• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Trippduptrappdout

Greenlighter
Hell members of blue light... this is my first pay on here so please spare me. Well, I’ll just come out and say it. I THINK LSD has fucked me up. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always been a little wacky, but I could function socially and my wackiness even made me more appealing to people (I think). After taking LSD a few times though(biggest trip was 300 mcg and previous trips were maybe 90 mcg), and smoking tons of weed chronically, plus doing some mescaline, plus some mushrooms, I can’t hold conversations and I have social anxiety, I constantly do things alone, but when I’m alone I want to be with people, and when I’m with people I want to be alone. I’m still smart, I can put together good essays and can do all my homework, but I usually have to do it alone and can’t do any kind of group work. When I talk, it comes out slow too, which makes me think my thinking has been slowed down. It’s hard for me to relate to people... I hardly feel any emotions... and the emotions I do feel tend to be somewhat intense. I used to be very socially awkward when I was younger, then out of willpower I worked on myself, and became a social butterfly and someone that could talk to almost anyone. I was the student body president at my school and gave great speeches. I feel like I am a shell of what I used to be. Also, the trips I had were after a loved one in my family passed, and I wasn’t ina good place. Does anybody have the same issues? I keep these thoughts locked up in my head and don’t really express them... hoping I can find some answers here or atleast some people that relate. Thoughts?

Hey tripp, welcome to Bluelight! Really sorry to hear you're feeling like that :(

I'm not sure whether it could have had that much of an effect. How long ago did you last take some?

My best suggestion for you is to go over to Psychedelic Drugs and pose the question to them for their opinions, as they have more expertise in this area.

Best of luck mate,
CFC

Hi Tripp, it sounds like you have a lot of social anxiety even outside of the effects of the drugs? Have you ever tried any therapy for that? Specifically CBT? It has a pretty good track record.