Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Safe combo/interactions?

SpacemanTwister

Greenlighter
Hey,

I'd really appreciate any and all input regarding these possible drug combos. I need to know what drugs are safe or not to take with my current medication etc.

I am currently prescribed:

Fluoxetine (Prozac) 40 mg daily
Quetiapine (Seroquel) 25-50mg daily
Omeprazole daily

Also, if relevant, I can miss a day or 2 (probably more) of the quetiapine/seroquel without consequence. I'm not sure if I am physically dependent on it or not.

I also take:

Kratom 5-10 grams daily
Phenibut approx 3 grams one day a week (max)

I am currently starting to lower my kratom dose and within a month or 2 will not be taking it everyday.
I am not dependent on Phenibut and obviously do not have to take it if there are any interaction problems.

So which drugs can I safely take from the list below:

Lyrica/pregabalin
Benzos (e.g. clonazepam etc)
3FPM
Ketamine
MXE
Modafanil/Modafiendz
Etizolam
1p Lsd
6apb
Dxm

I am aware that it is not safe to take mdma with my current medication (I.e risk of serotonin syndrome). I think it may be the same for 6apb and Dxm.

Disclaimer I'm not planning on going full throttle bingeing on any of these drugs. I consider myself a responsible drug user and want to stay as safe as possible.

Trying to utfse isn't turning up all the info I need as well as some unreliable and contradictory advice.

Please share any relevant information.

Many thanks

ST

Last edited:
Note to mods:

I have already made this thread in the Basic Drug Discussion Forum of BL. I am aware that posting same thread in different sections goes against the bl etiquette, but I was hoping this could stay here in EADD a while too and then if needed be merged with the original thread in bdd??

Also I am UK based and am aware there are some knowledgeable eadd 'ers who might be able to give me advice.

I just want to indulge in some of the drugs listed- rarely but also safely.

All advice (anecdotal, educated guess and most importantly evidence based) appreciated

Thanks

ST

Last edited:
We can't answer that. The list of meds you want to cross with your scripts are highly variable from person to person when combined. It would be irresponsible. In short, you're on your own.

We can't answer that. The list of meds you want to cross with your scripts are highly variable from person to person when combined. It would be irresponsible. In short, you're on your own.

Thanks for your response.

Your answer does surprise me though. I thought there was knowledge about how certain drugs interacted with certain other drugs e.g. I am pretty sure it's not advisable that anyone on an ssri shouldn't risk taking mdma- I thought there was a risk for most people and not just an individual thing.

Another example- I thought that anybody who was on an ssri could consume weed without worry of dangerous interaction. Whether or not it suits them is obviously a different and individual manner.

Another example- I thought it known that people generally shouldn't mix massive opiate doses with a lot of alcohol.

Another instance, although being on an ssri and low dose quetiapine my gp had no problems stating that I could drink reasonable amounts on alcohol.

I have to echo most of this... The sheer number of variables are nigh-on impossible to reconcile.

However, in the interests of HR I will point out that you should cross off 1P-LSD, 6-APB and DXM from your possibilities immediately whilst you are on an SSRI. I personally nearly died from Serotonin Syndrome (not the "Wow!!! I was so high I though I was gonna die, dude!!!" kind but the actually really real for deadly real actually nearly dead version) combining some closely related drugs. And I can guarantee you do not want to follow me down that road so at the very least skip the Prozac for a day or two either side if using any of those in any combination.

AFAIK the others are not overly concerning but this is but one opinion so listen closely to the above direct personal near-fatal experience and see what others more knowledgeable have to add to any of the other possibilities.

But also realise nobody here could conceivably give you - or anybody - a "safelist" when so many variables are involved. Best advice is probably to always work up slowly and never let yourself be tricked into thinking prior experience makes you immune to future risky combos (speaking specifically about SSRI combos as that is what I have experience of and did eventually come a cropper after a number of "really? it was fine last time i did it" attempts at proving exemptions to rarely proven rules).

Thanks for your reply Shambles

I am going to give the pregabalin a go next time I get the opportunity. I do not think there is any real danger with pregabalin + ssri. I will start off with a very low dose and won't take any kratom or quetiapine on at least that one day.

I am very curious about trying the 3fpm but I'll not risk that one.

