• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid to mix with Oxycodone or not

Beauzo

Greenlighter
Hey all first time posting, New Years is coming up and I plan on taking some oxycodone for the first time, they are 5mg pills I was going to insufflate one and take another one or two orally and I am wondering if it is worth mixing with 4mg of dilaudid (insufflated). I am slightly experienced with dilaudid, 4mg gives me a nice relaxed buzz but not overwhelming at all. Now my main concern is that I will be wasting the dilaudid, will the oxycodone override the dilaudid buzz or is it a worthwhile combination, any input is appreciated,
thank you

Hi and welcome to Bluelight! I find oxycodone to be a little stimulating by itself in low doses like 5-10 mg. Taking with dilaudid would likely make me nod. I would be careful mixing them because they are both central nervous system depressants and you have no tolerance to oxy. If you're looking to have a good time at new year party, I would recommend starting at 5 mg oxy and see how you feel. Nausea can be a side effect as well so start low. You could always take more later.

I think if anything it would be the opposite, the dilaudid would overpower the oxy. But I’m not not very knowledgeable on how opioids of different strengths interact, or how they compete with each other for space on your opioid receptors. So my recommendation has nothing to do with chemistry or expertise.

My thoughts:

You obviously have some experience and some tolerance, given that you’ve had fun with dilaudid before. That’s not an easy chem to find, it’s been years since I’ve come across that on the streets. So you’re not a novice.

Even still, my advice would be to take them separate.

Not only for safety reasons, which is a big deal here.

But also because they’re both great drugs. Enjoy each of them on their own. Whether it’s an actual “waste” or not is semantics and up for debate, at least in my personal opinion. I mean somebody with the chemistry and/or biology knowledge may be able to give a factual answer as to whether it’s a “waste”. But I’m not that somebody.

I would consider it a non-scientific waste though, if that makes sense.

Take my layman’s advice for what it’s worth. If my answer even makes sense (I’m a little high right now). Be safe and enjoy! :)

Thanks you all for your responses, I'll take your advice and see how the oxycodone goes on it own, it makes sense to feel the full affects of a new substance before mixing it with something else, thanks again I'm glad I joined bluelight, cheers