopy and my pupils were dilated as f*ck.

You K experiences sound amazing...especially the documentary part and the DNA thing. I’m studying genetics right now, actually, and that would be pretty f*cking awesome of a third helix made of lights could cure all genetic ailments (and therefore, pretty much all ailments, period)! I can’t imagine the havoc that must have wreaked on your body, though, having taken that much over that long of a time with no sleep.

Mine were so much cooler and more intense than I can put into words. I do remember during that whole Egypt K-hole that it was the only time in my life I ever felt the presence of “God,” or rather, and more accurately, I felt as if I WAS God. But not just me...more like that EVERYTHING is God, and that’s the universal answer we’re all missing and killing each other over. I felt completely all-knowing and at peace. It was utterly incredible. I’d cut off a limb with a butter knife to go back and live in that place. Miss those K days. It’s impossible to find now where I live.

If I do decide to go for the DXM thing someday, maybe I’ll buy the powder. Drinking all that syrup was not pleasant and not great GI-wise.

Is DXM the only legal dissociative out there? I’m missing my K days now. Maybe I’ll try DXM sooner than I anticipated, but I’d want an experience more similar to K, if there is one out there.

Oh, maybe that wasn’t you, whynaught, who posted the message about their K experience. It appears somehow that one was deleted? I’m confused.

Just did it again! Im trying 600mg this weekend. Maybe we could tiny chat? U wanna e trip? Eh cool if not

That’s super weird, because I read your post and then it was just gone. Could a moderator be deleting them for some reason? I don’t get it.

Whynaught, I guess bc I’m a greenlighter it will only let me send one private message per “180 minutes.” Ridiculous! So I hope you see this and know that I’m not ignoring you, it just won’t allow me to reply since I already sent one response. Sorry! I will write back tomorrow.

Re: DXM vs K they are very different beasts. I can relate to the 'retarded' feeling but it is more pleasant than it sounds. I've always likened DXM to a sort of trippy drunk, even though I generally don't enjoy getting drunk. I do like DXM though.

DXM is certainly the most ubiquitous legal dissociative, but there are a number of research chemicals that may be up your alley, there are threads for all the good ones available so you can sort through and compare against what you're after.

If you do end up going for DXM and grab some powder, be forewarned that it will almost certainly still make you puke, but probably only once and probably only out of that end.

I'm jealous of your K-hole experiences though, need to get me some of those. I don't think I've ever actually holed yet, maybe slightly on MXE but nothing so vivid as you describe.