• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do you use for scraping?

pminty

Greenlighter
Hey fellow BlueLighters, here's a interesting thing to discuss and compare:

What do you use to scrape things like glassine bags and what do you use for a surface?

For example:

For glassine bags that need to be scraped, I use an X-Acto Gripster because in between the shaft and the tension screw there is a washer with flat sides so it doesn't roll. I use it with either a #11 blade (see chart) that cuts right through the bag and completely opens it up. Depending on the type of bag I may use a #7 because it just works better with a gentler approach to the process. After it's cut open I use either the blade of the knife or a utility knife blade to scrape it onto a piece of glass from a regular picture frame. Once that's done I use both blades to slide everything on the glass into a soup spoon.

magic-bag.jpg

57420-2050-1-2ww-m.jpg
blade1a.jpg

s0147722_sc7

What does everyone else use? Methods and tools if you're so inclined.

For my pills I use the type of knife you show at the end of your post. For my surface I have a small favorite plate I like to use. I crush them up on the plate using a plastic sports team schedule which looks a lot like a credit card. There you have it, my little arsenal 3x a day. I'm sure that's not much different than many others, just thought I'd share.

If your straighten out the bent end of a bicycle spoke it makes a great tool for scraping pipes and what not.

The bent end (the end that hooks into the hub, not the threaded end that goes into the rim) has a surface that works great for both scraping and collecting.