• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

My Story. Please help. Opiate withdraw or something wrong?

NoKilla

Greenlighter
A few months back I was buying Percocet 10s from a friend at work to make me feel good and produce better. Well I went to a pain clinic and lied to get Percocet. They ended up giving me 7.5/325 taken twice daily which was perfect for me. By the time the second worn off I was in bed. One Saturday I woke up and threw up but didn't think anything of it. Kept taking the Percocet and felt better. Oh and I was taking 2 5 hour shots and a red bull each day ( split up of course ). Another week as passed and I got sick again on Saturday. Threw up and this time it wanted to be violent but nothing. Then I felt a tare or rip in the upper right quadrant and a barely noticeable streak of blood came out. So I didn't think much of it had to get to work. Tuesday comes around and I am in pain. So I go to the emergency room and they said possible colitis and gave me a bunch of stuff ( Flagyl, Cipro, stuff for nausea) . I went home and took one antibiotic. Heart was pounding went back to ER. They took me off the Cipro thinking that was it. Went home and took the flagyl. Well same thing. Shortly after heart racing went back to ER. Finally I got a doctor who listened to everything and said nothing matched and gave me .5 xanax for withdrawals because I stopped taking the Percocet that Tuesday Nov 28th. And I have used 1 .5mg Xanax the first night. Next couple of nights I've been good no need. No sleep really and can't eat but didn't think Xanax would help. I am now day 12 in with no Percocet after about a month and a half of taking them just to get high. I cannot sleep. I cannot eat hardly. I started taking a chewable vitamin that has a bunch of stuff to hopefully help. But I have no desire to eat and I know I need too. I have this brain fog or lack of interest in everything. I've cried more times in the last week then I ever had in my life. I have no primary doctor and no one to get answers from unless the ER. So I am seeking guidance.

Tuesday 11/28 Went to hospital due to stomach pain. I did not take any Percocet since this day.

Thursday 11/30 back in hospital with pounding heart.
Saturday 12/1 Went to ER with pounding heart.
Monday 12/3 Went back to ER with pounding heart and doctor says he does not think I need antibiotics or colitis. He thinks just a small inflammation IBS. But didn't fit the symptoms. So he gave me the .5 xanax.

Through the week it was off and on but I am so afraid to take Xanax dud to addiction that I'm literally scared. So I broke it in half. ( 2x .25mg Xanax) and I took one the other night to help and one last night to help. Am I gonna get addicted ? Or is it safe to take off and on when needed for a week or two ? Specially such a small dose?

I eat Clif Bars when possible. Had a couple bites of steak yesterday.

Today I had a clif bar for breakfast ( makes me feel normal for an hour ) and a hershey chocolate bar with almonds. And a banana.

I drink lots of water to the point my urine is pale yellow. But that's about it. I walk 13000 steps a day.

I've had no caffeine and no Percocet for 12 days now.

Any suggestions? Will I be okay?

I should add that I've been smoking marijuana every 2 hours for the last sum odd years without skipping a beat. Now I can hardly smoke. Gives me head tingles or something does and I don't like that feeling

The withdrawal symptoms usually subsides about 7 days. The insomnia last from anywhere from day 5days- 1 month. But being that you were on a low dose for not too long. It sounds like you have should flu like symptoms, increase in blood pressure, stomach issues, bowel movements.

I would ride this thing out since your almost at the end. You can do this!

I recommend not getting any more pain meds, over time they dont make you feel productive, energy, social, euphoric any more. They will make you feel sober in order to function a day at work.

My 15mg habit became 60mg in no time, and that turned into 300mg even quicker. dont wait till your at rock bottom to realize you should stop.

Thank you for the response. It has helped me put ease to my mind. I just want to be normal again. If I knew this was the cause of feeling good I wpuld of never done it. Nor do I ever want to touch the junk again.

Am I safe taking .25mg Xanax at night ( 1 a night ) for a week or So? Or will I be at risk for seizures?

And I do have stomach stuff. Cant eat. Watery stools. And my head is about all I have left.

Keep googling and googling things and I guess I'm worrying myself

Sounds to me like it's opiate withdrawal. Everything you mention is pretty common WD symptoms. The symptoms started upon cessation of opioids?

You should be fine taking Xanax for a week or two. That is a relatively low dose as well. Unless you are already vulnerable to seizure, I don't think it will put you at risk. I would be careful taking it much longer than 2 weeks though.

Hang in there, you should be in the clear in another week or so.

Yeah all this started after my last dose. I just so happen to get sick with a stomach bug I guess as well and the combo has taken me for a ride these last 13 days. I'm at a Primary Care doctor this morning to make sure my levels are okay since I'm not eating right. God I want this to end so badly

So Primary said the same thing. Opiate withdrawal is a hell of a thing and I should expect thing for another 2 weeks. Vitals and everything were good so I guess no damage done from not eating. Thoughts are better now that I have seen the primary and been talking on here. Still hardly any sleep and I hope that changes soon. Would love to get some sleep and eat

If the stomach issues are still occurring, go to the grocery store and some loperamide. Brand name immoduim. Try 2mg-8mg first to gauge how much you need.

During my detox i was just about up for 9 days till i got 4.5 hours of sleep. i would try to get a banana in you before bed, and some magnesium supplements. And 30 minutes before bed, take a hot shower, or a bath in epson salts. I think the whole sleep thing is normal during withdrawals.

Im on day 23 and i only get 4-5 hours a night. but ive accepted it.

Day 16 and day 17 so much better. Felt like yesterday everything was lifted off my shoulders. I could breath. No anxiety. Starving like hell. I've been stuffing my face and enjoying stuff. I hope this means PAWs is over

Great job! I remember that feeling, when I finally felt good again. :) I'd say don't even worry about/think about PAWS. Remember that you'll have good days and bad days, and that's normal. That used to trip me up for a while, I'd have a low-energy day, or a day where I felt anxious, or whatever, and I'd think, oh man, I'm still not back to normal. After a while I remembered that, in fact, everyone experiences highs and lows, it's part of life. Some days just aren't great. But they're all better than when I was a slave to opiates. :)