View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Differences between 4-sub tryptamines

Korrit

Bluelighter
Hey all :)...In the 4 sub tryptamines I have only tried 4HO-MiPT (and liked it by the way) and I have a good amont of this material, now I have the chance to get a good amont of 4AcO-DMT, or 4HO-MET or 4AcO-MET (have to choose only one between those three)... To make my décision there is only one criteria: I will pick up the material that is the most different from 4HO-MiPT....Any help? Thanks.

I would go for the 4-aco-dmt, it's most tried and true, one I doubt you'd go wrong with choosing. With either of the METs the mental side is pretty gentle IME, but that may be what you're after.

Thanks Moxious,...No it is not what I'm going after, the idea is not to pick up a chemical who is too close to 4HO-MiPT, cause obviously there is no need to have two substances that are like each other

Yeah I get that, it's just hard to say because it depends on how you react to 4-ho-mipt. I thought it might land in the ballpark just because I get strong mental stimulation with mipt but not with met, so they are not close in that respect.

I would say 4-AcO-DMT is the most dissimilar from 4-HO-MiPT, but 4-HO/AcO-MET are quite dissimilar as well. Personally, I much prefer the -METs, since 4-AcO-DMT is very dark and anxiogenic for me. I recently wrote a 4-AcO-DMT trip report that makes some comparisons between my experiences with 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET.

Are those 4 subs tryptamines stable? ...I'm considering ordering large amount in order to have a life time stock.

I don't mean to be a stickler but "what should i take" threads are not allowed

I don't mean to be a stickler but "what should i take" threads are not allowed
I may be wrong but.. Basically it is not a "what should I take".. it is a comparaison between tryptamines.

I'm going to rename the thread some. It's true you're asking about differences between tryptamines so I'll change the title to reflect that.

I've had 4-aco-dmt and 4-ho-met, enjoyed both. only done them both once really so i can't make too many comparisons.

Although, I sought out 4-ho-met because I heard it is gentler on the mind than other 4-subs, with the theory that I could get a greater visuals:mindfuck ratio. Tryptamine visuals I find incredibly interesting, but I find mushrooms to be incredibly intense on my mind and body by the time I can get to a level of strong visuals.

So, my logic is that if I take a dose of 4-HO-MET high enough to produce the same level of mindfuck as mushrooms, I'll get more visuals at that level. Hope that makes sense.

This is a massive oversimplification, but for example, lets pretend that at any dose of mushrooms the mindfuck to visuals ratio is 4:2, and that 4-ho-met is 2:4. I can increase the dose of 4-ho-met to get a trip with a mindfuck to visuals ratio of 4:8, ultimately getting more visuals per mindfuck.

Although, some would say its not so much that it is less "mindfuck" but more that the mindfuck in nature is more transparent. But sometimes I wonder if this has to do with preconceived notions about the substance, romanticization of nature regarding mushrooms, etc. Nonetheless, its a thought I had and I'll try this experiment out when the weather gets nicer.

Last edited:
Honestly, the 4-substituted DMTs, MiPTs, and METs are all quite different as far as 4-substituted tryptamines go. I think 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MiPT are probably slightly more similar, but still very different, and if I had to choose between these three types I would choose those two in a heartbeat. That said, there is something to be said about the raw power of any tryptamine with a DMT tail.

Although, I sought out 4-ho-met because I heard it is gentler on the mind than other 4-subs, with the theory that I could get a greater visuals:mindfuck ratio. Tryptamine visuals I find incredibly interesting, but I find mushrooms to be incredibly intense on my mind and body by the time I can get to a level of strong visuals.

So, my logic is that if I take a dose of 4-HO-MET high enough to produce the same level of mindfuck as mushrooms, I'll get more visuals at that level. Hope that makes sense.

This is a massive oversimplification, but for example, lets pretend that at any dose of mushrooms the mindfuck to visuals ratio is 4:2, and that 4-ho-met is 2:4. I can increase the dose of 4-ho-met to get a trip with a mindfuck to visuals ratio of 4:8, ultimately getting more visuals per mindfuck.

It's good logical reasoning, but it doesn't hold up in practice for me personally. The headspace of 4-HO-MET for me is not only lighter than mushrooms, it's also very different in nature, and does not appear to pick up anything I would describe as a significant mindfuck even when I double an already very powerful dosage. If mushrooms are 4:2, then for me 4-HO-MET is like 0:4.

Your mileage may vary, as I have known it to for others. But that's how it works for me so far.

4-AcO-DMT basically told me what I need to do to get my life together, and since I haven't been able to meet these conditions, every trip with psilacetin since then has been dysphoric as fuck. Like, not the prototypical "bad trip", but I am confronted with the question of "why haven't you done what I told you yet?"

4-ho-mipt is on the other hand very recreational, at least until I push the dose. My "accidental-on-purpose" estimated 55-60mg dose was perhaps the strongest mental trip with a psychedelic yet (3-meo-pcp "holes" trumped it easily though). I felt I went insane for an hour or two and got so tired of the shit going in in my head that I put on Neil DeGrasse Tyson and let him explain to me how the universe works.

4-ho-met I have the least experience with, but it felt very non-threatening and functional much like a "reasonable" dose of -mipt, but with perhaps richer, more saturated visuals and less euphoria.

Humm reading your comments guys makes me want the MET more.. cause if I choose to do a non recreational trip and think about things that I must fix in my life I go for acid... still need to know if those 4 subs are stable enough to order a life time stock... thank you.

I've kept them dry at room temp in a box, for a year, without any loss of potency, so I believe they are.

I've kept them dry at room temp in a box, for a year, without any loss of potency, so I believe they are.
Thanks for your response :) , I'm pretty sure they won't loss potency if kept in such condition for only a year or two.. I want to know if they will still be potent after say 20 or 25 years... maybe putting them in a the freezer will help? I just want to be sure before ordering a huge amont.

Sorry Korrit, I'd help you with the storage issue if I could, but I'm not sure exactly how long tryptamines keep in ideal conditions (yes, freezing them will help -- just be careful not to get any condensation on the material when defrosting!). People do stock up on lifetime supplies of tryptamines, it's not unheard of, so I think it should be okay. Maybe someone else can give a more exact answer. :)

I havent noticed any change on 4 aco dmt or 5 meo mipt stored in air tight (?) epindorph tubes in a larger dessicated mason jar in freezer... Always allowed to come to room temp overnight before opening for fear of condensation

Thanks guys.. I have now another question, is freezing / defreezing repetedly bad for stability ? I googled this without being able to find a clear answer.