Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

• Total voters

johnlesliemackie

Bluelighter
So, am i the only one who is hooked to this visually stunning and addictive italian tv show centered around naples criminal underworld, primarily the Gomorra, and the transition from the old to the new breed, a clash between tradition and counter-tradition. The show’s pace alternate, at times moving at a frantic speed, while at other times it slows down, allowing us to delve deeper into the characters and how they survive, adapt, evolve and respond in a violent and ruthless environment.

The show’s well-produced, superbly maintaining delicate balance between gritty realism, while contrasting the apathy of the suburban concrete jungle with a pallette of piercing colors, helped by the wonderful lighting.

The plot is basically about different clans and leaders of different piazzas plotting and counter-plotting, which as a description feels reductive but it’s executed to perfection, allowing the locality of the setting, naples, come to life, honoring the ’regional’ aspect. As the show unfolds, the scope willl broaden and incorporate other mafia organizations, e.g., ’ndranghetan.

Two sessions are already complete, whereas the third also starting to near its end.

I deeply recommend it to anyone who wants a gritty crime/mafia drama; it’s actually more like the wire than Sopranos.

Sounds really good and I've added it to my long list of shows. Unfortunately my long list of shows is being made concurrent with my list of self improvements which includes not sitting in front of screens so much!;)

Gomorrah is incredible but I hadn't realised that season 3 had started. Cheers for the heads up!

The third season just ended! I have yet to see the last two episodes, but i’m looking forward to it. Visually, there’s nothing like the neon-lit concrete piazzas of naples — at times its like an optic explosion of nuances. Like i mentioned, the use of light in the show is masterful.

Last edited:
^According to epguides there are four episodes left: http://www.epguides.com/Gomorrah

It's a shame this hasn't been released in English speaking countries yet, I can't wait to see it.

Visually, there’s like the neon-lit concrete piazzas of naples — at times its like an optic explosion of nuances. Like i mentioned, the use of light in the show is masterful.

I totally agree with this. It's got such gritty and grimy cutscenes, and somehow those really basic visuals of a night time highway or a concrete parking lot really help set the vibe.

^According to epguides there are four episodes left: http://www.epguides.com/Gomorrah

It's a shame this hasn't been released in English speaking countries yet, I can't wait to see it.

I totally agree with this. It's got such gritty and grimy cutscenes, and somehow those really basic visuals of a night time highway or a concrete parking lot really help set the vibe.
Good news! For some reason i believed this season consisted of eight episodes. Don’t know why— but i’m glad i was wrong. :)

I stream it through HBO nordic (they offer a plethora of american and european shows, in addition to the HBO-exclusive ones). I have no clue how to legally watch it, with subtitles, outside the scandinavian countries. Maybe through sky’s streaming service?

Last edited: