• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants for work

bloobfun

Greenlighter
Hello, I am new to this forum, however i have used it as a good reference in some of my past times trying things, so basically, I would like to know whether it is safe to do stimulants at work, I have done meth and speed, however I am hesitant to do ice, plus its not really my thing, but it seemed to last longer and give me more of a productive vibe than speed. I am worried, because my work is hard labour and in extreme environments (27-30 degrees during summer, with a average humidity of 60%). I have researched how stimulants will increase your body temperature, and even i noticed how much it increased on ice. should i just try alternatives or would it be okay.

Thank you.

Do you want to keep your job? I would highly advise not to take stimulants at work (i've done it). Do you really need them or are you using them to get high and enjoy work? If you taking stims every time you work then you're basically depending on them which obviously isn't good. If you're doing this everyday just to enjoy or be 'better' at your job then what's going to happen when you get to the point where you need to quit stims? This is a very bad idea IMO.

I did it for a long time and once I quit using I hated work because I wasn't high. This resulted in me quitting my job.

Coffee coffee coffee should do the trick. Or work out, get some cardio in when you're not at work, eat healthy and you'll have much more energy.

^ this.
People on strong psychostimulants like amphetamine tend to lose a sense of their self-awareness, and act in strange ways.

Stims can really fuck with your judgement, and while you may feel really productive, you're just hyperfocused on some minute detail of your job, but not really completing anything.

I don't know exactly what sort of work you're doing, but you could put yourself and your co-workers (and other people) if you're spun and working with heavy machinery or anything like that.

Also, speed really dehydrates you and makes you sweat and pee more. You'd likely be drinking and going off to piss constantly.

Then there's the way you'd look to your boss. you may not realise you're talking too much or too rapidly, but people pick up on that kinda thing.

Or perhaps it will lift your productivity to an unrealistic level, and your boss will expect that from you all the time.
If you can't then deliver that pace of work people might think you're slacking off, or just erratic.

Erratic is probably the most likely perception people may get - because taking speed at work will make you erratic.
You'll be very up and peppy at times, but there will be other times that you'll be tired and unable to fake enthusiasm convincingly, because speed disrupts your sleep.

I've taken stims at work before, but it's not something i'd recommend (or do again).

The one time i do take (dex) amphetamine is when i'm working in a recording studio, because i'm a musician - and it helps keep me focussed, inspired and helps maintain that focus and still play in a really nimble kind of way, even after the 17th take, 8
6 hours into the session.
But that's different, because it's not my soul source of income and i don't have a boss looking over my shoulder.
So while it is "work" but not like rocking up to my desk job all wired on speed.

Any cognitive benefits you get from amphetamine tend to balance out with how much it depletes your ability to focus the day afterwards, or when you're coming down and feeling edgy.
It's not sustainable, basically - and yeah, people on speed often tend to look like they're obviously on drugs.
I think my focus is better when i've been sleeping and eating well, and not taking too many drugs, than it is on speed.

Anyway, not wishing to sound too negative - i'm not saying "just say no" - i just think it's better to save drugs for having fun than using them to get through everyday life.
Especially amphetamine, which is physically and psychologically taxing.
I'd say it's unsafe in regards to your health, as well as OH&S and you run the risk of jeopardising your job.

I've worked with people who were using meth for 'productivity'.. I don't like to generalise and I believe that amphetamine has its' place, but it has always been a negative experience for me, working around people who have themselves convinced that being wired at their job equals good work ethic.

I'd rather people take their time, pay attention to what they are doing and just follow the game plan. Amps seem to inhibit this ability for a lot of people. I've gone to work with a chemically induced bounce in my step more than once, I felt like I was getting the job done in an effective manner. Probably not though. Probably not.

Modafinil seems okay though. It makes me feel The way I probably would if I slept properly, ate healthier, exercised more and put a little work into improving my attitude.

Modafinil seems okay though. It makes me feel The way I probably would if I slept properly, ate healthier, exercised more and put a little work into improving my attitude.

Yeah I took Modafinil at work but it made me feel sketchy and didn't really do much in terms of increasing productivity.

Yeah, I think it's labelled a wakefulness enhancer or some noise, but it's still a stimulant, typical stim side effects probably aren't that uncommon. I prefer it to caffeine if I'm really drained but a can of coke or something is usually enough of a kickstart.

When it comes to a job stick with caffeine. Maybe throw in a racetam now and again and make sure you have a good choline source via supplements or eat plenty of fish and eggs. Your diet is important and can be a "high", in and of itself.

^ this is very true

Hello, I am new to this forum, however i have used it as a good reference in some of my past times trying things, so basically, I would like to know whether it is safe to do stimulants at work, I have done meth and speed, however I am hesitant to do ice, plus its not really my thing, but it seemed to last longer and give me more of a productive vibe than speed.

This is a little confusing, but you know that ice and meth are the same thing, right?
(Unless you are talking about 4-MAR when you say "ice"?)

I've done coke at work plenty of times, and adderall a couple of times, and I usually regret it.

In my personal experience, stims never seem to have the intended effect of increasing productivity, working harder, staying more alert, etc...

Instead they make me tweak out, get a little paranoid, and my voice sounds super nervous whenever I have to talk to anyone. Like my mind is in overdrive, and I'm overthinking everything. And like Spacejunk said, people tend to pick up on that sort of thing. Even non-users... they aren't stupid, they can tell when you're all railed out.

I echo the others' sentiments, and would recommend against it.