• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

When to take adderall for study/exam?

greenbean742

Greenlighter
Hey all, so in a couple days I have an exam coming up, but it's not till 8 pm. I have a 30 mg adderall ir and normally it lasts me the good 5-6 hours. I've never really had any bad comedowns, the usual sluggishness/irritability. I was gonna take one the day of to study for the exam beforehand, but I'm not sure whether to take it really early (like 8 am) or take it at like 4 pm or 4:30 and keep on studying and then I'll still be on it during the exam. I have never taken addy tho before an exam, only to strictly study.. should I be recovered for the exam (not feeling sluggish/irritable etc) if I take it at 8 am? What do you guys think?

Cheers for any help!

I have a lot of experience using amphetamine, specifically Adderall, for many reasons. This is a tough question since the exam is in the evening and Adderall causes insomnia in most. If you take it at 8 am, you will most likely be 'turned off' and struggling mentally by 8 pm.
If insomnia is not an issue for you and you are currently well-rested, here are two options:
8 AM -- 30mg, then 7 PM -- 30mg
or
4 PM -- 30mg, then 7/8 PM -- 15mg

The trend in the general student population's Adderall use, so I have heard, involves taking a dose to study, and then taking another dose for the exam itself to "channel" what was absorbed by re-entering the same chemically-focused headspace.