Thanks for your reply Shambles

I am going to give the pregabalin a go next time I get the opportunity. I do not think there is any real danger with pregabalin + ssri. I will start off with a very low dose and won't take any kratom or quetiapine on at least that one day.

I am very curious about trying the 3fpm but I'll not risk that one.

To be honest mate, I'd forget about the 3fpm anyway - not because of any possible adverse reactions with your meds, simply because it's an absolute pile of wank these days (IME at least). On paper, 3fpm has negligible serotonergic activity, so should be fine in combination with SSRIs. However, 3fpm seems to be one of the most highly adulterated RCs available. When it was first released, it was a totally different beast to how it is now and was definitely serotonergic. I'm convinced that the vendors were chucking all manner of banned cathinones and other shit in there to create another market, and to get rid of old stock. In short, it used to be good, but now it isn't. So don't take the chance, just in case you get the 'good' stuff...

Last edited:
I took ketamine and am having an awful experience with my heart racing. I took a few oxy (may have a slight problem 50mgs a day) to see if that helped as well as kolonopin but like 36 hours ago on a plane to china (where i am now). I also take lexapro and have hbp and have had panic attacks (reason for kolonopin). Sorry for the multiple post as I posted a longer one, but on an old thread and i am slightly desparate. Sorry in advance but any thoughts would be helpful. I think either bad ketamine, panic attack, kolonopin in system, opiate withdrawal or some of all four. I am a mess at the moment if you cant tell. I am new sorry in advance for all mistakes including and especially double posting. I will read rules and take one down. sorry.

I took ketamine and am having an awful experience with my heart racing. I took a few oxy (may have a slight problem 50mgs a day) to see if that helped as well as kolonopin but like 36 hours ago on a plane to china (where i am now). I also take lexapro and have hbp and have had panic attacks (reason for kolonopin). Sorry for the multiple post as I posted a longer one, but on an old thread and i am slightly desparate. Sorry in advance but any thoughts would be helpful. I think either bad ketamine, panic attack, kolonopin in system, opiate withdrawal or some of all four. I am a mess at the moment if you cant tell. I am new sorry in advance for all mistakes including and especially double posting. I will read rules and take one down. sorry.

Mate, I think the best thing to do would be to get medical assistance asap, just in case. You sound like you need help and there's not much we can do for you online. Try to keep calm by concentrating on your breathing. This will steady your heart rate and reduce the feelings of panic and anxiety. If this doesn't help then don't hesitate to call the emergency services. It's better to be safe than sorry...

No I am ok. I will be fine. Thanks for concern @F.U.B.A.R. I will just go to sleep and be fine. I took a kolonopin and am feeling better. I will just sleep. I am absolutely fine. Plus I have been to a Chinese hospital in the middle of the night once for food poisoning and I am better off posting to you guys.

Sorry for being dramatic. when i posted before on the original thread it was worse. i am better and with a good night sleep will be fine

Last edited:
I think it was mostly in my head also. I should have just taken the kolonopin and been done with it. I just wanted to read here it was ok and being in another country fs with your head a little. Not that this should not be a wakeup call in general. Just writing all I took is disturbing.

To be honest mate, I'd forget about the 3fpm anyway - not because of any possible adverse reactions with your meds, simply because it's an absolute pile of wank these days (IME at least). On paper, 3fpm has negligible serotonergic activity, so should be fine in combination with SSRIs. However, 3fpm seems to be one of the most highly adulterated RCs available. When it was first released, it was a totally different beast to how it is now and was definitely serotonergic. I'm convinced that the vendors were chucking all manner of banned cathinones and other shit in there to create another market, and to get rid of old stock. In short, it used to be good, but now it isn't. So don't take the chance, just in case you get the 'good' stuff...

Thanks, you're probably right about the vendors throwing fuckknowswhat in their product. I do actually have a bag of 3 from the earlier days of it's release from what I took to be decent enough vendor but I'm not going to risk it all the same. Other poster's online have said of a possible serotonin risk.

Fubar, anyone: would I be correct in thinking that the main danger of taking any recreational drug on top of my medication comes from dangerous ssri interaction? And not so much the quetiapine (seroquel) of which I have no problem in missing a day or two.

Udogg, I hope you're feeling better and sorry I can't offer you any advice.

ST