• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

long time visitor/new member

jetties

Greenlighter
I have always appreciated the non-judgemental, insightful, and helpfulness of the BL community.

there are a few reasons why I decided to join.

One being I'm a recovering addict who attends the methadone clinic.BUT.... It's not always easy to stay and remain off other drugs.

I have done 11 years now at the clinic. (Both my husband and I)
My DOC was heroin and Oxys (oxycontin), or percs, fentanyl patches, etc.

My second DOC was coke and crack. Until I started shooting coke. Then smoking crack became very rare bc shooting it was my #1 ROA

After getting into the clinic I had some slips with coke. Never opiates, but none the less, a slip up.

I recently started "dabbling" with Meth within the last month or so.
ROA: snorting. And only snorting thus far

Idk why this has happened, as there we're no warning signs of an impending slip.

And.... I had only ever done meth once prior. And it was 12 years ago. But, it is what it is
I guess.

Current meds that are RX'd:
1. 130mg methadone (I attend the clinic once a month and get a months worth of take home bottles)

2.Vyvanse- 70mg in the am and 30mg for the afternoon
Switches between that and adderall every few months

3. Klonopin- prescribed 3mg a day, but I only take .25 to
.5 and only at bedtime. Weaned self down overtime

? on days that I use meth, I don't take my prescribed ADHD meds. (Bc that makes it healthier right? Lol) ?

? I do concider using meth a "slip up" in my recovery. I'm not trying to justify it by saying, "Well- it helps my ADHD." And..."I only do one line a day and that's it, and I sleep at the end of the day." ... Or...... "But I'm tired bc I'm a new mom running on little sleep, and that ONE line helps me get done what I need to do, and I still function normally!" -yeah I may say those things... But I KNOW it doesn't make it right and I know it doesn't justify my using. And I KNOW it's very addictive. I'm thinking it's more like a "phase" and I'll be fine.

?I like listening to others, and helping ppl with their problems. I give good advice and I'm very empathetic to others. I'm a proud?Pisces, and I attribute my personality to bring a pisces.
??I'm also Italian. And yes, I have a short ?fuse?and can get really crazy mad if one fucks me over, ? or messes with mamas babies!
But I really am sweet. Usually haha.

Well.... Glad to finally be A PART OF the community, instead of just quietly visiting ?

'Til Next Time!
P's. The "?" Marks showed up instead of a bullet point thing. Sorry! Idk why it happened like that

Last edited:
Hey jetties, nice intro and well done for getting (mostly) clean lol!! :)

Hope to see you posting around the forums. Head over to the Recovery Support Forums if you need some help getting more sober rather than high ;)

Take care!
CFC

Greetings Jetties!!! I too just joined bluelight but have looked to the community for masses of advice for years. I’m struggling with heroin addiction currently and trying to find motivation to stay/get clean. Congrats on your progress! Glad to hear it- hope I can do the same.