• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Heroin is dead

CatcherInPopEfield

Greenlighter
I know street heroin has always been stepped on, but man, now it's none existent or has such little quantity in it thanks to the influx of fentanyl and it's analogues.

I've done EVERY opiate and opioid under the sun via prescription thanks to chronic conditions... raw opium and heroin are the only ones I've never tried and the ones on my bucket list. Thanks to those drugs being illegal and the pain in the ass it is to make heroin, these drugs will be totally gone in a few years and it will be 100% shitty fentanyl. Even right now the stuff you can get is already going to be just fentanyl / carfentanil being passed off as heroin, or just a smidge of heroin if you're lucky but still containing that other crap.

I would like to say LOL at the people who enjoy fentanyl. There's no warm rush in it and it's so short acting. Fentanyl is great for operative procedures but I can't understand why people abuse that shitty drug. I was actually prescribed fentanyl and threw it in the garbage because it's so short acting. A few shots of tequila will do you better than fentanyl.

I get hydromorphone though and it is 3-4X stronger than heroin and is a derivative of morphine just like heroin so you do get the warm rush and blissful apathy, unlike shitty fentanyl.

I'm not sure what you are trying to get at in terms of a discussion here.

For what it's worth, I know a lot of people who don't find hydromorphone to be nearly as pleasurable as heroin. So much of this stuff is deeply personal, it's hard to make generalization about how drug use is going to be for someone other than one's self.

I've also heard from a lot of people that, even in the Northeastern US where there is a lot of fent "dope", the quality of most heroin is still better than what it was decades ago during various droughts. There is just so much variation in quality of drugs and our experiences of drug use though, again it's hard to generalize.

Anyways, where is this going? Would you like me to move it to DC or a regional discussion forum (like NSADD)?

The fact that I'm relatively sure you've got more than just heroin and opium to try as far as opioids before you've had em all, why bother with extremely broad generalizations about the quality and prevalence of a drug you don't do? Who cares if someone else enjoys a drug you don't? Why would heroin, a drug currently surging in popularity disappear relatively soon? Why be thankful for chronic poor health? I could go on, but I'm really not sure why I'm replying in the first place.

Yeah heroin definitely is not dying, nor dead.

I don't agree with the main point of the thread - that heroin is going to be dead/is dead - it's not, but what's so hard to understand about it? Opinions differ. Just because you strongly disagree with the argument doesn't necessarily mean it's not worth talking about.

But as TPD said, drug preferences differ and generally it's meaningless to argue about tastes because there will always be people who like stuff you don't like. A lot of people don't mind fent as long as it's not OD-causing as fentadope. I've never tried either heroin or fentanyl, though I would want to - I've had oral morphine, but it isn't the same I guess. But opioid is an opioid. When you're dependent or suffering from (chronic) pain, you're gonna enjoy whatever opioid you can get - trust me.

I understand what he’s trying to say. I just don’t understand the point/purpose of saying it. Other than to LOL at people who like fent.

But in hindsight, I didnt add anything meaningful myself, either, other than a lame attempt to be snarky, so I’ll walk away from this one.

I'm pretty sure that heroin purity today is higher than in any other time period...someone posted a link in another thread to a DEA link saying that the heroin they seized in New Jersey in the past 5 years averaged around 60 percent diamorphine.

It makes sense when you consider the fact that there is a massive heroin factory called Mexico which is located in close proximity to the USA. My understanding is that heroin purity (as in, when you purchase "heroin", what % of that is actual diamorphine) has increased in other countries as well in recent decades.

There are also more adulterants than ever, of course...but the idea that heroin is "dead"...it is obviously not. In fact it is one of the most prevalent illegal drugs out there...you can find heroin all over the world

I live in Australia and the heroin I've been getting for the past several years has been excellent. And definitely not adulterated with fentanyl (yes I have confirmed that objectively and not just from my own perception).

Heroin is not dead.