• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's safe and what's not?

SpacemanTwister

Greenlighter
Hey,

I'd really appreciate any and all input regarding these possible drug combos. I need to know what drugs are safe or not to take with my current medication etc.

I am currently prescribed:

Fluoxetine (Prozac) 40 mg daily
Quetiapine (Seroquel) 25-50mg daily
Omeprazole daily

I also take:

Kratom 5-10 grams daily
Phenibut approx 3 grams one day a week (max)

I am currently starting to lower my kratom dose and within a month or 2 will not be taking it everyday.
I am not dependent on Phenibut and obviously do not have to take it if there are any interaction problems.

So which drugs can I safely take from the list below:

Lyrica/pregabalin
Benzos (e.g. clonazepam etc)
3FPM
Ketamine
MXE
Modafanil/Modafiendz
Etizolam
1p Lsd
6apb
Dxm

I am aware that it is not safe to take mdma with my current medication (I.e risk of serotonin syndrome). I think it may be the same for 6apb and Dxm.

Disclaimer I'm not planning on going full throttle bingeing on any of these drugs. I consider myself a responsible drug user and want to stay as safe as possible.

Trying to utfse isn't turning up all the info I need as well as some unreliable and contradictory advice.

Please share any relevant information.

Many thanks

ST

Talk to your doctor who prescribes you your medications.

It's far better than asking random strangers online who are not medical professionals, and if you use drugs or supplements, etc. your doctor should know about the ones you use, and you will not get into any legal trouble for telling him/her this.

Talk to your doctor who prescribes you your medications.

It's far better than asking random strangers online who are not medical professionals, and if you use drugs or supplements, etc. your doctor should know about the ones you use, and you will not get into any legal trouble for telling him/her this.

Speaking to my doctor is not a realistic option and honestly wouldn't expect him to know. I am asking here because it's a harm reduction site and thought that it was a reasonable query to make.

Anyone else with any responses? Any advice from anyone at all regarding possible interactions evidence or anecdotal based even?

If you don't think that much of your doc, why take the medicines this guy prescribes you? This is all very puerile.

If you don't think that much of your doc, why take the medicines this guy prescribes you? This is all very puerile.

It wasn't my doc that prescribed my medication it was a past health professional whose services are no longer involved in my recovery (unfortunately).

I take the medications because I trusted the professional that prescribed them to me. There are many reasons why myself, and many others for that fact, feel it is best to take medication that they're not 100% happy with for their mental health. Likewise having to consult a gp who I do not have total faith in is not ideal but unfortunately "just how it is".
My doctor would be the first to tell me that he (the health services) are not up to standard and under equipped as well as them being underfunded.

" This is all very puerile "

Thanks for your judgment Steady Scootin :\

I can see how someone may read my op and think Jeez this guy's on drugs for his mental health yet wants to take recreational drugs on top- that's not wise.
But tbh I am a very responsible drug/drink taker. I have no plans to go out caning it and getting fucked up all the time. I may never even take some of those drugs that I have listed e.g. dxm. Regarding the 1p lsd I may be interested in micro dosing one day if set and setting ever felt right but maybe not.

I have no interest in taking any of the drugs listed on a regular basis but may want to indulge every now n again.

So if anyone can advise on the safety or not of taking any of the listed drugs with my current meds I'd really appreciate your input to help me make a more informed decision.

Thanks

Combo_2-1.png

Thanks Vinny G :)

I'm on the mobile atm so will check it properly later, but is that chart showing that ssri + mdma is low risk?

I'm surprised, I would have thought that would be seen as more of a danger tbh (although anecdotally speaking a lot of people who have taken mdma whilst on ssri's have stated few problems and mostly that the mdma simply did not work. Though there are other reports of people suffering serious health problems e.g. serotonin syndrome).

Again thanks for the chart. Unfortunately it does not seem to show interaction of ssri + quetiapine + ?recreational drug?
I can miss a day or two of quetiapine/seroquel no problem.

Any more replies appreciated :)

Last edited:
That’s a nice chart. I’ve been doing, reading about, and talking about, drugs for a long time, and have never seen a chart like that.

OP I don’t have any experience with your situation, so unfortunately won’t be of much help here. Good luck! :)

Thanks Vinny G :)

I'm on the mobile atm so will check it properly later, but is that chart showing that ssri + mdma is low risk?

I'm surprised, I would have thought that would be seen as more of a danger tbh (although anecdotally speaking a lot of people who have taken mdma whilst on ssri's have stated few problems and mostly that the mdma simply did not work. Though there are other reports of people suffering serious health problems e.g. serotonin syndrome).

Again thanks for the chart. Unfortunately it does not seem to show interaction of ssri + quetiapine + ?recreational drug?
I can miss a day or two of quetiapine/seroquel no problem.

Any more replies appreciated :)

I suspect that may be due to MAO-A levels varying between people, never mix MAOI's with mdma

ssri + quetiapine seems like a counter-productive combo

I suspect that may be due to MAO-A levels varying between people, never mix MAOI's with mdma

ssri + quetiapine seems like a counter-productive combo

Ta, I will probably taper off the ssri in the new year. I honestly never felt any relief or good effect from the fluoxetine at all. I have definitely noticed undesirable side effects though.