• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

About Me

dwagner0402

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!

I am new to joining BL, but I have used the valuable information this forum provides many times throughout my seven year long battle with opioid addiction. I am not ten months clean, and wanted to join so that I might share my knowledge with others as well. I just wanna thank everyone here and the creator of this site. It is amazing. Harm reduction is my gig!

Hey dwagner! Welcome to Bluelight, great to see you join up :)

That's fantastic about getting clean, really! Please drop into the Recovery Support Forums when you get a chance to check those out, especially sober living.

Hope to see you around mate!
CFC

Wow! ?congratulations!!! ?!!! How are you feeling?
Can I ask what you were using? Did you go CT or did you follow a weaning schedule or some program to get clean?

Not Easy

Wow! ?congratulations!!! ?!!! How are you feeling?
Can I ask what you were using? Did you go CT or did you follow a weaning schedule or some program to get clean?

It was not easy. I am around ten months clean from a seven year long opioid addiction. For the first four years I was prescribed hydrocodone ten MG. And then all of a sudden my doctor booted me as a patient because I called in my script four days early. I began buying pills on the street, morphine, hydro, oxy, opana, methadone... never made it to heroin.

I live in a very rural area and there is only ONE doctor in the 100 mile radius from my home that prescribes suboxone, and none that prescribe methadone. And the program the doctor runs is always full. I called every month for nearly 7 months trying to get in before I began purchasing suboxone on the street. I took the COWS test myself, and then induced myself and followed my own taper. I jumped at .25MG of SUB. But it was not easy.

I now host and produce a weekly podcast on iTunes. PM me if you want the link to the show.