• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

New member, need help

Lmao alldonewithit! 30 days is such a huge accomplishment. I am so in awe! You sure are an inspiration and example of the short taper. Cravings had me yesterday badly...but I fought them off all day. I'm glad we ended up going out to the movies and not to a party last night. Made it easier to keep my family in perspective and not the party life.

Congrats again on your 30 days! Many more to come!

32 days today. Got to go back to the drs, because the bronchitis hasn't gone away, and now i have to be checked for pneumonia. Started in my nasals 2 weeks ago, moved into the chest, now its throat and ears too. Funny, i haven't been sick, that I've felt, in 4 years. Now that i only take vitamins, tyrosine, and superfood drink, I'm as sick as I've felt In decades.

35 days today. Still feel a little weak, and not sure if it's the bronchitis (no pneumonia), or just the post withdrawals. Feeling a bit depressed about the whole situation, i thought I'd feel great by now. I feel good, i don't have to wake up sick, needing a fix, but damn, i want to wake up feeling great.

Hey Alldone,

Great thread dude! I think between getting proper sick and quitting all in the last month, you've been very focused on a specific task along with the holidays. Now that everything is starting to become normalized, it's a lot easier to kind of get lost. When I put together a year of clean time a few years ago, I hit that lull about a month or so in and I really had to stay focused on the day to day and keeping my activity up as to not let my mind wander too much. Keep feeling better day by day and more importantly and noticeably, month by month.

-SK

Thanks SK, good to hear someone else's experience, and glad that after a month or so, it was similar feelings.

Just remember that every positive thing you do during PAWS is a positive life skill for the rest of your life. Learning how to deal with boredom, negative thinking, uncomfortable feelings like anger and fear or sadness--this isn't just coming off of drugs, this is LIFE. We all have to learn ourselves, learn what we can and cannot control and then start the lifelong process of applying the strategies that will work for us when life throws us the inevitable curve ball (sorry about the baseball terminology for the rest of the world;) Curve ball= something unexpected that doesn't fit the normal patterns, usually carrying a negative connotation).

38 days, and the fog has lifted. I feel really good, the only thing i can report, and its something i haven't posted, is my ears continually ring. At times i don't notice it, and others its hard not too. Not sure how much longer ill post in this thread, but ill definitely be around in others threads helping them along.

Day 41, feel really good. Hopefully this thread ca help others beat this demon. If i could go back and change anything, i would of used my hot tub more, instead of taking 6-7 hot showers a day. The showers helped, don't get me wrong, but i have a 1yr old 32 jet, 6 person hot tub out back, and i rarely used it.

^I'll be right over!=D Just kidding but boy does that sound luxurious.

It's nice, we keep it at 102? year round. Even on freezing cold days/nights you're not cold when you get out, so there's really no excuse not to use it.

Alldonewithit! I'm back. I've posted in my old thread, not sure if I should start another. But if you'd like to read it and chime in with your expertise, I sure wouldn't mind! I'm so glad you're still here and doing well!

I figure id chime in and let anyone interested in on how I'm doing. Its 78 days today, and things are going really well. Around day 50 i slipped up and took 1mg of sub . I was feeling down, had my daughter's basketball game to go to, then an away game for my son, and felt i needed a boost . That 1mg fugged me up, let me tell ya. I got a splitting headache a few hours in and i feel that was the sign i needed to never touch anything again. I still have some rough days getting going, but once i do, i feel good, and the day rolls on. Im so glad i don't have to wake up in the morning and immediately get my fix, it's such a good feeling. I plan on getting back into youth baseball coaching this spring, and possibly aau hoops, two things i love doing. Kid's and their parents have been asking me for a couple years now if i was going to do it again, but the last couple of years i had no desire to do it, and that desire has now returned. To all of you out there detoxing right now, i know it's hard, and feels like it'll never end, but it does, and life is so much better on this side. So stay strong, push through these rough days, and you'll reach that light at the end of the tunnel. You're doing this for a reason, never forget that.

8 months clean tomorrow. I still have days that i crave, and still have days that drag, but that could be just life, and i never really experienced it, because before opiates iwas athletic and in shape, so i didn't have days where my legs felt heavy. Just got back from a week's vacation where i didn't have to worry about loading up before we went, and i actually enjoyed the whole week's worth of events. All you that are trying to get clean, you can do it, be strong, and get it done. It's so much better on this side.

Congrats on 8 months alldonewithit! Truly an inspiration! I was just talking to a nurse at my clinic today about how us ope addicts will blame literally every negative feeling or thing about us on our wd..when sometimes that's just how life goes sometimes..good days and bad.

Also, glad you had a good vacation! Isn't it so nice to not have to worry about vacation drugs? I always hated having to first spend money to travel then spend almost as much on drugs to keep me well on vacation. A lot of times I couldn't afford enough drugs and ended up in wd for most of my vacations.. making then very unenjoyable. I used to love globe trekking until my addiction. Something I look forward to in my sobriety

Last edited:
That's really awesome All!!
8 months is amazing!!!!

I'm glad you'rs still at it, really happy for you. Have fun coaching those kids, I'm sure they'll love having you back almost as much as you love being back!!!

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Last year we went to Oregon, then San Fran each fire a week(live in upstate ny), and i was just about out of my scripts. That was complete craziness trying to get the funds, and product to get me through 2 weeks. I told myself i will not go through that again. It was so nice not having to worry about it. It's nice not having to wake every morning and take something. I still have mornings where i wake up feeling i need something to get going, but once i actually start moving around and getting ready for work, that feeling goes away. Then there's mornings where i bounce right up ready to go. Again, that's probably how many people feel anyway, but i just attribute it to drugs.

I coached my sons baseball team this year. It was great, felt really good to be out there again. 7-8 year old level isn't where i can help most, because there's usually only 2-4 kids on each team that really want to learn about the game or work on it, but it was still great. Getting one kid who really wasn't into it, to enjoy it, and get better as the season ends is worth it though, and i always get a couple of them. Basketball will be next. I don't do football. I love the game, but i just don't know all the intricacies, and drills, that a good coach should know.