Coming off TRT

D_K1984

Bluelighter
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this but I thought I'd ask anyhow.

I've been on TRT for about two years now. Now when my test were done I was heavy into opiates and didn't work out at all. Come January I'll no longer be able to afford the injections due to my insurance being taken away. Hopefully only temporarily. I'll have my last doctor's visit on the 27th where they'll draw blood to see how it's improved since last time (about 6 months ago). Since then I've stopped taking opiates (about a month or more. Honestly lost track), cleaned my diet up, and started exercising on a regular basis.

To my question. I know things aren't instant and it's going to take awhile to recover from drug abuse and neglecting my body. What I wanted to know is do you think doing these things will rebuild my natural testosterone or am I screwed since I've been on TRT for awhile?

I'm going to move this over to the PED subsection. The guys over there can provide you with a lot more information.

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this but I thought I'd ask anyhow.

I've been on TRT for about two years now. Now when my test were done I was heavy into opiates and didn't work out at all. Come January I'll no longer be able to afford the injections due to my insurance being taken away. Hopefully only temporarily. I'll have my last doctor's visit on the 27th where they'll draw blood to see how it's improved since last time (about 6 months ago). Since then I've stopped taking opiates (about a month or more. Honestly lost track), cleaned my diet up, and started exercising on a regular basis.

To my question. I know things aren't instant and it's going to take awhile to recover from drug abuse and neglecting my body. What I wanted to know is do you think doing these things will rebuild my natural testosterone or am I screwed since I've been on TRT for awhile?

Hypogonadism is frequently seen with opioid use and can occur quickly; however, it is generally considered reversible, in most cases..
Opioids indirectly inhibit secretion of GnRH by the hypothalamus, thereby reducing downstream production of gonadal hormones..

Opioids may also cause adrenal insufficiency, reducing androgen production by the adrenal glands. Deficiency in dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), an adrenal precursor to testosterone production...
Unfortunately opioids were also found to induce apoptosis of leydig cells, which we know can directly inhibit testosterone synthesis...

Recovery in each case should be dependent upon leydig cell damage, (if indeed this has occurred), also allow enough time for TRT hormones to clear from blood to initiate sufficient hypothalamic response via GnRH, LH, FSH etc..
Good diet with sufficient healthy fats, plus exercise is positive way forward to start, unfortunately these things can take time..

I think exercise will certainly help. Are you able to get hold of any SERMs like clomiphene? That might help boost your natural test levels for as long as you're able to take it. Quite a few former opiate users have done pretty well on it, and some have written about their experiences in here I think.

If you can source it from a reputable company, enclomiphene, the active isomer of clomiphene (Clomid), will give you the same LH boost with no annoying mood swings from the useless isomer acting as estrogen in your CNS.
You need to use half dose compared to Clomid, obviously.
I have tried both and I don't think I'll be buying Clomid again.