• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Depakote v. Latuda

RedDucki63

Greenlighter
Anyone have experience of the two? I was taking latuda and I liked it. However my ins. is only covering depakote.
1. Howd you feel on either
2. Whats the major difference
3. Whats the similarity
4. What do you think is better
5. What did you take with it?

I've only had depakote in detox but Latuda is still under patent and it's expensive as shit which is probably why your insurance won't cover it. Out of pocket prices are a grand. No exaggeration. Ridiculous.

Talk to your doctor, your doctor just has to provide documentation to the insurance company that you've tried a generic substitution but you respond better to the original name brand. My doctor had to do this to get my Latuda covered but I did have to spend a month taking a different med.
I think substituting depakote and Latuda is really odd because they aren't very similar. In fact I take them together, the Depakote as a mood stabilizer and the Latuda for bipolar depression. I like both meds a lot but the side effects are very different. Depakote took an adjustment period, it hit me like a horse tranquilizer. But after about two weeks I saw a huge improvement in my mood, basically it keeps me from being an irritable bitch. Latuda on the other hand gives me energy, not like a stimulant or anything but I wake up without feeling groggy or drugged and I have more motivation and I'm generally happier.

Do u know if you can take latuda and hydrocodone to Heather I can't find anything on line about it

I also took Depakote in rehab but didn't like it-bad wrist pain and constant bloodwork..my Doc has me on Abilify and Latuda and its much better. I still get aggressive but its because I just started Latuda and am slowly ramping up my dose. I hope the Latuda keeps me from getting manic......

JJ

Unless you are seriously bipolar, please don't take depakote. That shit is nasty over time, it's terrible for the liver and it fucks with your hormones.