• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine and back of throat

rynn01

Greenlighter
Hey everyone! I have a quick question. I friend told me that a friend of there's has messed you his nose so much, that he just inhales it through his mouth. I was wondering if this is a waste or if its actually absorbed this way? Ive done it a few times when my nose says it's done and it definitely numbs the back of my mouth and throat, but I was curious for others opinions.

I notice that when I inhale something too hard through the nose that most of it lands way back in the throat (or whatever that area is called).

It still works this way but I don't think absorption is as quick or complete as it would be through the nasal membranes.

When you snort properly, the drug absorbs through the nasal membranes. When you snort too hard (or inhale through the mouth, as you are asking) The drug will coat the back of the throat and will enter the lungs.

So the drug will absorb through 3 ways with varying levels of speed/effectiveness: Some will absorb through the throat, Most will drip down into the stomach, and some will absorb in the lungs (similar to smoking/vaporizing). It won't be as effective as properly snorting since most of it will drip into the stomach.

That was what I was thinking. But when I do it that way, it's a small amount and I try not to inhale too hard. So why is sublingual considered the second best way to do it? That's what made me wonder if it could be another way without getting into the smoking or injecting. I don't want to do either of those.

Sublingual should work because there are lots of small blood vessels close to the surface underneath and around the tongue. That's why lots of people dose all sorts of things sublingually.

So Sublingual cocaine should work well but I doubt it'll be as good as nasal.

Might not be so good for the teeth to be constantly applying cocaine's in the mouth though...