Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.K. - Police launch operation to test Lincoln clubbers for drugs

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Police launch operation to test Lincoln clubbers for drugs
Holly O'Flinn
Lincolnshire Live
December 5th, 2017

Partygoers could be tested for drugs, including cocaine, ecstasy and amphetamine, in Lincoln nightclubs as part of a police operation.

Some clubbers tested positive for drugs when swabbed and tested at Circle nightclub in Silver Street on Saturday, December 2 between 9pm and 1am.

Operation Waiver is targeting the use of illegal drugs in Lincoln’s night time economy.

Lincolnshire Police Alcohol Licensing Team supported by officers from the Community Beat Team in Lincoln worked with Circle Night Club, Silver Street, Lincoln to launch the operation at the weekend.

The management of the premises had invited the police to use their venue as the launch pad for the operation.

Read the full story here.

When I first thought the title of this article was like “Police launch operation to test Lincoln, cduggles drug user”

That would have sucked but been funnier than the actual case...

Poor cduggles, being targeted by an entire police force like that ;)

Great. Whose idea was this? Peter Hitchens?

Unbelievable.

I've never been into the club scene but I'd imagine that would really deter people from going clubbing...aside from the people who just drink. And they're not arresting those that are just high but not in possession right?

It's bullshit either way I'm more or less just curious how prevalent drugs, aside from alcohol, are in clubs....I've never known someone into clubbing who wasn't a fan of phenathylamines or coke.

I've never been into the club scene but I'd imagine that would really deter people from going clubbing...aside from the people who just drink. And they're not arresting those that are just high but not in possession right?

It's bullshit either way I'm more or less just curious how prevalent drugs, aside from alcohol, are in clubs....I've never known someone into clubbing who wasn't a fan of phenathylamines or coke.

Based on my own extensive experience, euphorically-stimulating drugs (Coke, Meth, MDMA, D-Amp, etc.) are VERY prevalent. It might not seem this way, but that's because we're all counting on not being busted for possession, let alone dealing.

Also, the fact that virtually-all of the establishments serve alcoholic beverages certainly doesn't help drunk attendees refuse offers to get high. Not trying vilify the consumption of booze, because I still partake, but in my humble opinion, it's THE gateway drug (and allegations that it's actually weed is projection and/or bullshit).

overtime and weekend anitsocial hours rates- £££££££

this is about paying the mortgage

same as fabric with its undercover officers sitting about doing fuck all and harrassing the patrons at a leisurely pace while saving no-one and being a drain on the public purse

how about investigate burglaries?

people taking drugs to go clubbing are not the same demographic as burglars smoking crack every day- different type of person, same substance- completely different behaviours and characters

same as fabric with its undercover officers sitting about doing fuck all and harrassing the patrons at a leisurely pace while saving no-one and being a drain on the public purse

how about investigate burglaries?

Exactly, perfectly put! A total waste of public resources, taking police away from worthwhile policing, and doing nothing to help patrons.

A better approach is to ditch the cops and simply to provide a non-judgemental paramedic to provide any emergency supportive care in the rare case of ODs.